Class of 2022 - DE Jimmy Scott (NY) Verbal to Pitt | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 DE Jimmy Scott (NY) Verbal to Pitt

My prediction is he will be a Scarlet Knight. Shady will beat out Dino for Metro NY recruits who don’t go to PSU, ND, Michigan or Ohio State.

Just looking for an update. Are you hearing anything? Are we still in the thick of things with this young man? With those listed summer visits, I'd have to say we should still be in it if we can consider those peer schools despite our recent performance.
I honestly dont know whats going on there. Things are quiet. I wish I could give you something.

My prediction is he will be a Scarlet Knight. Shady will beat out Dino for Metro NY recruits who don’t go to PSU, ND, Michigan or Ohio State.
Maybe but this kid is from Erie county

Western NY is more of a pro atmosphere (Bills/Sabres) and even Rochester for the America, etc. SU is not a big deal in the region.
We may claim to be NY’s college FB team, but really only the I-81 corridor.

Don’t like it but if we’re being honest, PITT has been churning out DL since Narduzzi got there

Very disappointing. Wow, the staff has really struggled recruiting the greater Buffalo area.

Pitt has been a mediocre program for a long time. They have no fan base and are going nowhere.

But the one thing they have done well in recent years is produce quality DL. I can understand where Scott might think they can also develop him into an NFL DL down the road. Don't agree with his decision but I guess I can understand it.

Captain Obvious chiming in here, but we really need to beat Pitt, BC and Rutgers and at least one of the N.C./Va teams on our schedule (along with Ohio, Albany and a tough Liberty team) to really shore up the recruiting front. We need to beat the teams we are "supposed" to beat, and start leveling the playing field (literally and metaphorically) with our geographical recruiting rivals. I put N.C./Va in there because we need to maintain the appearance of a reasonable alternative when looking at school options for all the kids in the VA, NC, MD area.
Yes, that's seven wins, and I think we'd all sign up for that (hence "Captain Obvious"), but I'm sick of playing bridesmaid to Pitt, BC and Rutgers for too many good recruits. We won't get them all, yes, but I want to start getting a few more of them.

He said in an interview after he de-committed from Tennessee that he was only considering the schools that stayed on him after he was committed. I’m guessing Dino stopped pursuing him then

Does not seem like this kid ever had real interest in su. Sucks because he is a ny player but we have been bring in some decent dl the last and this cycle.

I agree but we have to start being consistently better than them on the field.
Hopefully that consistency begins THIS year. I would rather beat those three and lose to Clemson and FSU than the other way around. That might not be popular, but it would show progression of our program. At least as a start, anyway...

Hopefully that consistency begins THIS year. I would rather beat those three and lose to Clemson and FSU than the other way around. That might not be popular, but it would show progression of our program. At least as a start, anyway...
Nope I feel the same. Wins against regional teams you have history with is big to me.

I agree but we have to start being consistently better than them on the field.
Not snarking on you, but I hate this mindset in recruits. Wait for someone else to do the hard work then jump on the gravy train. They’re not alphas.

Not snarking on you, but I hate this mindset in recruits. Wait for someone else to do the hard work then jump on the gravy train. They’re not alphas.
Weird take.

Pitt is also about to land WR Addison Copeland out of Buffalo