Class of 2019 - DB Myles Farmer (GA) TRANSFERRING FROM NEBRASKA TO SYRACUSE (8/13/23) | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 DB Myles Farmer (GA) TRANSFERRING FROM NEBRASKA TO SYRACUSE (8/13/23)

Have a pretty good feeling this kid will be getting drafted in a couple years. Caleb, Lockett, Wax, Farmer, Thompson, Barron, Isaiah Johnson, Clark. Will either be drafted or at least in NFL camps within the next 1-2 years. Pretty good defense if you ask me. Not to mention the young talent on the defensive side that will have their time to shine like Peterson, Wilson, Jobity, Perry, Bailey, Bellamy, Gould, Jaquez, Jalil Wilson. The defense is pretty set and loaded and we have a stud defensive coordinator to use all these players. Everyone should be pretty excited to be honest.

Team got worn down 2nd half of the season. People wondered why there was a drop off. They are doing whatever it takes to have depth and be more prepared for the grind of the season. Clemson UNC FSU will be a tough stretch physically. You want to have fresher bodies going into the VT game.
As far as defense I'm only concerned about DL because there's a lot of young guys they are counting on. The bodies are there compared to last season. Just a matter of getting thrown into the fire.

Team got worn down 2nd half of the season. People wondered why there was a drop off. They are doing whatever it takes to have depth and be more prepared for the grind of the season. Clemson UNC FSU will be a tough stretch physically. You want to have fresher bodies going into the VT game.
The bye before the closing stretch of five very winnable games is great timing. And I think we can beat UNC regardless. I love the schedule.

You can talk about every bad decision made by Dino. Or you can rely on the hirings of Tony White and Travis Fisher. Two successful coaches that coached Farmer and wanted him at Cuse.
Are you hypothesizing that White wanted him here or you know that Dino and staff reached out to him? If so, I’d say this is a home run pickup.

As far as defense I'm only concerned about DL because there's a lot of young guys they are counting on. The bodies are there compared to last season. Just a matter of getting thrown into the fire.
Agree. Just cant predict injuries.

I hear you but really like this young group. I know it’s not necessarily tru, but Lockett, Jacquez, and Chase Simmons all went down with season ending injuries last year. Find it hard to believe we’ll be dealing with that again

Yup, and by that time the transfers will all have a half season (plus bye week) to get up to speed

If we can get through those first 7 games with 5-6 wins, AND have fresh bodies for the stretch run post BYE, that is how you put together a special season (for us)

You should always be recruiting over talent. If you don't like it, up your game. This isn't participation trophy time. The team wants that as well because they want to win as much as the staff. Again culture is more important than talent but if the young guy is willing to come in with the right attitude, then it's a no brainer.

You should always be recruiting over talent. If you don't like it, up your game. This isn't participation trophy time. The team wants that as well because they want to win as much as the staff. Again culture is more important than talent but if the young guy is willing to come in with the right attitude, then it's a no brainer.
Well said

TRANSFERRED FROM NEBRASKA 8/13/23:
MYLES FARMER 6' 3" 200/ S/ 4.5 40/ WEST LAKE HS, ATLANTA, GA
myles-farmer-web-0124-1563922328.jpg

95gUKjmo_400x400.jpg

Nebraska safety Myles Farmer transfers to Syracuse​

Syracuse added Nebraska transfer safety Myles Farmer after he entered the transfer portal earlier in August.
Farmer, a junior with two years of eligibility remaining, started 11 games for Nebraska in 2022, finishing with 73 tackles, second on the team. He had been suspended indefinitely by Nebraska football coach Matt Rhule for not “meeting the standard” of the program.
Farmer was suspended in November following a DUI citation.
Farmer was a three-star prospect in the 2019 cycle out of Westlake (GA). He committed to the Cornhuskers over offers from Oregon, NC State, Minnesota, Louisville and Virginia Tech, among others. Syracuse had also offered him.
https://nebraska./news/nebraska-safety-myles-farmer-transfers-to-syracuse

The guys on the team always know who deserves to be playing.

That just means we didn’t have the talent we need to compete. You bring in all the talent you can get. i got the feeling they weren’t confident with their DB’s or depth with the late JUCO signings so this is like a xmas present in August
Kid has a chance to play on Sundays talent and size

Have a pretty good feeling this kid will be getting drafted in a couple years. Caleb, Lockett, Wax, Farmer, Thompson, Barron, Isaiah Johnson, Clark. Will either be drafted or at least in NFL camps within the next 1-2 years. Pretty good defense if you ask me. Not to mention the young talent on the defensive side that will have their time to shine like Peterson, Wilson, Jobity, Perry, Bailey, Bellamy, Gould, Jaquez, Jalil Wilson. The defense is pretty set and loaded and we have a stud defensive coordinator to use all these players. Everyone should be pretty excited to be honest.
This will be our best D in a Decade

a drop off because our schedule got tougher no?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom