Depth Chart - Monday | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Depth Chart - Monday

wow - two true frosh on the two deep.

Isaiah Johnson at DE and Marquez Hodge at LB.

I'd guess Josh Manley and Oliver Vigille were both surpassed.

Not many changes since Fan Fest:

Estime bumping Cornelius out of the WR rotation, (I consider H-back a receiver). Smith and Gulley might be listed as Co-starters, but there will be many sets where they are in together and they will have different roles. Morris and MacFarland will get significant PT behind them.

Only surprises on defense are Hodge jumping up to the two deep and Kelly nosing his way into the FS rotation.

Not too surprised by Hodge and certainly not Kelly.

Kinda bummed not having Bris at PR. Must've been a technique/field position issue (fair catches, bounces, etc.). Think Kelly will be awesome here if given a chance over Desir. Kid can blaze trails.

Glad to see Lasker "officially" switched to tackle as that has been the word for awhile now. Still strongly believe Knapp goes in first if either of the tackles go down. He's pretty damn good.

You could see it coming all spring/summer but its still jarring for me not to see QF among the 6 best receivers a week before opening day...

That said welcome to the loud house m&m boys!!!!

You could see it coming all spring/summer but its still jarring for me not to see QF among the 6 best receivers a week before opening day...

That said welcome to the loud house m&m boys!!!!

NYS AA Offensive player of the year and 4 star recruit on the 3rd string WR. Not bad depth.

Must have missed the press release that Ritchy Rene is gone.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Must have missed the press release that Ritchy Rene is gone.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

So is Quinda Funderberg. What a shame him and Ritchy Rene aren't with Syracuse anymore. Ryan Naseeb moved on to the NFL. - B1G Network.

wow - two true frosh on the two deep.

Isaiah Johnson at DE and Marquez Hodge at LB.

I'd guess Josh Manley and Oliver Vigille were both surpassed.

you know...I can count to three and even spell it:)

Would be interested to hear about the S&C program's effects on the players. I think between '11 and '12, DM said that body fat percentage was down like 1.3% and lifts were up 10% or something like that.

I wonder if a few Marrone recruits don't see the writing on the wall and decide to move on after the season? It's obvious Shafer wants speed first, and second. Guys like James Washington, Josh Manley, Marcus Coleman, and Ben Lewis really don't fit into that category, and have already been edged up by younger, faster guys. Sure these kids could be happy to play a roll, be part of the team, and get a great education, but just an observation.

I wonder if a few Marrone recruits don't see the writing on the wall and decide to move on after the season? It's obvious Shafer wants speed first, and second. Guys like James Washington, Josh Manley, Marcus Coleman, and Ben Lewis really don't fit into that category, and have already been edged up by younger, faster guys. Sure these kids could be happy to play a roll, be part of the team, and get a great education, but just an observation.

come on man lets not go there. all four players are redshirt freshman with 4 years left to play, it's a long road. most people had welsh written off the day he signed.

there's been talk of manley playing more inside anyways and washington is a tweener who played defensive end in high school. might be some learning curve there. lewis is behind all upper classman at wr and so is coleman at nose tackle.

this team needs 85 kids and special teams players to.

Marrone recruits are Shafer recruits. There's two freshmen that have jumped into the depth chart early. Overall the depth chart is dominated by upperclassmen. There is plenty of opportunity coming.

So is Quinda Funderberg. What a shame him and Ritchy Rene aren't with Syracuse anymore. Ryan Naseeb moved on to the NFL. - B1G Network.
Quinda Funderberg is gone??? Must have been while in montreal. What happen pray tell. SU has so many highly touted that never show up.UGH

Marrone recruits are Shafer recruits. There's two freshmen that have jumped into the depth chart early. Overall the depth chart is dominated by upperclassmen. There is plenty of opportunity coming.

Which is right where the program has wanted to be for 4 years, recruit kids that are athletes, develop them in the program get ready for 2-3 years of PT. Always great to get a few kids that can come right in and play but Syracuse isn't that type of program that will recruit 4-5 star right one right after another.

You can see it on the D End, J Smith, QB even with Hunt. May not be the sexiest approach but it's the only way we will ever be able to compete. I think Welsh is going to have a really good season for us

Which is right where the program has wanted to be for 4 years, recruit kids that are athletes, develop them in the program get ready for 2-3 years of PT. Always great to get a few kids that can come right in and play but Syracuse isn't that type of program that will recruit 4-5 star right one right after another.

You can see it on the D End, J Smith, QB even with Hunt. May not be the s e x iest approach but it's the only way we will ever be able to compete. I think Welsh is going to have a really good season for us

There really wasn't much change since fanfest.

Hodge bumped Coker. Is anyone all that surprised?

They moved AC out of the 2nd unit to give Estime a role on the offense.

There really wasn't much change since fanfest.

Hodge bumped Coker. Is anyone all that surprised?

They moved AC out of the 2nd unit to give Estime a role on the offense.
Didn't Shafer previously state that Hodge, Johnson, and Estime were freshman that would be getting a lot of playing time?

come on man lets not go there. all four players are redshirt freshman with 4 years left to play, it's a long road. most people had welsh written off the day he signed.

there's been talk of manley playing more inside anyways and washington is a tweener who played defensive end in high school. might be some learning curve there. lewis is behind all upper classman at wr and so is coleman at nose tackle.

this team needs 85 kids and special teams players to.

I have actually been thinking about my post and agree I should not have said that . It was a bad post, stupid statement, some things are better left unsaid

I have actually been thinking about my post and agree I should not have said that . It was a bad post, stupid statement, some things are better left unsaid

You have to go to the uconn board for 24 hours as your punishment.

Lynn is a senior? I'd swear he was a junior. The O-Line is young. Looks like they are getting Knapp ready to take over for Hickey next year.

I love our return teams as well...lots of potential there but as others have mentioned, I am shocked that Estime is not on one of the return teams. In his h.s. highlight reel, he looks like Devin Hester's kid brother. Hopefully he has a 5-10 play package on offense, at least.

maybe Estime was not catching the ball as well as the others and they want to make sure there are no turnovers in the return game? I still expect to see him on 1 if not both return teams during his career at SU.

maybe Estime was not catching the ball as well as the others and they want to make sure there are no turnovers in the return game? I still expect to see him on 1 if not both return teams during his career at SU.

He's 5' 9", 176. I think that's the answer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom