DC done for the year... | Syracusefan.com

DC done for the year...

I feel bad for the kid. I wonder if the surgery is going to help or not.

Ugh, sucks for him. The writing was on the wall though. Roberson has to use this as an opportunity to step up and get some minutes if he can help us on the glass against big teams. We have two centers and that should be enough. The negative is we don't have much production off the bench with Grant starting. That's why Roberson may find some time if he can provide some punch...even if it's 5-7 minutes.

I'm concerned that DC carrying all that weight will lead to these chronic knee issues. I realize he got hurt by bumping knees with a teammate but this is the 2nd year in a row with knee issues. Kid worked hard to lose weight and he's been a model teammate, rooting for his guys and not sulking. I wish him well.

So does Obokoh come off redshirt?

Normally I'd say you don't need a third center, but I basically assume we're going to lose a center every full moon, so we might need a backup plan.

A true three forward rotation is better than a virtual three center rotation, anyway.

My guess is JB will try to go 40 mpg for Fair and 38 for Grant, but I hope he gradually reduces those numbers and Roberson is getting 5 to 8 minutes a game by mid February.

Bummer..

Any way to get a red-shirt for him? It would be great to have him an extra year. I thought the rule was a third of the games, in which case we are out of luck because I think he played in 14.

That sucks! Can't we just make it through one season without a major injury or academic etc.issue?! Best of luck to DC2 - I still feel he will be a valuable contributor here and he'll be very important next year. And no way is Obokoh coming off his redshirt.

A true three forward rotation is better than a virtual three center rotation, anyway.

My guess is JB will try to go 40 mpg for Fair and 38 for Grant, but I hope he gradually reduces those numbers and Roberson is getting 5 to 8 minutes a game by mid February.
I agree 100%

Sorry not too familiar to the exact redshirting rules but I know Kevin ware was allowed to redshirt this year even with a couple appearances. Anyway dc could get this year back?

So does Obokoh come off redshirt?

Normally I'd say you don't need a third center, but I basically assume we're going to lose a center every full moon, so we might need a backup plan.

uh... no.

The only thing this means is that we just lost 5 fouls.

Time to get Roberson some meaningful minutes. Even if it means playing him in crunch time of a close game. we need him and his 5 fouls ready to roll on any given night.