Class of 2021 - DB Tyreek Chappell (PA) Staying at Texas A&M | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 DB Tyreek Chappell (PA) Staying at Texas A&M

Would be a tremendous pickup. As a transfer he would need to be registered by around Jan 18th correct? (CL posted the dates in another thread I know but don't recall which one.) Hopefully a tight January window/registration benefits Syracuse here on the transfers and High schoolers coming in early.

Tyreek, commit to Cuse Football!​

2023-12-27 16:50:35 +0000.gif

He has a similar skill set as Duce. I would prefer Chappel over Duce but Duce would be a good consolation if we don’t get Chappel
Might be an undersell on Chappel. He started 30 games for TAM, including all 12 this season. And then there is this:

Chappell: "passer rating against in man coverage was just 70.5 per Pro Football Focus which was one of the best marks in the SEC."

Would be a tremendous pickup. As a transfer he would need to be registered by around Jan 18th correct? (CL posted the dates in another thread I know but don't recall which one.) Hopefully a tight January window/registration benefits Syracuse here on the transfers and High schoolers coming in early.
Registration for new Grad students is 1/2. Registration for undergraduates is 1/13-1/14. Late registration is 1/16-1/23. First day of classes is 1/16.

Oh yeah I know Chappell is better man to man but they are both good tacklers, have good instincts and good PBU when in position.
I hear you. I'm all for adding Duce to the DB room for depth. The lack of coverage skills on the 23 roster is a major red flag. I'm excited about adding Grant at safety. His addition hasn't been talked about much, but he is a playmaker back there.

I hear you. I'm all for adding Duce to the DB room for depth. The lack of coverage skills on the 23 roster is a major red flag. I'm excited about adding Grant at safety. His addition hasn't been talked about much, but he is a playmaker back there.
Yes Grant and Clark will be two play making safeties on the back end.

Registration for new Grad students is 1/2. Registration for undergraduates is 1/13-1/14. Late registration is 1/16-1/23. First day of classes is 1/16.
I will remember this here. Thank you!

Duce is not going to any school where he is not the starter. If SU gets Harris and Chappel he will not even be offered

Duce is not going to any school where he is not the starter. If SU gets Harris and Chappel he will not even be offered
That sounds so...definitive. You must be connected. Or, does Duce own a 'Dozer you wanna kill?

Wow, we may actually be reaching the point (albeit potentially) that we can turn down the caliber of a player that was once one of our best. Not arguing that we have or haven’t reached this point or that we may or may not take Duce, but it just struck me how amazing this change really is. Wake me up! Actually don’t wake me up, I wanna keep dreaming like this!

Justin is a natural at rover. Not sure the D Fran is going to play but he will probably be the SS

That sounds so...definitive. You must be connected. Or, does Duce own a 'Dozer you wanna kill?
Don't need to be connected to realize that Duce is not as good as players being brought in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom