Class of 2014 - Denzel Ward | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Denzel Ward

@DWard75_: Coach Beckman of University of Illinois came by, offered me today.That was such an joke coming at the end of my process. Lol state school

Ouch...

I felt bad for Denzel after he tweeted that some idiots from Purdue started sending him harassing tweets.

Denzel Ward ‏@DWard75_ 32m
Signing day Wednesday! I been waiting on this day forever !

Hey guys, Who is in line for our center this year with Mackey graduating? Is it likely one of our guards will be sliding over? I don't know about you guys, but the more I think about it, Ward is the key of all the remaining recruits. We definately need a skill guy with great potential that can contribute early!
Speaking of John Brown. I was more than lucky to have had him as a student physEd teacher in North Syracuse. A very good man. He believed in getting us outside and playing actively in some kind of game. Not trying to climb a rope which was never going to happen in my lifetime. His son Ernie was a good kid as well. Good father Good son.It was no accident.

Denzel Ward ‏@DWard75_ 15h
Sponsored by tonight's game lol pic.twitter.com/FxJIWMhm5M

Bfb07xCIcAAQ1bo.jpg

Denzel Ward ‏@DWard75_ 12h
Syracuse is the new number one team in the nation! ThanksZona

Done. Deal.

And a possible nickname is born. Welcome to Cuse, Orange Crush!

CuseOnly said:
No. He will inherit Dinobot name after he becomes a starter.

Forgot. That works too.

As long as he is Orange, that's all that really matters.

Man I remember seeing this kids name on scout a long time ago and I said to myself, yea right this kids a long shot he won't pick us over these other offers ! It's funny how things work it's a great example of why I love the weeks before signing day just as much as the actual football season ! It's really exciting to watch how things unfold I'm really proud to have scott shafer as are coach . When marrone skipped town I thought we were screwed but it really worked out so much better for us in the long run. We got a passionate coach with a lot of personality that has put together a staff that is basically family. That's big I really really hopes he sticks around creates a dynasty like Jim boeheim and McPherson !

Man I remember seeing this kids name on scout a long time ago and I said to myself, yea right this kids a long shot he won't pick us over these other offers ! It's funny how things work it's a great example of why I love the weeks before signing day just as much as the actual football season ! It's really exciting to watch how things unfold I'm really proud to have scott shafer as are coach . When marrone skipped town I thought we were screwed but it really worked out so much better for us in the long run. We got a passionate coach with a lot of personality that has put together a staff that is basically family. That's big I really really hopes he sticks around creates a dynasty like Jim boeheim and McPherson !
I completely agree with this! This time last year I thought we were screwed. I wasn't at all impressed with Shafer and I'm so glad that I was wrong. He's a real college coach.

I really hope he is a silent verbal here (all signs point to yes). I love him as a prospect and considering we have Roberts as our only offensive line commit, I was nervous for a little while but Ward would certainly quell those feelings.

So I was just looking through his tweets, and virtually the only people he tweets to are Syracuse people (fans, commits, or Eric White). Yeah, this kid is ours. It would be positively stunning if he chooses anyone else.

This class is shaping up as simply AWESOME. If Mr. Ward is good enough to make it spectacular I will pee my pants. Forget the number or star system. This class is quality athletes with what appears to be great character. More important than the star rating is how a class meets a teams needs and coaching staffs needs. You know I trust in HCSS and crew and can’t wait to see this class be the one that is looked at in years gone by as the one that cemented our prominence in the Top 25 again. Come aboard Denzel and join the family.