Death, taxes and another Duke #1 recruiting class | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Death, taxes and another Duke #1 recruiting class

“He has some athleticism and ability to change speeds, but looks extremely passive on the floor and tends to blend in completely and rarely utilizes his physical gifts, seemingly not knowing how to at the moment. He settles excessively for pull-up jumpers and seems to avoid contact around the basket. He has terrific tools on defense with his 6'10" wingspan, but does not display a high energy level and often leaves you wanting a little bit more here as well.”

DraftExpress

You left out the date that was written?

Alpharetta still hasn’t answered where Trae Young would have gone had he gone to Duke. My guess is probably recruited over.

I mean ESPN and CBS hyped Jimmer and Steph up ridiculously and they went to mid majors. It comes down to the player marketability over the school.

Alpharetta still hasn’t answered where Trae Young would have gone had he gone to Duke. My guess is probably recruited over.

I mean ESPN and CBS hyped Jimmer and Steph up ridiculously and they went to mid majors. It comes down to the player marketability over the school.

Why would I?

People know who Kentucky is. Who is Keldon Johnson? Or that white shooter that was pretty good. Can’t think of his name.

Last edited:

Oh, it sure does. Because, if I’m reading the site correctly, it was written in 2015.

Not very honest of you when we’re talking about what was expected of him this year, to post a scouting report from when he was like 14-15 years old.

Oh, it sure does. Because, if I’m reading the site correctly, it was written in 2015.

Not very honest of you when we’re talking about what was expected of him this year, to post a scouting report from when he was like 14-15 years old.

I didn’t even look at the date. Still seems like a very valid review of his game though. Bet there are others that say something similar.

I didn’t even look at the date. Still seems like a very valid review of his game though. Bet there are others that say something similar.

Maybe. But there are also ones that were calling him “near impossible to guard one on one” before the season.

His previously stated weaknesses certainly showed, but the strengths for the most part didn’t. He was basically an overly aggressive defender who shot and missed a lot and turned the ball over a lot. Basically performed like a 6’7 Louie McCroskey with longer arms, more minutes, and more shots. He didn’t have a good year.

Maybe. But there are also ones that were calling him “near impossible to guard one on one” before the season.

His previously stated weaknesses certainly showed, but the strengths for the most part didn’t. He was basically an overly aggressive defender who shot and missed a lot and turned the ball over a lot. Basically performed like a 6’7 Louie McCroskey with longer arms, more minutes, and more shots. He didn’t have a good year.

Sure he did. Good enough. Not a great year. Perhaps expectations were too high. He still may go top 5. He was never going to be “the guy” there. He played on a team with the 2 best players in college basketball. He’s a streaky shooter that didn’t always bring max effort, just like in high school. Where else would he have gone that would have made him a higher draft pick? UConn? Villanova? UCLA?

Sure he did. Good enough. Not a great year. Perhaps expectations were too high. He still may go top 5. He was never going to be “the guy” there. He played on a team with the 2 best players in college basketball. He’s a streaky shooter that didn’t always bring max effort, just like in high school. Where else would he have gone that would have made him a higher draft pick? UConn? Villanova? UCLA?

Coach K really schooled that kid on how to have long arms, and skyrocketed his NBA value.

Coach K really schooled that kid on how to have long arms, and skyrocketed his NBA value.

Right. Coach K doesn’t know anything about coaching. Lol. This kid should have gone to play for Steve Alford or that Hurley guy. :)

UCLA literally just had Aaron Holiday selected in the first round last year, Lonzo Ball selected 2nd the year before with TJ Leaf and Ike Anibogu selected in the first round , but yeah UCLA doesn’t produce first round picks and that’s why Wilkes might not get drafted lol.

Last edited:
I think there's cheating going on between the families and shoe deals but the likes of UK and Duke cheating..is probably pretty slim now. Back in the day, maybe but the school isn't handing out duffle bags of cash..maybe the sneaker companies are but the schools? Don't think so.

UK, Duke and UNC can recruit based on their name alone

It still happens at top tier programs. All you need to do is look at what's going on in football if you follow recruiting.

UCLA literally just had Aaron Holiday selected in the first round last year, Lonzo Ball selected 2nd the year before with TJ Leaf and Ike Anibogu selected in the first round , but yeah UCLA doesn’t produce first round picks and that’s why Wilkes might not get drafted lol.

Who said that? Is Reddish going higher in this draft if he went to UCLA?
Maybe he goes lower. And he’d have been on a crap team in a crap conference whose coach just got fired.

Who said that? Is Reddish going higher in this draft if he went to UCLA?
Maybe he goes lower. And he’d have been on a crap team in a crap conference whose coach just got fired.

Or he’s the focal point of that team and they make the tournament.

Or he’s the focal point of that team and they make the tournament.

or the 3rd option on a bad team in a bad conference. The kid shot 35% on a really good team. He was never going to get drafted ahead of Zion, Barrett, Ja Morant no matter where he went.

or the 3rd option on a bad team in a bad conference. The kid shot 35% on a really good team. He was never going to get drafted ahead of Zion, Barrett, Ja Morant no matter where he went.

That's like me saying Trae Young would still have been drafted 5th had he went to UK and averaged 8ppg.

That's like me saying Trae Young would still have been drafted 5th had he went to UK and averaged 8ppg.

Who knows where Trae Young would have been drafted in that scenario. Common sense tells us Reddish is not as good a player as Zion, Barrett or Morant though, so it's pretty unlikely he would have improved his draft status by going to UCLA, UConn or Villanova (where he'd have been the 3rd option as well).

Who knows where Trae Young would have been drafted in that scenario. Common sense tells us Reddish is not as good a player as Zion, Barrett or Morant though, so it's pretty unlikely he would have improved his draft status by going to UCLA, UConn or Villanova (where he'd have been the 3rd option as well).

You’re ridiculous. You would have told me common sense showed that Shae-Gilgeous Alexander was the better player.

You’re ridiculous. You would have told me common sense showed that Shae-Gilgeous Alexander was the better player.

Why? lol

Do you think Cam Reddish is more talented than Morant? Zion? Barrett? Do you even watch basketball?

Why? lol

Do you think Cam Reddish is more talented than Morant? Zion? Barrett? Do you even watch basketball?
You have done an excellent job showing among the most reasonable posters on this board who you are.
You just want to be a contrarian and pivot debate to whatever allows you just continuing pointless debate.
As I said before good job good effort.
This thread has gone off the rails great job.

You have done an excellent job showing among the most reasonable posters on this board who you are.
You just want to be a contrarian and pivot debate to whatever allows you just continuing pointless debate.
As I said before good job good effort.
This thread has gone off the rails great job.

It’s a message board dude, not high school. Relax. Like I told you a thousand times, if you don’t like my posts, ignore them. I’ll keep on posting my opinions. K?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom