Decision Time coming for acc Ad's | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Decision Time coming for acc Ad's

allow local channels to pick up the dang Acc Network games and get the FU*K off my lawn.

Yikes man. Get the grandkids to set up a appletv or roku. I get a better picture than through cable. No lag. No down time. All games on ESPN3/SlingTV.

Yikes man. Get the grandkids to set up a appletv or roku. I get a better picture than through cable. No lag. No down time. All games on ESPN3/SlingTV.

The picture for games on my ESPN3 on roku and AppleTV is not as good as what I get from directv. I don't like the ESPN3 games as I cannot dvr them or change the channel easily during commercials to watch another game.

The picture for games on my ESPN3 on roku and AppleTV is not as good as what I get from directv. I don't like the ESPN3 games as I cannot dvr them or change the channel easily during commercials to watch another game.

I ran Ethernet cat6 cable right into my appleTV. But it def depends on your signal. ESPN can be rewatched without commercial, so I don't miss the DVR.

But I hear ya. Lots of trade offs no matter what.

I ran Ethernet cat6 cable right into my appleTV. But it def depends on your signal. ESPN can be rewatched without commercial, so I don't miss the DVR.

But I hear ya. Lots of trade offs no matter what.

Yeah, I hard wire my Roku3. My Verizon speed is 75/75. It looks every bit HD on the TV. Huge fan of it.

I have an apple tv and 2 Firesticks. I am not exactly old. I have Netflix and HBOGo too. But Live gaming is not meant for streaming yet. Its just not ready, it is still years behind. the picture sucks (i have 50 gig internet speed tested) and its always seems to be 2 plays behind according to everyone that I follow. I get scoring auto updates 20-30 seconds before I see the play whether I am watching on the apple TV, 1 of my ipads, or my iphone.

It is beyond awful. And only the ACC is stuck with having half of our games broadcast this way. We are in 2016. We shouldn't have to watch in a platform that isn't the best so consistently.

I have an apple tv and 2 Firesticks. I am not exactly old. I have Netflix and HBOGo too. But Live gaming is not meant for streaming yet. Its just not ready, it is still years behind. the picture sucks (i have 50 gig internet speed tested) and its always seems to be 2 plays behind according to everyone that I follow. I get scoring auto updates 20-30 seconds before I see the play whether I am watching on the apple TV, 1 of my ipads, or my iphone.

It is beyond awful. And only the ACC is stuck with having half of our games broadcast this way. We are in 2016. We shouldn't have to watch in a platform that isn't the best so consistently.

No worries, I was messing with you a little.

Where I am (outside of Cortland, NY) we get TW Cable and it's pretty compressed and not super-high quality. But my internet is solid enough to get me a really nice picture via ESPN3/streaming. I don't mind being a few min behind.

But to each his own.

No worries, I was messing with you a little.

Where I am (outside of Cortland, NY) we get TW Cable and it's pretty compressed and not super-high quality. But my internet is solid enough to get me a really nice picture via ESPN3/streaming. I don't mind being a few min behind.

But to each his own.

how does your lucky position on the couch work when you are a few minutes behind?!

3-5-5 was voted down by the SEC and B1G in the hope it would make the ACC implode and they could pick over the bones. With the announcement that the network will happen and the ACC is here to stay, maybe they'd be a bit more amenable to a rule change that will allow 3-5-5. If they don't, if I were ACC Commish, I would recommend to the membership that we go to rotating divisions. 4 teams are permanently assigned to the Atlantic and Coastal divisions and the VA and NC schools change divisions every 2 years. Every school would get at least 1 home-and-home with every other school every 6 years instead of the 12 it takes now.

It never stops to amaze me that other conferences can determine how another conducts its business when it has literally no affect on those other conferences other than ego. Completely annoyed... but what can you expect when "politics" gets involved with their inefficient agenda driven meddling.

Stop checking game updates on 5 devices that are 2 plays ahead and enjoy watching the game. I never understood the "the game is 2 plays behind argument" from anyone watching a stream. If all you are watching is the stream...WTH difference does it make, you don't know the difference. Why do you need updates and scores from 3 other devices at the same time you are watching the game??

I can see if you aren't able to watch, that makes sense to me.

I have FIOS 50/50 and streaming the game from ESPN 3 or even Chromecast from my Phone to a 60 in HDTV looks as good or better than the actual game on FIOS TV.

