Devin Leary injury updates (Out for season) | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Devin Leary injury updates (Out for season)

He’s not playing and we shouldn’t spend time game planning for him
True, I bet Dino said what he said only as a chess move. Act like they’re preparing for both when in reality they’re honing in on that backup and getting ready to load the box.

I really do hope we can get 40k plus butts in the Dome, this situation could be a nightmare for their backup.

I said legally, a perfect legal sack where he is dropped on his bad shoulder

True, I bet Dino said what he said only as a chess move. Act like they’re preparing for both when in reality they’re honing in on that backup and getting ready to load the box.

I really do hope we can get 40k plus butts in the Dome, this situation could be a nightmare for their backup.
I agree on Dino, and everything else you said

It's important that we attack their defense but do it smart. Low risk high reward. I imagine their offense will struggle so dont give them easy turnovers that can neutralize the game.
Great point. Play clean and we win

The cards are lining up. All the stars are aligning. I feel bad for Leary but we need to take total advantage of this. NC ST has a great defense that will be tough to put up points on, but man that back up that went in vs FSU was brutal. Our defensive line is getting thin without Lockett. If we can stop the run we shouldn’t have any problem keeping that offense under 20.

yup.. cant be another 170/66 game or the year before when it was 3/254.

8 for 20 is not gonna get it done.

the decent teams they have faced have found a way to get to 350-400 yds. We need to do that too. And make them earn drives since they have struggled to move the ball on everyone not name Uconn.
I will say that Texas Tech had 105 yards their last two possessions during garbage time while State was just sitting back and letting them pass. FSU had 3 total yards in the 2nd half until their last possession while State was in a prevent. Went prevent vs ECU at the end of the game as well so they also inflated their numbers because of that.

I will say that Texas Tech had 105 yards their last two possessions during garbage time while State was just sitting back and letting them pass. FSU had 3 total yards in the 2nd half until their last possession while State was in a prevent. Went prevent vs ECU at the end of the game as well so they also inflated their numbers because of that.
It's kind of a stretch to discount stats in a dogfight of a game that NCSU almost lost (ECU and FSU).

Yeah, NC State's pass D is no joke.

Why do you think their passing offense has been so bad with Leary? Yards per attempt, Opp adjusted - 2nd worst in the ACC? If Leary can't go, will they attempt to throw at all?

I saw the hit he got injured on

Did anyone else feel like that was a weak roughing the passer call?
If someone hit me like that, it would have killed me. But based on how violent the game is, I didn’t see that as a bad tackle.

Last edited:
This will come down to not giving them easy points. Cannot have stupid fumbles or forced interceptions. I can see this being a 17-13 score.

Yeah, NC State's pass D is no joke.

Why do you think their passing offense has been so bad with Leary? Yards per attempt, Opp adjusted - 2nd worst in the ACC? If Leary can't go, will they attempt to throw at all?

I think the talent that left is what really hurts NC State the most. Leary is missing some really good guys to throw to. Zonovan Knight, Person and Emezie were very talented ... losing them has hurt NC State IMHO.

This will come down to not giving them easy points. Cannot have stupid fumbles or forced interceptions. I can see this being a 17-13 score.
This has been my thinking; I would include avoiding ill-timed penalties.
Sort of like our games vs Rutgers in recent years.

You mean like in 2019 when Brown was out for BC then Grosel proceeds to magically complete 80% of his passes for nearly 200 yards and 3 scores and looked like Joe Namath? You mean that kind of weird?

Funny (and true) story about Joe Namath..

My grandmother worked in a Dr office as a receptionist in Albany about 50 years ago or something. Namath walks in for an appointment and asks if she knows who he is.

Grandma “no I’m sorry I do not”

Joe “I’m the quarterback of the New York Jets”

Grandma “ Oh sorry, my husband is a Giants fan”.

Lol, she said he laughed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom