Class of 2014 - DE Chris Slayton (IL) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 DE Chris Slayton (IL) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Raymon, Crume, Wayne Williams inside and Johnson, Thompson, Slayton outside. Gone are the days of having 1 great Dlineman and some space fillers.
Let's hope Raymon can actually play again first... And don't forget about Donnie Simmons. Kid would have started this year if he didn't get hurt.

Let's hope Raymon can actually play again first... And don't forget about Donnie Simmons. Kid would have started this year if he didn't get hurt.
Is Welsh graduating or does he have one more year?

The two deep at DE is back along with Simmons and Trejo.

DE should be fine next year. DT is more worrisome. Although some of the DEs (Zeke, Sugar Bear) may grow into D tackles.

RICuse44 said:
DE should be fine next year. DT is more worrisome. Although some of the DEs (Zeke, Sugar Bear) may grow into D tackles.

I think Zeke has future pro potential at DE.. He is the last person I would like to see moved. It's going to be interesting to see who starts with Simmons back healthy and a more seasoned Zeke... Welsh and Robinson are going to have problems holding them off. Good problem to have . Personally I would like to see Thompson moved inside.

Agree with Zeke at DE. I was thinking more size and need. Regardless really nice problem to have at DE. Maybe he slides inside on okie similar to how Tuck is used by the Giants.

Thompson, Johnson stay outside they both have great potential out there, move the other people.

I think Micah Robinson gains some lbs and goes to DT. Are we getting Donnie Simmons back next year as well or has that ship sailed?

I think Micah Robinson gains some lbs and goes to DT. Are we getting Donnie Simmons back next year as well or has that ship sailed?

Simmons will be back as a rsJR I believe. He may be able to get another year on top of that

Yes sir, rsJR, but if he applies will get a hardship waiver most likely I believe.

JayhawkSlant ‏@JayhawkSlant 2h
#KU commit Kyron Watson said he and Jacob Bragg put the sales pitch on Chris Slayton

Interesting development re: Kyron Watson on Skout.

tep624 said:
Interesting development re: Kyron Watson on Skout.

"Look, Chris. Why would you go to Syracuse - a program on rise? When you could go to a program that's talked about being on the rise it's entire existence?"

"Look, Chris. Why would you go to Syracuse - a program on rise? When you could go to a program that's talked about being on the rise it's entire existence?"

This has to do with Kyron Watson and Syracuse, not Chris Slayton and Syracuse :)

Gonna have ti wait til signing day for full evaluation of this class but man ih man are they workin it. Watson on the radar still. Who woulda known? Staff is puttin in every effort to build talent. Cant help but to be excited about this programs future.

Gonna have ti wait til signing day for full evaluation of this class but man ih man are they workin it. Watson on the radar still. Who woulda known? Staff is puttin in every effort to build talent. Cant help but to be excited about this programs future.

They really are. They are mining the Illinois connections hard from how it looks.

Quality IL prospects are popping up out of the woodwork, hope we keep the momentum going.

This post has a dual purpose. First and foremost I needed to get off of 666 posts and second I thought I would add a video of Kyron Watson. This kid looks like a beast at LB. This would be a huge flip if it happens.

This post has a dual purpose. First and foremost I needed to get off of 666 posts and second I thought I would add a video of Kyron Watson. This kid looks like a beast at LB. This would be a huge flip if it happens.

And here I thought I was the only one with that quirk.;)

Also he is playing in the Semper Fidelis Bowl on the East team.

We had a couple of Vandy guys from Illinois (Brosnan, Wilbon) that we were very interested in-Hope we're getting in contact so we're ready when James Franklin leaves

We had a couple of Vandy guys from Illinois (Brosnan, Wilbon) that we were very interested in-Hope we're getting in contact so we're ready when James Franklin leaves

Yep and developments like these are the reason why you can't judge a recruiting class in June or July.

How we finish, how other teams finish, coaching changes, those factors can have a huge impact.

I doubt all the people clamoring over Rutgers class 6 months ago would want to switch with them now. We've got a ton of momentum and they're struggling to keep it together.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom