Class of 2021 - DE Kechaun Bennett (CT) Offered | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 DE Kechaun Bennett (CT) Offered

The staff NEEDS to bring back alumni recruit introductions on national signing day.

Imagine being a highschool defensive end, there with your family, with Chandler and Arthur Jones welcoming you to the Cuse family?

Truly the sense, and reality, of joining something bigger than yourself. Stepping into a shot at greatness.

according to him syracuse cant recruit well
No...He said we haven't recruited well, he's made no comments on future commitments like Bennett. Past tense not future tense.
We're all happy when top player commits. Right now he hasn't yet. But we're all hoping...
Then after one we'll need more.

Id be worried about HC job security at Michigan
Absurd thought. Dino would have to go 24 and -8 this year to match Harbaugh's record through 5 years. If Harbaugh were to no longer be the coach at Michigan it would be because he doesn't want to be.

Absurd thought. Dino would have to go 24 and -8 this year to match Harbaugh's record through 5 years. If Harbaugh were to no longer be the coach at Michigan it would be because he doesn't want to be.

If he gets waxed by Ohio St again, I am not so sure. ( anticipating a cyber spanking because we aren't talking about Bennett).

Has nothing to do with Dino or Syracuse with regard to Harbaugh and Michigan

I think you're wrong. Granted it's anecdotal, but I just happen to have some UM alumni in the family, and I know that they and their Michigan buddies want Harbaugh gone. Which is what happens when you're not competitive with OSU.

No...He said we haven't recruited well, he's made no comments on future commitments like Bennett. Past tense not future tense.
We're all happy when top player commits. Right now he hasn't yet. But we're all hoping...
Then after one we'll need more.

Found General Joe's burner...

If he gets waxed by Ohio St again, I am not so sure. ( anticipating a cyber spanking because we aren't talking about Bennett).

Has nothing to do with Dino or Syracuse with regard to Harbaugh and Michigan
That's only for the twitter morons that forget what the decade before Harbaugh was like. My family is part Michigan, part Syracuse so I follow them pretty closely as well.

I’m not falling for this again...I’m not falling for this again...I’m not falling for this again...
Edit...

I’m not falling for this again...I’m not falling for this again...I’m not falling for this again...F' IT...I AM ALL IN AND BETTING THE HOUSE ON IT!

I think you're wrong. Granted it's anecdotal, but I just happen to have some UM alumni in the family, and I know that they and their Michigan buddies want Harbaugh gone. Which is what happens when you're not competitive with OSU.
Honestly, those people are pretty dumb and I just don't get it. In 5 years he's won 10 games 3 times and WORST season was 8-5 with a loss in the Outback bowl. The prior 7 years after Carr left they won 10 games once and the 2nd BEST season of that run was a 8-5 year with an Outback bowl loss.

Some people feel entitled to something because it was the way things were a LONG time ago. The issue is if you were to let Harbaugh go, can you guarantee a better coach is following? What is that probability, would think it couldn't be higher than a 25% chance at best to improve at the head coach spot over him. He's famous, he's successful, he played in the league, he coached and won big in the league. I think that's a pretty easy question to answer for the AD.

Last edited:
Honestly, those people are pretty dumb and I just don't get it. In 5 years he's won 10 games 3 times and WORST season was 8-5 with a loss in the Outback bowl. The prior 7 years after Carr left they won 10 games once and the 2nd BEST season of that run was a 8-5 year with an Outback bowl loss.

Some people feel entitled to something because it was the way things were a LONG time ago. The issue is if you were to let Harbaugh go, can you guarantee a better coach is following? What is that probability, would think it couldn't be higher than a 25% chance at best to improve at the head coach spot over him. He's famous, he's successful, he played in the league, he coached and won big in the league. I think that's a pretty easy question to answer for the AD.

I thought the same thing about Georgia a few years ago. Then they fired Richt anyways.

For Michigan, getting back to respectability was incredibly important, and exactly what Harbaugh did. Now that they are respectable again they are watching Ohio State go through a nearly umprecedented era of success and dominance. They expect to take the throne from the Buckeyes, and in doing so go on to win titles. Rightly, or wrongly, that's the mindset. If Harbaugh fails to take down the evil empire yet again, I think they will strongly consider moving on because they want to get over the hump. The next guy may or may not be better than Harbaugh, but if Harbaugh has proven he can't beat Ohio State, at least the next guy hasn't proven he can't beat them.

I think they would be nuts to move on from him. But I think they would consider it. Even if they don't, pressure is going to be ramping up big time, and I could see Harbaugh deciding to jump back into the NFL next year anyways.

Not so fast. The alum and big pockets at Michigan aren’t so happy with the donut Jim’s put up vs OSU, and the lack of BCS playoff berths. There’s a difference in coaching expectations, whether realistic or not.

You’re not wrong but who’s to say Michigan’s expectations are reasonable? You begin to wonder if beating OSU is more important than a conference title itself.

Does everyone have to stick to the party line not to get abused?

No but constant doom and gloom and I told you I they were only going to win 5 games doesn't really go very far and gets old really quick and disguised as " I am keeping it real as well". Most people have been here a long time and sure agreed to disagree on several occasions but I think for the most part we all like to keep a positive vibe and hoping that we can build back the program with Dino aboard. Playing musical chairs with head coaches hasn't gone very well. Hey if people want to be negative most times than so be it but it gets old quickly when you are around rabid fans that try to keep things upbeat and positive for the most part especially when it comes to recruiting and the future as well as a coach that people for the most part really like and think can turn this around. But rest assured if Dino wins 5 games this year the good general can pound his chest and tell us I told you so!!! I want to party with you cowboy!

That's it I am back to Bennett and done with this. ( I apologize in advance)

Last edited:
I thought the same thing about Georgia a few years ago. Then they fired Richt anyways.

For Michigan, getting back to respectability was incredibly important, and exactly what Harbaugh did. Now that they are respectable again they are watching Ohio State go through a nearly umprecedented era of success and dominance. They expect to take the throne from the Buckeyes, and in doing so go on to win titles. Rightly, or wrongly, that's the mindset. If Harbaugh fails to take down the evil empire yet again, I think they will strongly consider moving on because they want to get over the hump. The next guy may or may not be better than Harbaugh, but if Harbaugh has proven he can't beat Ohio State, at least the next guy hasn't proven he can't beat them.

I think they would be nuts to move on from him. But I think they would consider it. Even if they don't, pressure is going to be ramping up big time, and I could see Harbaugh deciding to jump back into the NFL next year anyways.
Richt was at Georgia for 15 years without winning anything and wasn't an Alum. Things got pretty stale. It is a decent comparison though.

Can't see any way that Harbaugh is leaving soon. As long as he has JJ McCarthy locked up, I can't imagine he's leaving. Can't win without a QB and that kid might be the one.

Two different animals. At Michigan, you cannot continually lose to Ohio State and expect to be around. Comparing W/L records isn’t relative.

Edit...

I’m not falling for this again...I’m not falling for this again...I’m not falling for this again...F' IT...I AM ALL IN AND BETTING THE HOUSE ON IT!
Haha! Yes!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom