Class of 2016 - DE Gabe Sherrod (MD) Decommits from Syracuse Commits to Michigan St. | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 DE Gabe Sherrod (MD) Decommits from Syracuse Commits to Michigan St.

wouldn't this kind of be a dirty move by msu to try and poach him this late in the game or am I off with that line of thinking?

wouldn't this kind of be a dirty move by msu to try and poach him this late in the game or am I off with that line of thinking?

Recruiting is a dirty business, and I'm sure that the MSU coaches don't remotely give a crap about Syracuse or any other team. If they can land better players, that's what they'll try to do and screw everybody else. Nature of recruiting.

I would have thought he would have signed a letter on intent being 2016 recruit?

Who's this Kevin Williams he is traveling with? GB just got done saying that he was glad he chose SU and couldn't wait to get up here in May. I think he has to much time on his hands and now questioning the what ifs.

LOL WHAT!? No way... Go to an ACC school that you are LOCK to start or try and walk on to a team where you'll be a back up? Sherrod didn't sign any letter of intent? It seems awfully late in the process...
He is a graduate transfer and he only graduated this past weekend.

And all I am doing is posting a twitter exchange.

Lot of panic here based on a tweet... Let's see what actually happens.

This would be a devastating loss. I don't really get it at all with Gabe all but guaranteed a starting spot here - even though I realize nothing is a guarantee. I didn't add any new insight to the discussion but I'm just flabbergasted.

I am sure the coaches are aware of whats going on here and will address it somewhat.

some Detroit Free Press insight on where MSU is coming from as of 4/18/2016:

"Michigan State sophomore defensive linemen Craig Evans and Montez Sweat have left the Spartans’ football team “for personal reasons,” the school said in a news release Monday night.

MSU gave no further details.

Evans, a 6-foot-2, 307-pound defensive tackle from Sun Prairie, Wisconsin, played in all 14 games for the Spartans last season and made 21 tackles, including 13 in MSU’s final six games. He had 3.5 stops for a loss and a sack. MSU coach Mark Dantonio said in July that Evans had been suspended for the Spartans' spring practices in 2015.

Sweat, a 6-6, 230-pound defensive end from Stone Mountain, Georgia, was suspended from the team in September for unspecified reasons. Dantonio said last Tuesday that Sweat remained “in limbo.”

Sweat was listed as a second-string defensive end on MSU’s spring depth chart, while Evans was third-string at tackle"

Question though did he still visit MSU?
If he did it was for their Spring Game and besides he and the MSU recruiting coach following each other I don't know.

The kid has one year to play. Last time I checked MSU had the best defense in the country north of Tuscaloosa. He will start for us from day 1, not worried about this at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom