Devin Leary injury updates (Out for season) | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Devin Leary injury updates (Out for season)

Sincerely doubt Leary would/could be back inside a week.
Doeren tried to keep things "under his hat" BUT 2 things said tell me CUSE will not see Leary.
MRI pictures..."it wasn't bad...he won't need surgery" and the 2nd"it's a rehabable injury.."
Rehab takes time. A shoulder sprain= loss of both range of motion and strength. Throwing a football??
Good luck. He will miss at least the CUSE game best case scenario.
Yes, not sure I’ve heard of a 4-5 day rehab.

nc st rushing this year

133/111/169/34/182 but FSU couldnt slow them down much when they needed to.

I think one of the interesting things for Saturday will be how emotionally spent NC State will or will not be. Clemson takes a lot out of everyone and then the FSU game was a very emotionally draining one for them, here is hoping they look like we did after our emotional win over Purdue

Yep not to mention it was two games taking a bite out of them as opposed to just the one vs Purdue for us.

nc st rushing this year

133/111/169/34/182 but FSU couldnt slow them down much when they needed to.

And yet that hasn't translated to the scoreboard absent UConn and the FCS team they played.

I know the majority of the focus will be on whether Leary plays. However I am more concerned how we play against NCst D. They are probably the best D we have faced all year. The offense has to not make penalties and place themselves in a hole. Also need to have runs where Tucker is not going straight up the middle. NCst is going to pressure GS. Probably up the middle. They will also have a spy on GS and Tucker to limit the rushing yards. The OL is going to be really tested.
I don’t think Shrader will get much time all all. He also has a tendency to give up on plays when he gets pressured. I’m hoping Anae schemes for it, establishes Tucker as a safety valve and lets Shrader run. I’m not saying we abandon the pass by any means, but let’s be prepared for that nasty pass rush.

That, and also witch craft. Gotta watch out for that.

Turf monster too, since it's in the Dome.

You know.

Weird shyd.
You mean like in 2019 when Brown was out for BC then Grosel proceeds to magically complete 80% of his passes for nearly 200 yards and 3 scores and looked like Joe Namath? You mean that kind of weird?

Yes, not sure I’ve heard of a 4-5 day rehab.
well you can try to play thru a hammy/ankle/ribs type thing , but trying to manage a throwing shoulder without causing more harm.

With 2 weeks off I am betting on Garrett, Tuck, our oline and dline are feeling much better physically and should have fresh legs. Honestly I am hoping to see our offense we saw against Louisville this Saturday. Hopefully we will see a more deliberate Tucker and GS running the ball. I would love to see us throwing to Gadsden until they actually stop him. Purdue 1st half he had 5 catches I believe.

well you can try to play thru a hammy/ankle/ribs type thing , but trying to manage a throwing shoulder without causing more harm.
Correct.. plus they need to get ready for Syracuse and Devin Leary will be in rehabilitation. He isn’t playing this weekend.

This is interesting.

Cliff notes; simple rating system with breakdown of O vs D, Atlantic division. 0 is CFB AVG. Schedule strength is accounted for:

TeamSRSDefenseOffense
Syracuse15.209.315.89
NC State15.5812.382.20 w Leary
Clemson18.987.4411.54
Wake14.481.6812.79
FSU11.455.316.15
Louisville5.733.821.91
BC-5.65-3.77-1.88

NC States O is slightly above meh with Leary and their D is the best in the division by a lot. But we're number 2. Wake's D is not great. The fighting Hafleys are bad at football by the numbers.

This is interesting.

Cliff notes; simple rating system with breakdown of O vs D, Atlantic division. 0 is CFB AVG. Schedule strength is accounted for:

TeamSRSDefenseOffense
Syracuse15.209.315.89
Clemson18.987.4411.54
Wake14.481.6812.79
FSU11.455.316.15
Louisville5.733.821.91
BC-5.65-3.77-1.88

NC States O is slightly above meh with Leary and their D is the best in the division by a lot. But we're number 2. Wake's D is not great. The fighting Hafleys are bad at football by the numbers.
I didn't realize WF was so lopsided.

This is interesting.

TeamSRSDefenseOffense
Syracuse15.209.315.89
Clemson18.987.4411.54
Wake14.481.6812.79
FSU11.455.316.15
Louisville5.733.821.91
BC-5.65-3.77-1.88

fsu gains yds but struggles for pts if they dont come off the big plays they hit, Thats how Wake beat them

NC States O is slightly above meh with Leary and their D is the best in the division by a lot.

This... I watched a good chunk of their game vs. Fla St and Leary and their O were very pedestrian.

Can our O handle their D in not making bad turnovers??

We gotta put some points on the board as well (but so do they, and a backup QB with a 40+k dome could be a game management nightmare)... It will be a test for sure, but if we can limit the turnovers, I like our chances.

I think one of the interesting things for Saturday will be how emotionally spent NC State will or will not be. Clemson takes a lot out of everyone and then the FSU game was a very emotionally draining one for them, here is hoping they look like we did after our emotional win over Purdue
Yep, they probably expected this to be their breather. There are a lot of factors favoring Syracuse.

This is interesting.

TeamSRSDefenseOffense
Syracuse15.209.315.89
Clemson18.987.4411.54
Wake14.481.6812.79
FSU11.455.316.15
Louisville5.733.821.91
BC-5.65-3.77-1.88

who does it like Clems Offense so much? They really exceeded in the wake game getting 51 with only 450 yds of offense.. But 3 games that had like 350. But they score pts .

0FA8A0E8-FB57-495B-8BA1-0CF1B4DDA460.gif

Ah, the 'ol hedge tilt. We have had basically 3 weeks to prepare for NCST, as the Wagner game was not even scrimmage capacity. Meanwhile, NCST had to go to Top 5 Clemson, and then preoccupied in fighting their arses off against a solid FSU team this past weekend.

Furthermore, they are now going to be without their talented starting QB and we may even be worse off because of it. Good lord! If there was ever going to be a time to win a game like this with such a huge scheduling advantage given us, their QB out and playing at home, this is certainly it.

And, "you just saying weird stuff can happen on the football field" is somewhat comical. What kind of weird stuff are you specifically talking about? Are you talking bewitching, voodoo type stuff that State has up their sleeve? Or, weird stuff being; they simply came into a hostile environment, with all of the aforementioned adversity, etc. and somehow still pulled out the W? I'm all ears.

Well, if that were to happen, that's simply being out gritted, out toughed, out schemed/coached, etc. and just better even with all of that immense headwind facing them. Perhaps, playing better, winning football under all of those circumstances has nothing to do with being "weird?" But, simply, just more excuses.
Or, maybe they just out-weird us.

You mean like in 2019 when Brown was out for BC then Grosel proceeds to magically complete 80% of his passes for nearly 200 yards and 3 scores and looked like Joe Namath? You mean that kind of weird?
We've been stung by backup QBs and RBs before. Hopefully, this team is a different story. I am confident it is.

Agreed. Listening to Doeren’s full presser, he actually slips up later and says something to the effect of “now we have the luxury of having a dual threat qb who can extend plays too…” and appears to catch himself by adding “if Devon is out.”
nice catch

If he plays, Linton or Caleb should legally lower the boom on a sack. That should end his day. All's fair in love and war.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom