Dear Jim Boeheim ... a word with you, please? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Dear Jim Boeheim ... a word with you, please?

This sounds like a great plan. Get drunk and run around Greenboro once, then we're back to Manhattan!

Now that would be the ACC torney in Greensboro not to miss! lol

Fun facts about Greensboro:

It has 2 Delta Sonics.
It is the national headquarters for Greensboro County Bank.
It is one of the nation's leading manufacturers of shoe buckles.
More people use chewing tobacco in Greensboro than anywhere in the world.
Greensboro nearly missed out on being the capital of North Carolina, finishing in 14th place in a historic vote taken by the NC State House in 1794.

heehaw099-x365.jpg

hee%20haw.jpg

Yee-ha!

"Oh where, oh where...are you tonite- why did you leave me here all alone? I searched the world over & I thought I found true love. But you met another & PFFFFT, you were gone"!

Aaaaah, those long ago Hee Haw memories! :p

All you've got to hear is those southern waitresses say with a transparent insincerity "And what would you like honeychile?".. ..to know that the south is as phony as a politician's promise.

I'll take the north any day where people tell you right to your face what they think of you...at least it is what it is.

Dear Susan,

The only thing I ask from you is to make sure you towel off our OrangeOnions after we win your ACC tournament.

And of course not to be rude.
Love and bless your heart,

OrangeOnions.

Couldn't agree with you more bevo.They really are 2 faced phonies down there.At least here in Syracuse we can be nice and still tell ya what we really think of ya to ur face. And i still hate those thar southern accents.Give me a British or Australian accent any day.

All you've got to hear is those southern waitresses say with a transparent insincerity "And what would you like honeychile?".. ..to know that the south is as phony as a politician's promise.

I'll take the north any day where people tell you right to your face what they think of you...at least it is what it is.

Not for nothing, but I recently transplanted from NYC to Charlotte, NC- and in all honesty, the South gets a bad rap.
The weather, pace, & people have been nothing but gracious & welcoming since I've been here.
I've had to deal with my own prejudices & biases, most of which have been way off-base. I love it here, & maybe my biggest
regret is not having moved here sooner!

Well, I guess it's decided then, Hard to beat honeysuckle, magnolias, good soil and such.. The ACC tourney will stay permanently in Greensboro.
Nothing is permanent. Change is the constant in life. I don't think MSG is going to flat out vanish from the picture Look for $ to have a big voice as it always does. Big games in NYC command big $; Big $ always gets heard!!

Not for nothing, but I recently transplanted from NYC to Charlotte, NC- and in all honesty, the South gets a bad rap.
The weather, pace, & people have been nothing but gracious & welcoming since I've been here.
I've had to deal with my own prejudices & biases, most of which have been way off-base. I love it here, & maybe my biggest
regret is not having moved here sooner!
I always wanted to retire in CA but I didn't plan on doing it at the time I was kind of forced to move. But I do love testate and what it has to offer. Weather people andfamily are big time. the industry that my oldest is involved with is kind of exciting if not volatile.:confused:

I always wanted to retire in CA but I didn't plan on doing it at the time I was kind of forced to move. But I do love testate and what it has to offer. Weather people andfamily are big time. the industry that my oldest is involved with is kind of exciting if not volatile.:confused:

I hear ya, Cali.
Pretty much my situation was kinda "forced" as well; family health issues. But its a move that came at the right time, & to the right place. Now all my buddies in NYC are talking about road trips down here to see some games.
Perfect timing...thanks, ACC!!;)

OMG, let the rivalries begin! We "hate" the south and can't stand it when people say 'Y'all?" Hey, it's a friendly greeting! I once visited Greensboro in April and thought I had wandered into paradise by mistake. Or was having an acid flashback! When I lived in Durham back in the day I was surprised by how defensive people still felt about Yankees, and from this board I can see it's vice versa. This will be <throat clearing> interesting. I have had many NC friends ask me if I will retire to North Carolina and I have to give them a regretful but firm NO. You see, I have season tickets...

I thought the writer was giving Syracuse great publicity. But her points, admittedly, were a little silly.

The author (and most people) are missing the entire point of what JB was saying. No one is saying that NYC is a better place to live than Greensboro - both have their pros and cons...he's simply saying that if you had to choose a place to spend 5 days of your hard earned vacation time (to wrap around a basketball tournament), what sounds more exciting Greensboro or NYC?

I notice the author didn't offer a list of "fun things to do" compared to NYC. If my travel agent books me for an "afternoon of smelling flowers and running my hand through rich soil", I'm gonna be a bit pissed. It was all quality of life as a resident.

Ignorant retort by someone who didn't understand JB's point. I would hope a learned journalist would recognize the difference. Obviously not a Newhouse grad.

These people are a joke.Just makes me hate everything south of Pennsylvania even more.Some of the rudest people i ever met are from the south.Just because THEY say they have the best bbq and are the nicest people does not make it so.GMA and the voters say Syracuse NY has the best bbq.Half my family has moved to the south and i don't even like talk to them anymore.Every time one of them ses YA'LL i get the urge to punch them in the face to smarten them up and diss own them as family.People allways saying i should move outa the Cuse and head south.I say WHY? And hell the NO never in a million years.They can keep the bugs and the weather and the STUPID ANNOYING accents.Seems like the south has a bunch of Pansies to go along with the Magnolias.Must be why the people from upstate NY move down there when they can't handle the cold and snow.Just glad we can weed them out and move them down there where they belong.

Hmmm. I guess the South doesn't have the proprietary rights to parochialism that I thought it did.-VBOF

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom