Class of 2021 - DE Chase Simmons (SC) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (2/3/2021) | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 DE Chase Simmons (SC) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (2/3/2021)

Really like this pick up. Bit concerned if we got in on him with some knowledge that Moss might not make it though. Similar measurements and would love to have both

Is it true that he was a state champion wrestler?

If so, he's an even more interesting late "add."
Chase finished second in states as a sophomore wrestling at 170. I know he was ranked as the best wrestler in the state at some point during his junior season. One of the reasons he added weight so quickly for his senior year of football was because he dropped a lot of weight so he could wrestle (I believe at 184).

I believe Allen Trieu wrote a piece a while back stating Syracuse was putting together a quietly nice dline class. Forgot where I saw that though. Allen is one of the better guys out there reporting on recruiting.

Yes, he’s always been a pretty solid recruiting analyst.

2 years ago, I went to one of his home games. I wanted to go to a high school football game down south. Impressive home atmosphere and impressive game, both teams were undefeated.

He uses his hands really well for the HS level, something some college level players don’t do well even after a few years. Makes sense with his wrestling background but just because they wrestle(d) doesn’t mean they’ll use their hands effectively when playing on the line.

He uses his hands really well for the HS level, something some college level players don’t do well even after a few years. Makes sense with his wrestling background but just because they wrestle(d) doesn’t mean they’ll use their hands effectively when playing on the line.
No it doesn’t but more times than no they do. Love how low he comes out.

No it doesn’t but more times than no they do. Love how low he comes out.
Not sure I’d agree, that more often than not that is always true. Using your hands and using them in an effective way in HS, you don’t see that out of a lot of recruits.

Regardless my point was, he has a skill that even college seniors don’t always do as instinctually.