Definitely need this new | Syracusefan.com

Definitely need this new

BBall you could, but not FB. The Bowls are after the semester is over and there is little time in between the end of the semester and the start of the next semester already. Kids need to be able to enroll at their new school in January. Not being in the portal until late December gives them no time to find a new school and enroll in time.

Rule for next season. Players can’t portal until AFTER the tournament or bowl games for football. Teams get decimated and can’t compete on the basketball court or football field. Portal should open after postseason play.
the unofficial portal is open all year so this doesn't make much of a difference outside of public announcements

the unofficial portal is open all year so this doesn't make much of a difference outside of public announcements
Cool your post tells me you have no clue about the impact of the portal opening.

BBall you could, but not FB. The Bowls are after the semester is over and there is little time in between the end of the semester and the start of the next semester already. Kids need to be able to enroll at their new school in January. Not being in the portal until late December gives them no time to find a new school and enroll in time.
What does school have to do with college football?

Cool your post tells me you have no clue about the impact of the portal opening.
And yours tells me you are far too naive and think people wait for some arbitrary "opening day" to begin to make contact. I'm sure last year that JJ and Syracuse didn't connect for a single minute about what their plan was until the NCAA's arbitrary start date told them they were allowed to, which was then agreed upon less than 24 hours after.

And yours tells me you are far too naive and think people wait for some arbitrary "opening day" to begin to make contact. I'm sure last year that JJ and Syracuse didn't connect for a single minute about what their plan was until the NCAA's arbitrary start date told them they were allowed to, which was then agreed upon less than 24 hours after.
That’s when some of the players stop playing and officially leave the program not when some coach attempts to make contact. Next.

That’s when some of the players stop playing and officially leave the program not when some coach attempts to make contact. Next.
Then there really is no difference. They can stop playing and (technically) leave whenever they want.

You see them leaving or stop playing lollll.
I dont even know what point you're trying to make. You said I have no clue about the impact of the portal opening, I give the reasons why it doesn't matter when you open, and in your own roundabout and slightly troll-like way, you essentially agree with me.

Coaches can basically talk to players whenever, and players can leave whenever they want. Whether they do those things or not are irrelevant of the portal opening. If they only plan to leave the team after the season ends (which is what happens in nearly all cases) then an arbitrary opening date doesn't change the plan whether you make it March 1st or August 1st.

I dont even know what point you're trying to make. You said I have no clue about the impact of the portal opening, I give the reasons why it doesn't matter when you open, and in your own roundabout and slightly troll-like way, you essentially agree with me.

Coaches can basically talk to players whenever, and players can leave whenever they want. Whether they do those things or not are irrelevant of the portal opening. If they only plan to leave the team after the season ends (which is what happens in nearly all cases) then an arbitrary opening date doesn't change the plan whether you make it March 1st or August 1st.
You’re like talking to a child who doesn’t get the obvious. This isn’t very difficult to understand yet somehow you can’t grasp the concept. Well done.

What if some of the NIL deals start including bonuses for post season play?

I feel like that would be the only way to convince some of these players to play in non-CFB bowl games and the NIT.

“Here’s an extra $2k if you play in the NIT. Make it $10k if you win it.” Something like that.

What if some of the NIL deals start including bonuses for post season play?

I feel like that would be the only way to convince some of these players to play in non-CFB bowl games and the NIT.

“Here’s an extra $2k if you play in the NIT. Make it $10k if you win it.” Something like that.
Currently NIL can't be incentive-based. But the whole structure is bound to change at some point, and I wouldn't mind seeing incentive-based compensation become legal since it's pay-for-play anyway. Should just more closely mirror pro leagues since that's what it is now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom