Class of 2016 - DE Gabe Sherrod (MD) Decommits from Syracuse Commits to Michigan St. | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 DE Gabe Sherrod (MD) Decommits from Syracuse Commits to Michigan St.

as of now,based on his comments, i am not a fan. i am betting that dino straightens him out or sherrod will have a nice day. i may be all wrong but i never like a person who is full of themselves---but maybe he is just young

as of now,based on his comments, i am not a fan. i am betting that dino straightens him out or sherrod will have a nice day. i may be all wrong but i never like a person who is full of themselves---but maybe he is just young

Which comments are you basing your opinion off of? I read that article and watched the video and didn't get that feeling at all.

tipphill said:

Dear lord.

Are you talking about his comments in the syracuse.com article and that video? If so, which ones come across as full of himself? Because I'm at a total loss.

Which comments are you basing your opinion off of? I read that article and watched the video and didn't get that feeling at all.
syracuse.com----a big time school---well i wonder what he thinks we are then???

No offense...but I feel like the only people that look at Syracuse as a big time school (football-wise), are us fans. When is the last time we played at a big time level?

No offense...but I feel like the only people that look at Syracuse as a big time school (football-wise), are us fans. When is the last time we played at a big time level?
maybe i am to sensitive. but i feel his comments are in the vein of you are lucky to have me. i see the comment as not so much "big time school" but more of i am doing u a favor by coming here---get over yourself. you are grad student who had a career at delaware state for gods sake. lets really see what he has other than bravado. you are correct though about us being the only ones who see su as big time

He'll start, I'd imagine anyway. And I'm hoping they'll have him as more of a SDE so he can attack more frequently. Using his athleticism and pass rushing ability he could be a force coming off the edge or through the C.

But, I'm not sure if they'd rather have him as more of a WDE due to his maturity and strength. He'll do a ton of work that goes largely unnoticed because of his responsibilities. Which would be more of a containment type role. I'd think you'd want the more experienced guy in this role, but, he may have been brought in strictly because he can create havoc and attack a gap.

No offense...but I feel like the only people that look at Syracuse as a big time school (football-wise), are (some of the delusional) fans. When is the last time we played at a big time level?

Fixed

would you consider BC or, Colorado a big time school then?

maybe i am to sensitive. but i feel his comments are in the vein of you are lucky to have me. i see the comment as not so much "big time school" but more of i am doing u a favor by coming here---get over yourself. you are grad student who had a career at delaware state for gods sake. lets really see what he has other than bravado. you are correct though about us being the only ones who see su as big time

I read it more as he was likely regurgitating the things that the staff said to him during his recruitment.

I think we are lucky to have him, and he is doing us a favor coming here.:noidea:

I mean, we have one returning scholarship defensive end. And he hasn't even seen the field yet.

wait what? Did I read a different article or watch a different video than you? What did I miss?

Syracuse is not a big time football school. End of story, we aren't even in the top 40

oldpinepoint said:
Syracuse is not a big time football school. End of story, we aren't even in the top 40

That's debatable.

When I was a young Manager for a National organization I sent an email to a former employee about how a colleague needed more staff to help her. IT read the email and took to HR where I had to answer questions. My innocent email of support for a friend was turned into me "saying HR doesn't know how to do their job". What is said and how it is interpreted can lead to many "miscommunications".

I would give him the benefit of the doubt.

GoCuse14 said:
not really, what's the debate?

Currently or all time?
NFL HoF?
Brand/Marketing appeal?
TV numbers?
Revenue?
Heisman winners?
National Championships?

Obviously if you look at current (last 4-5 years) we're outside of the top 40. But if you were buying stock and included all of the info, numbers, history, conference, location - wouldn't you take Syracuse over Northwestern, Rutgers, Iowa State, Minnesota, etc?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom