Class of 2021 - DE Chase Simmons (SC) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (2/3/2021) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 DE Chase Simmons (SC) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (2/3/2021)

This has been very quiet... Simmons is signing tomorrow, any predictions? South Carolina?

I think he looks as good if not better than Nelson. And couple that with Nelson's injury, if we can land this kid I think he's an upgrade to the class.
I agree. Nelson’s tape was just ok. Huge upgrade here

Chase, welcome to the Syracuse Football family!
GoOrangefootballTINNI0QQNhAM.gif

Not sure why but I have a good feeling about Chase. Just seems like a kid that will maximize his opportunity at a P5. I still think the D line is best unit in this class.
I believe Allen Trieu wrote a piece a while back stating Syracuse was putting together a quietly nice dline class. Forgot where I saw that though. Allen is one of the better guys out there reporting on recruiting.

Not sure why but I have a good feeling about Chase. Just seems like a kid that will maximize his opportunity at a P5. I still think the D line is best unit in this class.
Size imo. Has the size we need to be successful in this D on the line. Now has an extra year to focus on speed and some lean muscle growth with Black/KJ back.