DeJaun Coleman Announcement Is... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

DeJaun Coleman Announcement Is...

dont want to be debby downer, and i could be (and would love to be) completely wrong..but im hearing otherwise

Not to sound greedy, but does this signal the end of our pursuit of Noel? Or are we going ludicrous speed here?

I believe we would want/take both. Two totally different skill sets.

The only thing we know for sure is he has eliminated OSU. I don't see why anyone would be extra confident just based on the timing of this press conference. Lets say he was so thrilled with UK that he wanted to commit on the spot. His family - who will have to remain and live in Syracuse - would have convinced him to stick to his word and do the official at SU. He cancels the OSU visit because no such issues there, moves the SU visit up, gets it out of the way and announces for UK as soon as possible.

I have no idea what he'll say tomorrow, but the above scenario is equally likely to him committing to the Cuse. The funny thing is, for such a high profile recruit, I'm not bothered either way. Noel seems like a bigger prize to me. Hope I'm wrong and Coleman turns out to be the equivalent of slicing the bread before serving it, but time will tell.

It was never in doubt!

Don't forget that J-D is loaded with cuse fans just like every other local high-school. To announce Kentucky @ school would be harsh, I think that if it weren't SU it would be done differently. Could be over-thinking it but that's just my opinion.

So who is going over to JD tomorrow at 2:30 for a live, breaking story.

As harsh as announcing at the times square espn zone when cues was playing at MSG?

Could see this going either way. I've always been on the he's not coming bandwagon, so I'll be pessimistic till the end.

Half empty- He cancelled the OSU visit because he knew he was going to UK. He only visited SU becuase the program has been so good to him over the years, it would have been bad form to skip it.

Half full- We've been on him since the begining, and the program has practically adopted him. He visited us last, and that was the cherry on top of an already sealed decision (how's that for mixed metaphors). He probably told JB Friday night, and the rest is just for show.

I'm glad the announcement comes this week, maybe I'll even be a bit optimistic when the time comes.

Half empty, but really half full - He attended practice this weekend and saw what a monster Rak is at the four that he decided there was no way he would get any playing time next year, so he decided to take the money and go play for Cal.

The only thing we know for sure is he has eliminated OSU. I don't see why anyone would be extra confident just based on the timing of this press conference. Lets say he was so thrilled with UK that he wanted to commit on the spot. His family - who will have to remain and live in Syracuse - would have convinced him to stick to his word and do the official at SU. He cancels the OSU visit because no such issues there, moves the SU visit up, gets it out of the way and announces for UK as soon as possible.

I have no idea what he'll say tomorrow, but the above scenario is equally likely to him committing to the Cuse. The funny thing is, for such a high profile recruit, I'm not bothered either way. Noel seems like a bigger prize to me. Hope I'm wrong and Coleman turns out to be the equivalent of slicing the bread before serving it, but time will tell.

While he could end up somewhere else, the reason everyone is confident has nothing to do with speculation. It has to do with 2-3 people that have been providing solid insight into both programs for about 10-15 years, from what I can tell.

I recall a post that went like this once "George Scott will soon commit to the Orange". Then a few people were negative and questioned the OP's validity. The OP poster responded with "well, I know because I'm sitting in the coach's office now..." (and George Scott soon committed).

That same OP is one of the few who are positive/encouraged with the potential results. So, that is why people are extra confident.

Is that Michael Scott's long lost twin brother?

Timing alone, it would be really shocking to be anything but the Cuse.

It was never in doubt!

Haha exactly.

I loved all the "insiders" who told us that the only player we'd be getting from JD was Cavanaugh. Thanks for the inside scoop on that one . :cool:

While I'm pretty confident at this point, let's wait until tomorrow before we start calling out the insiders. Otherwise, they may not be the ones eating crow.

jeff borzello and evan daniels are both sayin cuse

Whoops. May have been premature. Not joking...too close to call. SU or UK. I think we might lose this one. Within last hour, I've heard some things that make me think cuseclappy might be right.

Whoops. May have been premature. Not joking...too close to call. SU or UK. I think we might lose this one. Within last hour, I've heard some things that make me think cuseclappy might be right.
o cmon!

dont want to be debby downer, and i could be (and would love to be) completely wrong..but im hearing otherwise
well you have balls if nothing else...when Jake smiles that is most often a good thing...by the way who did you hear otherwise from?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom