Class of 2022 - DE Jimmy Scott (NY) Verbal to Pitt | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 DE Jimmy Scott (NY) Verbal to Pitt

Really sucks. Bad, bad recruiting loss. As much as I don't like him I think Narduzzi is a solid overall coach for a program. Maybe not a great mind for the game but he knows the defensive side of the ball well and has consistently produced NFL talent on that side of the ball since he took over.

Really sucks. Bad, bad recruiting loss. As much as I don't like him I think Narduzzi is a solid overall coach for a program. Maybe not a great mind for the game but he knows the defensive side of the ball well and has consistently produced NFL talent on that side of the ball since he took over.
Narduzzi is a higher ceiling Dazzler.

So Pitt got two players rutgers wanted bad. lol. As far as SU I dont have an answer for you guys. Not sure why Scott and Copeland werent pursued. Not sure if the interest with Jimmy and SU was mutual or one sided. Maybe SU didnt go after him as hard as others so he eliminated them. Maybe SU liked their other DL targets more.

Not much different. They have had a little more success but I think have also played easier schedules.

I think our fan base is better.

This is a big year. Need to have a winning season and start changing things in Eastern football.
Agreed. And we have to have multiple winning seasons in a row.

Embarrassing tweet. How in god’s name does Syracuse football have zero presence in Western NY
Ask the prospects in western NY. You can lead a horse to water.

Ask the prospects in western NY. You can lead a horse to water.
Do I get a commission from the program? They were granted use of a private jet but can’t even pull talent from i90 west

Do I get a commission from the program? They were granted use of a private jet but can’t even pull talent from i90 west

That talent has to want to be pulled.

Seems like many NY kids just aren’t interested in Syracuse, and with our track record during their sentient lifetimes, who can blame them?

Other than 2018, we’ve been meh or worse for the entirety of their lives.

If we don’t win six games I believe we get a knew coach with deep su Ties. Just a guess though.

That talent has to want to be pulled.

Seems like many NY kids just aren’t interested in Syracuse, and with our track record during their sentient lifetimes, who can blame them?

Other than 2018, we’ve been meh or worse for the entirety of their lives.
We really haven't recruited very much in WNY since Mac left.

I love these kinds of threads where some people have 0 perspective. Pitt has won 6+ games 18 times since 2000 and we have 8 times but for some reason people think we are equal to them. We're not and it's not particularly close. Pitt is what we should strive to be. A constant 5-8 win team that in some years with the right mix can grab another win or 2.

You can’t take a plane on a highway

I love these kinds of threads where some people have 0 perspective. Pitt has won 6+ games 18 times since 2000 and we have 8 times but for some reason people think we are equal to them. We're not and it's not particularly close. Pitt is what we should strive to be. A constant 5-8 win team that in some years with the right mix can grab another win or 2.
At no point did I say we’ve been as good a team as Pitt during the last 20 years. I am just saying it’s embarrassing and negligent how little we’re able to pull from WNY. Thats a corridor within 3 hours of the dome.

At no point did I say we’ve been as good a team as Pitt during the last 20 years. I am just saying it’s embarrassing and negligent how little we’re able to pull from WNY. Thats a corridor within 3 hours of the dome.
Wasn't referring to you but you must've felt guilty! I obviously grew up a huge Cuse fan in Buffalo but it really wasn't a prevalent thing even growing up while we were consistently good. Imagine Cuse football is barely on anyones radar there now.

Wasn't referring to you but you must've felt guilty! I obviously grew up a huge Cuse fan in Buffalo but it really wasn't a prevalent thing even growing up while we were consistently good. Imagine Cuse football is barely on anyones radar there now.
I did, I did.

With the resources we already use in the midwest, IL/MN/Michigan/Indiana, why does it seem like nothing’s used in WNY is my question? WNY, namely Buffalo, puts out D1 talent annually. It’s hard to believe that in-state (3 hours away) cuse has no shot against Pitt with these kids. It used to be PSU and ND, which was understandable.

I did, I did.

With the resources we already use in the midwest, IL/MN/Michigan/Indiana, why does it seem like nothing’s used in WNY is my question? WNY, namely Buffalo, puts out D1 talent annually. It’s hard to believe that in-state (3 hours away) cuse has no shot against Pitt with these kids. It used to be PSU and ND, which was understandable.
Juice ain't worth the squeeze I imagine. Too little time to devote resources to an area that produces usually 1 kid per class that is P5 worthy. It's surely annoying to us but just one of those things where you say it is what it is.

Obviously Tom Coughlin and bringing back 44 is the only answer
Hire Jim Brown as head coach, then bring in Tom Coughlin as his DC and Art Monk as the OC. Joe Morris as RB coach, Doug Marrone to coach O-line...you get the idea. Who wouldn’t want to play for the goat?

Outside of re-hiring Doug Marrone who would it be? How does having deep SU ties help us? Just limits the hiring pool which is silly to do.
Steve Gregory? It's a bad idea on the bball side where there are at least possibilities. It's a completely nonsensical idea on the football side.

I've lived in Buffalo for over 18 years. People in Western New York barely know what Syracuse athletics is. It's absolutely head scratching. What's really a slap to the face is how many people in Syracuse cheer for the Bills, but Buffalonians barely pay attention to Syracuse, unless they have a kid on a sports travel team and have to go down the thruway every now and then.

Pittsburgh is absolutely more on their minds than Syracuse ...and Notre Dame football and the Yankees

Buffalo fans cheer for Bills, Sabres, and UB in that order

I've lived in Buffalo for over 18 years. People in Western New York barely know what Syracuse athletics is. It's absolutely head scratching. What's really a slap to the face is how many people in Syracuse cheer for the Bills, but Buffalonians barely pay attention to Syracuse, unless they have a kid on a sports travel team and have to go down the thruway every now and then.

Pittsburgh is absolutely more on their minds than Syracuse ...and Notre Dame football and the Yankees

Buffalo fans cheer for Bills, Sabres, and UB in that order
To echo past pleas from bnoro…

billboards!! More billboards!

;)