Development to keep an eye on... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Development to keep an eye on...

Those allegations and other off-field stuff have some of the Vandy folks questioning the relaxed admission for some of his recruits. Makes sense for Franklin to get out before they shut the door on his "SEC" recruits. USC still brings a good academic reputation with a lot more institutional support for big-time football.
I am a Vandy alum and constant observer of all things Vandy. I don't know who you think the Vandy folks are questioning anything about the athletic department. Wrong about the relaxed standards and off the field stuff, one incident this summer involving 3 FR and a JC, only the JC guilty, the other three guilty of not coming forward to turn him in. Hardly major stuff for the three, the JC should go to jail. They were all dismissed immediately They have one of the highest grad rates and GPA of all BCS schools. I love reading the bios of the recruiting classes to my wife (who could care less), most of them are in the Honor Society at their high school. Nothing has changed except they are winning more, credit the coach and the administration who has made the commitment, new IPF, raising salaries, facilities upgrades, etc

If we lose Franklin it would be a shot to the heart of this class as it stands now Sykes might be the only backer to sooth that possibility. I prefer not to go there.

You are a mess. They are talking about the Coach.

I am a Vandy alum and constant observer of all things Vandy. I don't know who you think the Vandy folks are questioning anything about the athletic department. Wrong about the relaxed standards and off the field stuff, one incident this summer involving 3 FR and a JC, only the JC guilty, the other three guilty of not coming forward to turn him in. Hardly major stuff for the three, the JC should go to jail. They were all dismissed immediately They have one of the highest grad rates and GPA of all BCS schools. I love reading the bios of the recruiting classes to my wife (who could care less), most of them are in the Honor Society at their high school. Nothing has changed except they are winning more, credit the coach and the administration who has made the commitment, new IPF, raising salaries, facilities upgrades, etc

My comments were based on the SI article from the summer and quotes like this

Vandy, long the SEC's punching bag, has clearly gone all in with football, paying Franklin a reported $3 million salary (more than in-state foe Tennessee pays Butch Jones) and investing significantly in facilities. In July, Williams did not shy away from the fact that he'd convinced the school to relax its admissions standards for certain athletes, so long as the program maintained its high graduation rate. "You're not going to compete in Division I football with all of your team acing the SAT," Williams said. "It just doesn't happen, because the Alabamas, the Georgias, the Tennessees, they're going to have a wide range in there."

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/co...anford-northwestern-vanderbilt/#ixzz2mMGEbz3i

I find it pretty disturbing that you're referring to a felony rape case as an "incident" and I think you're very wrong with how you're describing it.

"Vandenburg, 20, from Indio, Calif.; Cory Batey, 19, of Nashville; Brandon Eric Banks, 19, from Brandywine, Md.; and Jaborian McKenzie, 18, from Woodville, Miss., are each charged with five counts of aggravated rape and two counts of aggravated sexual battery."

"A fifth former player, Chris Boyd, pleaded guilty to trying to cover up the assault."

Seems to me all 4 are charged with aggravated rape and aggravated sexual battery, another player was charged with trying to cover it up, and another 2 or 3 players are lucky to get away without getting charged after attempting to cover-up the incident, including your starting QB of all people.

5 players are no longer part of the program as a result of your "incident".

I find it pretty disturbing that you're referring to a felony rape case as an "incident" and I think you're very wrong with how you're describing it.

"Vandenburg, 20, from Indio, Calif.; Cory Batey, 19, of Nashville; Brandon Eric Banks, 19, from Brandywine, Md.; and Jaborian McKenzie, 18, from Woodville, Miss., are each charged with five counts of aggravated rape and two counts of aggravated s e x ual battery."

"A fifth former player, Chris Boyd, pleaded guilty to trying to cover up the assault."

Seems to me all 4 are charged with aggravated rape and aggravated s e x ual battery, another player was charged with trying to cover it up, and another 2 or 3 players are lucky to get away without getting charged after attempting to cover-up the incident, including your starting QB of all people.

5 players are no longer part of the program as a result of your "incident".
they were kicked out of school before any police action, not to downplay the "felony rape case", but only Vandenburg will serve jail time. Charges do not equal guilt. I charge you with incorrectly knowing the facts.
My comments were based on the SI article from the summer and quotes like this

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/co...anford-northwestern-vanderbilt/#ixzz2mMGEbz3i
Ah, SI, the bible of factual reporting

they were kicked out of school before any police action, not to downplay the "felony rape case", but only Vandenburg will serve jail time. Charges do not equal guilt. I charge you with incorrectly knowing the facts.

Do you think Joe Paterno shouldn't have been fired as well?

A homer opinion if I ever saw one. WOW.

4 guys in a room while the assault occurred - I guess the other 3 were doing their homework and had no idea what was going on. :crazy: And Boyd testifying that "multiple" people were involved in the assault.

Are you going to next tell me they weren't students when the assault occurred too?

If I am not mistaken, Vandy got rid of its Athletic Department some time ago. It's now run as part of the school.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diamondmakr

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom