Delone Carter's fumblitis | Syracusefan.com

Delone Carter's fumblitis

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
Carter's woes continue

Delone Carter saw his playing time severely curtailed after he lost two fumbles in a three-game stretch earlier this year.

The rookie running back's ball security continued to be an issue against the Patriots. He lost another fumble on the Colts' first possession of the second half. On third-and-2, Carter was fighting for extra yardage when defensive back Matthew Slater ripped the ball out of his hands.

"I've got to figure out a point where I'm playing physical and smart at the same time," he said. "I'm trying to get out there and prove myself, but I can't be doing that. You've got to be smart and realize when it's time to stop fighting and cover up."

Carter admitted he's starting to think about the fumbles. He has lost three on 87 rushing attempts.

Indy Star

how whacked out is that. Not a one fumble his sr. year here (or maybe one) and this all of a sudden.

Ouch. Did not know this. Ball security was one of his big selling points. I hope he takes what he said to heart and wraps up at all costs.

I love how a team that shittttty, is more concerned with the fumbles than seeing what they have for the future. Are fumbles awful? yes. Does anyone ever expect DC to put the ball on the deck? Well, not til now. But is it uncommon for young players starting off at a higher level to have this problem? I don't think so. I don't think this is the time to be taking away a kids playing time. You want him confident, and you want to see what he can do in a substantial role.

I love how a team that shittttty, is more concerned with the fumbles than seeing what they have for the future. Are fumbles awful? yes. Does anyone ever expect DC to put the ball on the deck? Well, not til now. But is it uncommon for young players starting off at a higher level to have this problem? I don't think so. I don't think this is the time to be taking away a kids playing time. You want him confident, and you want to see what he can do in a substantial role.
If they are getting the same production with out fumbles why should they put up with the fumbles

RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD

Donald Brown 90 397 4.4 4
Delone Carter 87 347 4.0 2

The competition between DC and Brown is intense and unfortunately according to DC himself he has been fighting too hard for extra yards which has caused him to drop the ball. I believe there is a chance the Colts really like DC and they may try to move Brown in the off-season. I hope that is the case. Brown is a first round pick, and he has been somewhat of a disappointment.

Just like college, DC constantly fumbling. Or not.

I was trying to remember, I think I can only recall one fumble, against USF in 2009.

I guess this stuff really is mental. Jason Colson probably went into therapy in 2005.

I was trying to remember, I think I can only recall one fumble, against USF in 2009.

I guess this stuff really is mental. Jason Colson probably went into therapy in 2005.

This one is the only one I can remember personally:

last drive against akron in 2008 was the only one i could remember

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

I would be very grateful to never watch another game with Mike Gleason in the booth.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom