DC on our big men | Syracusefan.com

DC on our big men

SWC75

Bored Historian
Derrick Coleman has been sitting in with the guys at "On Further Review". I called in to ask him if he gets a chance to work with our big men and what he thinks of their progress.

He said he attends all the practices and gets on the court to help them with fundamentals. He praised Baye for "not falling into the trap of coaches screaming at him. All coaches scream at you." He praised him for being mentally strong and likes how Baye gets in the face of a guy like Zeller and doesn't let him get his shot off uncontested.

He said that Rak "seems slow because he's not moving his feet". he said that the way Rak gets used- "5 minutes in, 5 minutes out, make a mistake and you're out. It mentally messes with you. You say, "Oh, well..."

"I don't know what's going on with DaJuan. I think he should have played more. Maybe his knee is still bothering him. We could use him tomorrow because they've got a big guy."

DaJuan looked good against Montana. He didn't look like his knee was bothering him.

If Gardner starts getting comfortable again, I wouldn't mind seeing a minute or two of Coleman. Coleman plays like a 288 pound version of that dude that was locked in the trunk in the Hangover.

Derrick was just asked how to play against Gardner. He suggested that we front him and make them throw over our guys. I recall Rak saying something about that in today's presser:
http://suathletics.syr.edu/showcase/#Archive/6944

When the guy in charge of the presser said that they are going to have questions for the student athletes, JB started talking. Well, he was a student athlete once...

Then there's the guy who asked Rak what it like for James to miss those 6 games with James sitting on the same podium. :crazy:

I don't see Coleman playing unless rak or baye get hurt or are in foul trouble. Dc just doesn't protect the rim like those two. We are essentially playing 4 on 5 on offense no matter who our center is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom