Devin Leary injury updates (Out for season) | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Devin Leary injury updates (Out for season)

I think the worries being expressed here have less to do with reality and more to do with fear of Syracuse being old Syracuse and blowing a great chance to get bowl eligible.

Partiall yes, however, when UVA finally went to running the ball with ernest in the 4th we started to get gashed. Now was that a one off or because the D was tired, unclear but its definitely something to keep an eye on especially with our best DT already out for the year.

Kinda the same quwtion offensively, were the turnovers and specifically the red zone issues against UVA a one off or a sign of issues to come? 1 or 2 turnovers is one thing but SU has to be able to cash TD's against these upcoming teams or it wont matter whose at QB for the opposing teams.

Partiall yes, however, when UVA finally went to running the ball with ernest in the 4th we started to get gashed. Now was that a one off or because the D was tired, unclear but its definitely something to keep an eye on especially with our best DT already out for the year.

Kinda the same quwtion offensively, were the turnovers and specifically the red zone issues against UVA a one off or a sign of issues to come? 1 or 2 turnovers is one thing but SU has to be able to cash TD's against these upcoming teams or it wont matter whose at QB for the opposing teams.
could also have been somewhat scheme given they are mostly a passing team. Jones ran well the 2nd half several times though. Maybe they saw something we were doing and we didnt adjust.

100% coachspeak, theres a 5% chance Leary is playing Sat and that's probably being generous. This is similar to what Desko used to do, a guy would be day to day and still out 2 months later.
no reason to really tell us anything different . no way he is practicing much with the shoulder though

I think 5% is about 5% too generous.

No chance he's playing. And I bet Dino is preparing as such. He knows the injury bs game better than anyone.
Agreed. Listening to Doeren’s full presser, he actually slips up later and says something to the effect of “now we have the luxury of having a dual threat qb who can extend plays too…” and appears to catch himself by adding “if Devon is out.”

I think one of the interesting things for Saturday will be how emotionally spent NC State will or will not be. Clemson takes a lot out of everyone and then the FSU game was a very emotionally draining one for them, here is hoping they look like we did after our emotional win over Purdue

when NC st has a week to turn on the triple option this could get interesting. Do we prep for it, for Leary, or for door #3 who might be actually able to throw.

Sincerely doubt Leary would/could be back inside a week.
Doeren tried to keep things "under his hat" BUT 2 things said tell me CUSE will not see Leary.
MRI pictures..."it wasn't bad...he won't need surgery" and the 2nd"it's a rehabable injury.."
Rehab takes time. A shoulder sprain= loss of both range of motion and strength. Throwing a football??
Good luck. He will miss at least the CUSE game best case scenario.

Doeren tried to keep things "under his hat" BUT 2 things said tell me CUSE will not see Leary.
MRI pictures..."it wasn't bad...he won't need surgery" and the 2nd"it's a rehabable injury.."
Rehab takes time. A shoulder sprain= loss of both range of motion and strength. Throwing a football??

A third thing - when asked in his PC about two other players he didn't hesitate to say they will both be playing. Didn't even imply that with Leary.

I know the majority of the focus will be on whether Leary plays. However I am more concerned how we play against NCst D. They are probably the best D we have faced all year. The offense has to not make penalties and place themselves in a hole. Also need to have runs where Tucker is not going straight up the middle. NCst is going to pressure GS. Probably up the middle. They will also have a spy on GS and Tucker to limit the rushing yards. The OL is going to be really tested.

Good stuff

I know the majority of the focus will be on whether Leary plays. However I am more concerned how we play against NCst D. They are probably the best D we have faced all year. The offense has to not make penalties and place themselves in a hole. Also need to have runs where Tucker is not going straight up the middle. NCst is going to pressure GS. Probably up the middle. They will also have a spy on GS and Tucker to limit the rushing yards. The OL is going to be really tested.
yup.. cant be another 170/66 game or the year before when it was 3/254.

8 for 20 is not gonna get it done.

the decent teams they have faced have found a way to get to 350-400 yds. We need to do that too. And make them earn drives since they have struggled to move the ball on everyone not name Uconn.

well they didnt get cute last night when Leary went out.. The QB threw 1 pass.. They just pounded FSU who had like 3 DLs get hurt.
He actually had more catches than completions ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom