Diagne | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Diagne

"BS confidentiality laws." That's rich. It really is not our business, and to worry about it is silly, as it has no impact on the outcome.

I'm obviously frustrated, and I've actually done a pretty good job to this point of not worrying about it, but it's hard to accept that nobody can even provide a general reason for the cause of the delay by now. Assuming some kind of confidentiality issue, there is almost certainly a way to let everybody know what's going on without actually saying what's going on. The University has a law school; ask them how to dance around the possibly applicable laws lol.

I disagree that it's none of our business, btw. As fans who support the program with our money (even if you're not a booster), we have a vested interest in all things related to Syracuse basketball, including whether or not players are eligible and why.

Two years ago Roberson wasn't even cleared yet by the NCAA. He wasn't in Canada with the rest of the team for the trip up there in 2013 and that trip happened at the end of August. We aren't going to know until just before classes start if he's cleaqred.

Brooky03 said:
I'm obviously frustrated, and I've actually done a pretty good job to this point of not worrying about it, but it's hard to accept that nobody can even provide a general reason for the cause of the delay by now. Assuming some kind of confidentiality issue, there is almost certainly a way to let everybody know what's going on without actually saying what's going on. The University has a law school; ask them how to dance around the possibly applicable laws lol. I disagree that it's none of our business, btw. As fans who support the program with our money (even if you're not a booster), we have a vested interest in all things related to Syracuse basketball, including whether or not players are eligible and why.
Lol..,the law school? I'm pretty sure SU has a GC and lawyers on staff. The "answer" you're looking for just might be that there isn't an answer yet. People speculated for months on the NCAA penalties and none of that speculation came close to the reality.

Lol..,the law school? I'm pretty sure SU has a GC and lawyers on staff. The "answer" you're looking for just might be that there isn't an answer yet. People speculated for months on the NCAA penalties and none of that speculation came close to the reality.
But I thought you had the answer. :confused:

Neither did the penalties.

Capt. Tuttle said:
"BS confidentiality laws." That's rich. It really is not our business, and to worry about it is silly, as it has no impact on the outcome.

Right, Capt. My Journalism prof. taught us back in '63 that nothing was 'news' until it occurred. Nowadays...predictions, guesses, hyperbole, fantasizing, promoting, etc. are all premature, and in some cases, propaganda. Just excuses for writers to put something in print because they want to be heard....or for their egos in hopes that their guesses will turn out right. All just useless, asinine conjecture, if anyone asks me. No one wants to wait to see what happens anymore. How society has changed.

Right, Capt. My Journalism prof. taught us back in '63 that nothing was 'news' until it occurred. Nowadays...predictions, guesses, hyperbole, fantasizing, promoting, etc. are all premature, and in some cases, propaganda. Just excuses for writers to put something in print because they want to be heard...or for their egos in hopes that their guesses will turn out right. All just useless, asinine conjecture, if anyone asks me. No one wants to wait to see what happens anymore. How society has changed.
What is your prediction?

Not only that, our chancellor is a lawyer, former law professor, former head of a law school.
Even if he knows, he's not talking and he shouldn't.

Not only that, our chancellor is a lawyer, former law professor, former head of a law school.
Even if he knows, he's not talking and he shouldn't.

You guys really ran with the off-the-cuff law school comment haha.

pearl31 said:
But I thought you had the answer. :confused:
As to the subject matter of the issues at hand? I don't think diagne is just visiting family and friends (if that is what you're getting at). As to the resolution of those issues and the timing of resolution? I don't think anyone has the answer to those issues yet.

broken-f5-button-700x525.jpg

My index finger hurts :)

Whoa...whats on that 6 key?! & is on the 7 key. And why is there a tetris piece below the 6?! So many questions from that picture.

Right, Capt. My Journalism prof. taught us back in '63 that nothing was 'news' until it occurred. Nowadays...prdictions, guesses, hyperbole, fantasizing, promoting, etc. are all premature, and in some cases, propaganda. Just excuses for writers to put something in print because they want to be heard...or for their egos in hopes that their guesses will turn out right. All just useless, asinine conjecture, if anyone asks me. No one wants to wait to see what happens anymore. How society has changed.
But something has happened, Diagne is not at SU practicing like he should be. That is the 'news'. It has already occurred. Some people want to know the reason he is not here.

"Excuses for writers to put something in print"? Quite the opposite. We're still waiting for MW's soon to be printed article.

Sgt Cuse said:
But something has happened, Diagne is not at SU practicing like he should be. That is the 'news'. It has already occurred. Some people want to know the reason he is not here. "Excuses for writers to put something in print"? Quite the opposite. We're still waiting for MW's soon to be printed article.

I agree, Sgt., that he is not here, but that story is old news. He hasn't been here all summer. As you likely know, it's all the guessing about the future that gets me. I can see that it might be fun and helps pass the time, but at 73 I prefer to just sit back and wait. No big deal. I'm about 50/50 guessing through life, and have found it not beneficial. Guess I hate being wrong half the time. Have simply learned to take the "wait and see" route. Not long to wait. No prediction.

Right, Capt. My Journalism prof. taught us back in '63 that nothing was 'news' until it occurred. Nowadays...predictions, guesses, hyperbole, fantasizing, promoting, etc. are all premature, and in some cases, propaganda. Just excuses for writers to put something in print because they want to be heard...or for their egos in hopes that their guesses will turn out right. All just useless, asinine conjecture, if anyone asks me. No one wants to wait to see what happens anymore. How society has changed.
"Journalism" has a LOOOOOONG history of generating false stories often for political purposes.
Let alone mere speculation or error (Dewey Beats Truman).
Our memories are short...human nature hasn't changed all that much.

The two things that have changed are the proliferation of news outlets thanks to the web and the vast broadening of topics that are routinely covered.
(And if we waited for things to occur before we reported about them no one would ever know what may be coming and perhaps do something about it).

How about a call to Diagne's cell phone? That would be a good place to start.

Col. Bleep said:
"Journalism" has a LOOOOOONG history of generating false stories often for political purposes. Let alone mere speculation or error (Dewey Beats Truman). Our memories are short...human nature hasn't changed all that much. The two things that have changed are the proliferation of news outlets thanks to the web and the vast broadening of topics that are routinely covered. (And if we waited for things to occur before we reported about them no one would ever know what may be coming and perhaps do something about it).

Appreciate your last line, Col. Reporting is the key word. I still say that reported NEWS occurs when it happens. Until it happens all else reported is guessing, hype, wishful thinking and possibility/probability and for sure, propaganda. . I have read about too many things, both online and in print, that never materialized...as in "funding will happen for (take your choice) such and such project". Verbals from commits stand a better chance of happening than half the things that are "expected" to happen. Yogi Berra had a line about this...
Cheers.

Diagne is NOT listed on the fall semester resident list for South Campus. The only one of the incoming freshman not to be listed for what that is worth.

Diagne is NOT listed on the fall semester resident list for South Campus. The only one of the incoming freshman not to be listed for what that is worth.
yeah, that's probably not a good sign :noidea:

If he's not in the student directory online yet, it means he hasn't matriculated. He wouldn't be on any housing list until he does that, and if he's still out of the country, he might not be able to return his enrollment form to matriculate. Wasn't he scheduled to be coming back on the 19th?

Not talking about the student directory, but rather the residence list for South Campus. All freshman athletes are housed there, and the full list is out for the fall semester. Again, for what that is worth..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom