Class of 2021 - DE Chase Simmons (SC) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (2/3/2021) | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 DE Chase Simmons (SC) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (2/3/2021)

Not sure I’d agree, that more often than not that is always true. Using your hands and using them in an effective way in HS, you don’t see that out of a lot of recruits.

Regardless my point was, he has a skill that even college seniors don’t always do as instinctually.
Oh my bad thought u said wrestlers dont use hands well often. I wrestled and it was easier to look for ball while tied up with someone cause I wrestled. Hard to teach without the feel.

I don’t often comment on recruiting threads but Simmons looks like he has the attitude to be a great player. This is someone who will make an impact here. Hopefully as much as some of the players he impacted in those highlights.

Oh my bad thought u said wrestlers dont use hands well often. I wrestled and it was easier to look for ball while tied up with someone cause I wrestled. Hard to teach without the feel.
No, you’re absolutely right. My original intent was to say that even though wrestlers use their hands a lot, it doesn’t always transfer over to using their hands effectively in football. So I was just pointing out that his wrestling background prob made a difference in how he uses his hands effectively in football but that’s not always a given. Hopefully that makes sense.

No, you’re absolutely right. My original intent was to say that even though wrestlers use their hands a lot, it doesn’t always transfer over to using their hands effectively in football. So I was just pointing out that his wrestling background prob made a difference in how he uses his hands effectively in football but that’s not always a given. Hopefully that makes sense.
This has been Syracuse's key to success at DT for many years. Get big kids who wrestled. If he bulks up to DT weight, he could be something special based on what everyone else is saying

Completely

Defensive POY and only an 81.33 Composite - whatever that means.
Anyway, I'm glad we "Chased" and caught Simmons.
See what I did there?
If he would have committed to an sec school they would have ranked him an 88 or higher. Star system is a joke.

I wonder what the talent disparity is like in AAAA vs AAAAA. Anyone in the know?

a big guy? Yup sign me up. The game is dictated by the trenches and dino knows where we have been weak the last two years.