DE John Raymon | Syracusefan.com

DE John Raymon

6'5" 240 lbs - 3 star on Scout class of 2011

this must be the UCLA linebacker transferring to Syracuse ;)

If someone finds that original post, the LB transfer was different. There was mention of adding a DL before camp started as well as a LB transfer...IIRC

Finney said that Raymon’s wing span is 6-10 or 6-11 and he has a 36-inch vertical leap.
“He’s also very, very strong,” Finney said.

Sounds like he might have 4 years of eligibility too since he was out with injury last season.

Finney said that Raymon’s wing span is 6-10 or 6-11 and he has a 36-inch vertical leap.
“He’s also very, very strong,” Finney said.

Scouting report from 2011 also lists him with a 4.7 40.

UCLA...IOWA...four letters...ends with an "A". Almost the same thing.

No shortage of DE's... wonder if they will work him in at the Mike at all?

My pick for the MIKE would be Simmons or Washington. I always thought that Simmons would be outstanding there with his speed and size.couchburn

We currently have 0 established DE starters. We have an All-BE performer in Spruill, and a solid backup in Diabate. He will be playing DE here.
My pick for the MIKE would be Simmons or Washington. I always thought that Simmons would be outstanding there with his speed and size.couchburn
Simmons will never play MLB. Neither will Washington.

I think we have a huge shortage of defensive ends. We only dressed one or two in the spring and there are only 3 total on the roster now (Sharpe/Robinson/Simmons) - and Simmons is still very light.

2 freshman (Manley/Hillard) and a Juco (Brewster) enter in August.

Now adding the transfer (Raymon) who will have to sit out and hopefully Ogundeko for next year.

2 will graduate(Sharpe/Brewster) before OE gets on campus.

Raymon sitting out a year is not 100%. He filed a waiver with the NCAA and is waiting the result of that.
What could possibly be the premise of the waiver? Unless there is a family member that he needs to take care of? Article on Scout said that he didn't get along with one of the new coaches at Iowa. I'd imagine the NCAA would say "tough $#!^" to that.

Sweet.

Consensus 3 star recruit out of PA from Rivals, Scout and ESPN for the star gazers.

Offers from Iowa, Illinois, Purdue, Maryland, NC St., WVU, Temple for the offer gazers.

Big man with a 4.7 40. I like it.

What could possibly be the premise of the waiver? Unless there is a family member that he needs to take care of? Article on Scout said that he didn't get along with one of the new coaches at Iowa. I'd imagine the NCAA would say "tough $#!^" to that.
He recently had a child and moved so he could be closer to where that child lives. That's part of the reason he left as well as the coach thing. He was also injured last season.

I think we have a huge shortage of defensive ends. We only dressed one or two in the spring and there are only 3 total on the roster now (Sharpe/Robinson/Simmons) - and Simmons is still very light.

2 freshman (Manley/Hillard) and a Juco (Brewster) enter in August.

Now adding the transfer (Raymon) who will have to sit out and hopefully Ogundeko for next year.

2 will graduate(Sharpe/Brewster) before OE gets on campus.

Do you think this takes us out of the John Stepec sweepstakes? He is another DE I want. I hope its not an either/or with him and Ogundeko. Both would be fantastic!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom