Devin Leary injury updates (Out for season) | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Devin Leary injury updates (Out for season)

Why that’s soooo frustrating is -
They did work!!
Just really poor execution of them.
LeQuint will be getting grief from his teammates for that duck he “threw” for the rest of his Cuse career.

So - the play designs and timing of when they were called was spot-on.
We can’t miss gimmes like that when they are there for the taking.
As important. Doren likes the trick play as well we need to be on our toes

Because they’re playing with a backup quarterback on the road against the best Syracuse team we’ve had since we joined the conference.
I hope you're right about this year having our best conference team. But talk to me at the end of the season. 2018 was damn good. Albeit close losses to Clemson and Pitt (OT) and 2018 almost went undefeated in the conference. Not too shabby.

Because anything further back than 3-4 years ago is irrelevant?
1665598215285.png

I'm confident we stem the tide this year, but I also completely understand why they give us zero respect. Time to earn it.

View attachment 220994
I'm confident we stem the tide this year, but I also completely understand why they give us zero respect. Time to earn it.

They have caught us at good times. Take away the 4 games where we had bad backup QBs starting, and we are 2-3 vs NC State since joining the ACC. Last season was the only game that got out of hand. The others we had our chances.

Their fans kind of remind me a bit of Louisville BBall fans, totally out of touch with reality. Except they don't have the success to match.

Truth be told our WRs can not get seperation but at the same time Leary has been pressing all year probably because of all the hype he had going in. We just don’t have as much as we had thought and hoped at WR. Thayer Thomas is a very good college WR but other than him it’s close to being a mess. Devin Carter was supposed to fill the Emeka Emezie roll but it appears as if he hasn’t put in the work needed to be the guy. Doeren has missed on WR recruiting it has become obvious.

Chambers can throw, he put up over 400 yards vs ECU last season but there’s no way that Doeren let’s him loose vs this Syracuse defense. He’s going to be asked to basically not screw it up so there will be some passing but I doubt he will take any deep shots. I believe the plan will mainly be pound the rock and let the defense keep you in it and try to win it in the 4th.
Makes sense

View attachment 220994
Generally they have been close games.

2017 and 2019 were tough losses.

I think 2020 wasn't as close as final score indicated.

2021 was basically three plays that change the whole game, in a six minute stretch end of half.

2021 was basically three plays that change the whole game, in a six minute stretch end of half.

2020 we led by 8 at half, we led going into the 4th Q, and had a 3rd and goal at the 7 before the sack and 4th down spike. It was a close game.

2014 We win easy with Terrel Hunt. Still thought we were going to win until AJ long threw that int. Smh.

some interesting info, regarding point spreads, courtesy of ESPN:

No. 15 NC State at No. 18 Syracuse (-3.5, 44.5)
3:30 p.m. ET on ACC Network, JMA Wireless Dome, Syracuse, New York

• Since the start of the 2019 season, NC State is 4-13 ATS on the road. That's the 2nd-worst road cover percentage in the FBS over that span.
  • NC State is 3-9 ATS against AP-ranked opponents since the start of the 2017 season.
  • Syracuse is 4-1 ATS this season, the 2nd-best cover percentage in the ACC.
  • Syracuse is 6-0 ATS in October since the start of last season, the best cover percentage in the FBS in October over that span (min. 3 games).

“I don’t think Leary will play this weekend, because they will be alright without him this weekend. BUT he wants to play against Virginia Tech”.

The greatest gift this year is the perception of our brand. The gift that keeps on giving.

We’d beat Vtech by 4 touchdowns this year

“I don’t think Leary will play this weekend, because they will be alright without him this weekend. BUT he wants to play against Virginia Tech”.

The greatest gift this year is the perception of our brand. The gift that keeps on giving.

I will say that they weren’t saying Va Tech is better than Syracuse, it was more about the Va Tech game is the next one after Syracuse and after the bye week so that’s the target date to hopefully get him back.

I'm half expecting Leary to come out and play. Sure, he'll have a peg leg, but I'll be darned when he's out there for warm ups.

But OttoinGrotto, you protest, that doesn't make any sense! He was in a sling, clearly it's an upper body injury. Why would that result in a peg leg?

And the answer, sports fans, is that football is weird. Gotta watch out for weird stuff.

It happens.

Also, Leary hae an eye patch on. It's hard to see at first, but the camera for the TV broadcast catches it just right. Yes, he has a peg leg, and he's wearing an eye patch under his helmet.

Also, he has a parrot on his (non-throwing) shoulder. It's big. Colorful. Loud. Those beedy little eyes kinda freak me out.

But OttoinGrotto, you exclaim, are you saying that Leary is a pirate? Or is starting Halloween early and is dressed as a pirate?

And I say, whoa, that reminds me, check your kid's Halloween candy for drugs. Even though it's a horrible business model to indiscriminately give drugs away for free to children that you can't even identify because they're in costumes, there are some screwed up people in this world that are just smart enough to not get high on their own supply, but just dumb enough to blow their inventory on some kind of ugged up marketing scheme around Halloween that has a 0% ROI.

Also, I'm available to adjunct business courses whenever you want, Syracuse University.

Remote only. I'll Zoom the Hell out of those students' education tho.

Last edited:
I'm half expecting Leary to come out and play. Sure, he'll have a peg leg, but I'll be darned when he's out there for warm ups.

But OttoinGrotto, you protest, that doesn't make any sense! He was in a sling, clearly it's an upper body injury. Why would that result in a peg leg?

And the answer, sports fans, is that football is weird. Gotta watch out for weird stuff.

It happens.

Also, Leary hae an eye patch on. It's hard to see at first, but the camera for the TV broadcast catches it just right. Yes, he was a peg leg, and he's wearing an eye patch under his helmet.

Also, he has a parrot on his (non-throwing) shoulder. It's big. Colorful. Loud. Those beedy little eyes kinda freak me out.

But OttoinGrotto, you exclaim, are you saying that Leary is a pirate? Or is starting Halloween early and is dressed as a pirate?

And I say, whoa, that reminds me, check your kid's Halloween candy for drugs. Even though it's a horrible business model to indiscriminately give drugs away for free to children that you can't even identify because they're in costumes, there are some screwed up people in this world that are just smart enough to not get high on their own supply, but just dumb enough to blow their inventory on some kind of ugged up marketing scheme around Halloween that has a 0% ROI.

Also, I'm available to adjunct business courses whenever you want, Syracuse University.

Remote only. I'll Zoom the Hell out of those students' education tho.
has*

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom