Definitely the worst upset in 20+ years. | Syracusefan.com

Definitely the worst upset in 20+ years.

OrlandoCuse

Living Legend
Nothing beats Richmond but this is now 2nd worst upset of all time.

Horrible. It's bad enough loosing, but to the ACC basement -- a world class embarrassment. I'm surprised BC didn't have its ball boy in the game hitting 25 footers.

You can only tempt fate so often.

2nd worst all time? I think that loss to Vermont was worse considering it ended our season. Besides, this was a long time coming. We've looked terrible since the Duke game.

2nd worst all time? I think that loss to Vermont was worse considering it ended our season. Besides, this was a long time coming. We've looked terrible since the Duke game.
Both Richmond and Vermont were much better teams than this BC team.

Both Richmond and Vermont were much better teams than this BC team.

Yes, this is going to go down as a really bad loss on our tourney resume, but our season isn't over because of this loss.

Yes, this is going to go down as a really bad loss on our tourney resume, but our season isn't over because of this loss.
The season isn't over but orange BB pride just took a 2 x 4 in the face.

There's a difference between worst upset (#1 in the country and losing to a 6 win 19 loss team) and a devastating loss, like the upsets in the NCAA tourney that end your season.

As far as regular season losses - this is right up there I guess.

Every tourney loss was worse than this.

As far as reg season, at DePaul is probably worse. in terms of impact, this game could be forgotten in 3 days, so that does mute the impact some.

The fact that we can count on one hand the huge or What upsets over the last 20-30 years is testimony to how good and consistent Cuse has been. The biggest disappointment was DePaul- they did not come to play. They played hard tonight...just played poorly.

Stop, just stop. These knee-jerk reactions are really out of control.

Last edited:
ESPN just flashed a stat. This is the worst loss by a #1 team in history based on opponent winning percentage. BC was .240 going into tonight.

Edit: sorry, it is the worst loss after Feb 1 or later in history. Still stings.

Last edited:
Stop, just stop.

These knee-jerk reactions are really out of control.
??? Nothing knee jerk about it. We were the #1 team in the country and just lost to a 6-19 team. Please name some bigger upsets on our history. I honestly can't remember losing to a 6-19 team, let alone being #1 in the country when we did it.

??? Nothing knee jerk about it. We were the #1 team in the country and just lost to a 6-19 team. Please name some bigger upsets on our history. I honestly can't remember losing to a 6-19 team, let alone being #1 in the country when we did it.

Easy. The Vermont loss back in 06'.

Tell me that this loss was more of an upset than Vermont and I'll say you're delusional. That was one of the WORST losses all time in SU history. That call by Gus Johnson still gives me nightmares to this day...

Easy. The Vermont loss back in 06'.

Tell me that this loss was more of an upset than Vermont and I'll say you're delusional. That was one of the WORST losses all time in SU history. That call by Gus Johnson still gives me nightmares to this day...

You must have been a toddler in 1992.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom