Class of 2014 - Denzel Ward | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Denzel Ward

He tweeted before this interview that he had his hats ready and an extra surprise. Y'all see he was wearing a 44 jersey?

I just peed my pants! What an awesome job by this coaching staff and DO NOT FORGET the current players who bought into this staff and sold the program to these future athletes. Waiting on Slayton's fax and I can honestly say this is the best class in at least 16 years (plus). Again, it is not about stars but also needs, character. What a class, size, speed, character!!!

what a huge get, both literally and figuratively. impressive interview. very well spoken.

Ecstatic! Love Shaf and staff, just love 'em! To paraphraise CampusInsiders, 'SU poised for rapid rise in ACC'.

BfuVAaYCQAAMWTu.jpg:large

6-8, 320

Offers from Florida, Oklahoma, Ohio State, Michigan, Wisconsin, UCLA, Nebraska, Arizona State...

Meh:noidea:, just a 3 star. :crazy:

That doesn't make much sense to me. (Not that it matters).

6-8, 320

Offers from Florida, Oklahoma, Ohio State, Michigan, Wisconsin, UCLA, Nebraska, Arizona State...

Meh:noidea:, just a 3 star. :crazy:

That doesn't make much sense to me. (Not that it matters).

Love this signing, and I know he at least had a Michigan offer at one point because he was committed to them... but are these other offers legit, like really legit? How was he down to us and USF. Come on, we don't beat the big boys for lineman...

VaSaltine said:
Is it bad that I watched while driving? I know the answer

Kids and wife home for a snow day? Yep - checked myself into the bathroom with my phone. Sad - but oddly I don't feel bad about it a all. What a class!

Love this signing, and I know he at least had a Michigan offer at one point because he was committed to them... but are these other offers legit, like really legit? How was he down to us and USF. Come on, we don't beat the big boys for lineman...
Could all be made up. Dunno.

Sweet Welcome aboard Denzel! I thought we had him locked up and glad to see that we did.

Kids and wife home for a snow day? Yep - checked myself into the bathroom with my phone. Sad - but oddly I don't feel bad about it a all. What a class!

My guess is he was offered those scholarships and they asked him to commit quickly. He wanted to take his time and most of those programs have numerous recruits available to them so when he took a while they just offered someone else and accepted that person if they committed quickly essentially filling his offer. This is pretty regular with big schools who have lists of kids willing to go there and they want a sure and easy thing. The big programs really only wait on the big time kids because they view the 3 stars or whatever as a dime a dozen t them. To programs like us we have to evaluate those 3 stars and see how they fit our system and recruit them hard against the programs on our level. So, in essence, he had the offers but they were no longer commit-able but were at one time. Or someone lied.

My guess is he was offered those scholarships and they asked him to commit quickly. He wanted to take his time and most of those programs have numerous recruits available to them so when he took a while they just offered someone else and accepted that person if they committed quickly essentially filling his offer. This is pretty regular with big schools who have lists of kids willing to go there and they want a sure and easy thing. The big programs really only wait on the big time kids because they view the 3 stars or whatever as a dime a dozen t them. To programs like us we have to evaluate those 3 stars and see how they fit our system and recruit them hard against the programs on our level. So, in essence, he had the offers but they were no longer commit-able but were at one time. Or someone lied.
Dido

I'm pretty confident he had those offers early in the process. He was an early commit to Michigan. And I'm sure him committing early to Michigan made some of those schools go in a different direction. I mean we only took one OT this cycle, I'm sure we weren't the only school doing that.

chris carlson‏@ccarlsononSU3 mins
shafer on denzel ward: "he has tremendous upside. got a great single mother. they've been through some tough times. has a great attitude.'