Stop checking game updates on 5 devices that are 2 plays ahead and enjoy watching the game. I never understood the "the game is 2 plays behind argument" from anyone watching a stream. If all you are watching is the stream...WTH difference does it make, you don't know the difference. Why do you need updates and scores from 3 other devices at the same time you are watching the game??

I can see if you aren't able to watch, that makes sense to me.

I have FIOS 50/50 and streaming the game from ESPN 3 or even Chromecast from my Phone to a 60 in HDTV looks as good or better than the actual game on FIOS TV.

hmmm... think you misread this part "I get scoring auto updates 20-30 seconds before I see the play whether I am watching on the apple TV, 1 of my ipads, or my iphone."

I am only watching the game on 1 device at a time. But i get AUTOMATIC push updates as we score - which come a full play before I see it on my TV. I guess I could turn those off, but I dont know if I can differentiate push news and push scores and i want to keep the push news. I guess I'll have to look into it. But I always have my iphone with me so i can check for twitter updates.

And being 2 plays behind is still an unnecessary inconvenience. Especially because its probably going to be like this for 3 football games and close to 10 bball games per year for the next 3 years. Local residents don't deserve that treatment because of an idiotic decision to promote the ACC network brand. I would not be surprised if there are less than half of the viewers when it is streaming vs local timewarner in the cuse region.

Last edited:
hmmm... think you misread this part "I get scoring auto updates 20-30 seconds before I see the play whether I am watching on the apple TV, 1 of my ipads, or my iphone."

I am only watching the game on 1 device at a time. But i get AUTOMATIC push updates as we score - which come a full play before I see it on my TV. I guess I could turn those off, but I dont know if I can differentiate push news and push scores and i want to keep the push news. I guess I'll have to look into it. But I always have my iphone with me so i can check for twitter updates.

And being 2 plays behind is still an unnecessary inconvenience. Especially because its probably going to be like this for 3 football games and close to 10 bball games per year for the next 3 years. Local residents don't deserve that treatment because of an idiotic decision to promote the ACC network brand. I would not be surprised if there are less than half of the viewers when it is streaming vs local timewarner in the cuse region.
No issues with the ACC network or streaming games and have never missed one. Future for the ACC is better long term and quite honestly I have no idea what everyone is bitching about, I have seen no difference.

images

Yeah, I hard wire my Roku3. My Verizon speed is 75/75. It looks every bit HD on the TV. Huge fan of it.

So do you just have a random hard wire from your router to your TV?

No issues with the ACC network or streaming games and have never missed one. Future for the ACC is better long term and quite honestly I have no idea what everyone is bitching about, I have seen no difference.

images

So lets just move to an inferior product? Cmon man.

I just switched to this method. CAT6 directly from my router to the appleTV. Huge difference.

It also takes a device off of the wifi, so my kids can play their iPads and my wife can stream to her phone.

I never set SU score alerts.
I'm either watching it live or will watch it ASAP (DVR, replay, etc.) and won't want to know the score before I see it.

My router is behind my basement TV, which helps. But I don't connect the wire to the TV, I connect it to Roku3, it's a separate unit for streaming. Google it and take the plunge. It's fairly cheap and mostly awesome.

I connect with wi-fi on the main level which is typically great too but if SU is on stream only, the basement wire is a guaranteed HD like view start to finish.

3-5-5 was voted down by the SEC and B1G in the hope it would make the ACC implode and they could pick over the bones. With the announcement that the network will happen and the ACC is here to stay, maybe they'd be a bit more amenable to a rule change that will allow 3-5-5. If they don't, if I were ACC Commish, I would recommend to the membership that we go to rotating divisions. 4 teams are permanently assigned to the Atlantic and Coastal divisions and the VA and NC schools change divisions every 2 years. Every school would get at least 1 home-and-home with every other school every 6 years instead of the 12 it takes now.

It still causes problems. Keep the Florida schools separate and make 4 pods of three teams. Then rotate the pods.

FSU is always in the Atlantic
Miami is always in the Coastal

North: SU, BC, Louisville
South: Clemson, NC State, Wake
East: UVA, UNC, Duke
West: GA Tech, VA Tech, Pitt

Year 1
Atlantic: FSU, North, South
Coastal: Miami, East, West

Year 2
Atlantic: FSU, North, East
Coastal: Miami, South, West

Year 3
Atlantic: FSU, North, West
Coastal: Miami, South, East

Year 4
Atlantic: FSU, East, West
Coastal: Miami, North, South

Year 5
Atlantic: FSU, South, West
Coastal: Miami, North, East

Year 6
Atlantic: FSU, South, East
Coastal: Miami, North, West

So for UVA this is your schedule:

Year 1/4: Miami/FSU, UNC, Duke, GA Tech, VA Tech, Pitt, plus 2 of the Atlantic/Coastal teams
Year 2/5: FSU/Miami, UNC, Duke, SU, BC, Louisville, VA Tech, plus 1 of the Coastal/Atlantic teams
Year 3/6: Miami/FSU, UNC, Duke, Clemson, NC State, Wake, VA Tech, plus 1 of the Atlantic/Coastal teams

Which over a 6 year period comes out to:

6 games vs UNC, Duke, VA Tech
At least 3 games vs FSU, Miami
At least 2 games vs GA Tech, Pitt, SU, BC, Louisville, Clemson, NC State, Wake
Plus 8 extra games vs teams from the 2/3 game groups

For SU:

6 games vs BC, Louisville, Pitt
At least 3 games vs FSU, Miami
At least 2 games vs UVA, UNC, Duke, GA Tech, VA Tech, Clemson, NC State, Wake
Plus 8 extra games vs teams from the 2/3 game groups

So we are playing BC, Louisville, Pitt the same amount of times as the current set up. At worst we lose 3 games vs FSU but get Miami at least 2 more times. We get at least one more game vs UVA, UNC, Duke, GA Tech, VA Tech. At worst we lose 4 games vs Clemson, NC State, Wake. But again those extra 8 games not set in stone can be used to up the amount of times we play each team.

Going with this setup gets you through the entire conference in 3 years vs the 6 years under the current set up. You don't lose a single annual must play game.

My router is behind my basement TV, which helps. But I don't connect the wire to the TV, I connect it to Roku3, it's a separate unit for streaming. Google it and take the plunge. It's fairly cheap and mostly awesome.

I connect with wi-fi on the main level which is typically great too but if SU is on stream only, the basement wire is a guaranteed HD like view start to finish.

I didnt actually mean directly to your TV. I dont have a roku but I assumed it is similar to the FireTV and AppleTv in that it is attached to the TV.

I didnt actually mean directly to your TV. I dont have a roku but I assumed it is similar to the FireTV and AppleTv in that it is attached to the TV.

Roku has a version that's a stick that can connect to the TV, like Fire. I have one of those, but if you use that, you can only do wi-fi.

The Roku3 is a small separate unit. Costs a little more, but I think it's under $100. It has an ethernet cable port so you can connect via wire from the router, or you can use wi-fi. And one of my favorite features (although why only the 3 has this is beyond me), the remote control has a place to plug in your headphones.

So lets just move to an inferior product? Cmon man.
It's not inferior at all. It is also a step into the future.

It sounds like your issues are pretty minute ones or a hardware issue that can't be blamed on the ACC. Shut off your notifications during the game, that can't take more than about 5 seconds, and enjoy.

It's not inferior at all. It is also a step into the future.

It sounds like your issues are pretty minute ones or a hardware issue that can't be blamed on the ACC. Shut off your notifications during the game, that can't take more than about 5 seconds, and enjoy.

You have to be kidding? The best way for me to now watch 20% of the cuse games is now hardwiring (through a wall in my specific case) and having an exposed cord in my family room to watch the game with almost as good quality as TV? And it is still numerous plays behind.

you're nuts.

Also - as i said this cuts the audience in half. Most aren't die hard's like I am willing to do this.

Sure its a step in the future - it doesn't mean that its ready. Especially when it is so easy to just allow the game on Time Warner as they have for the last 30 years that I've been alive.

You have to be kidding? The best way for me to now watch 20% of the cuse games is now hardwiring (through a wall in my specific case) and having an exposed cord in my family room to watch the game with almost as good quality as TV? And it is still numerous plays behind.

you're nuts.

Also - as i said this cuts the audience in half. Most aren't die hard's like I am willing to do this.

Sure its a step in the future - it doesn't mean that its ready. Especially when it is so easy to just allow the game on Time Warner as they have for the last 30 years that I've been alive.

Not judging on either side but trying to offer a "fix." What do you have connected to your router currently? If you don't need a computer connected, why not move the router next to your TV? Then you don't need to go "through a wall" or have an "exposed cord." It is no different than having a cable box. Just sit the router right next to it.

you're nuts.

It's ready if you're keen to saving $1000 a year on your cable bill. Running an ethernet cable and installing a box or just moving your router is not hard at all. I have kids who like gaming. I plugged in the playstation. Another thing off the wifi. Another thing with max speeds.

And for some, like me, the picture is better.