Diagne | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Diagne

I think Chinos playing time was so limited last season because most of the offense was RAK

I'm sure that was part of it, but his lack of skill shown by the time he was in games was a huge part as well.

FYI, have learned that Mike Waters is working on a Diagne update story now - not sure when it will be out but should be very soon
broken-f5-button-700x525.jpg

My index finger hurts :)

I don't think Chino's lack of playing time had anything to do with Rak. In big games they played Roberson in the center spot. Chino only had to give them defense and rebounding and he struggled to do that. He was foul prone and didn't defend particularly well.

I don't think Chino's lack of playing time had anything to do with Rak. In big games they played Roberson in the center spot. Chino only had to give them defense and rebounding and he struggled to do that. He was foul prone and didn't defend particularly well.
My memory may be failing me, but I'm having trouble thinking of 10 minutes in competitive time that Roberson played the 5.

Everyday I'm expecting the Mike Waters story saying Diagne is not coming. It's probably already written.

I'm not sure I'd go so far as to say it's a trainwreck, as long as Coleman stays healthy anyways, but it certainly hurts our depth at the 4 and 5 considerably. I'm very curious to see, if Diagne DOES make it, how he performs on defense in the zone. I could see him doing just fine at the 4, because he's athletic enough to play the wing, but in the middle he might be lost with exactly what he needs to do. I could see a lot of lob passes behind the zone because he doesn't have the awareness that develops over time. Then again, DC doesn't really have that awareness either considering he's barely played in the past 2 years.

Look, I'm hoping for the best, but if you are counting on Coleman, well, he hasn't finished his last 3 seasons. If he remains healthy, I can't see the coaches playing him 30+ minutes a game after not playing in so long. It's a risky decision if they do. So I think we count on Coleman as half a center rotation. Then you have Chino. And if it's only Chino, first that's sub-optimal, but if Coleman gets hurt, then we're screwed.

We're not going to beat any Top 25 teams with only 1 center (who happens to have so little court experience). I'm hoping for the best, but if there's one position we can't afford to lose anyone, it's at center. We have enough interchangeable parts at all the other spots. But we're looking dangerously like a Wake Forest kind of roster this year. We need a lot of guys to step up.

Look, I'm hoping for the best, but if you are counting on Coleman, well, he hasn't finished his last 3 seasons. If he remains healthy, I can't see the coaches playing him 30+ minutes a game after not playing in so long. It's a risky decision if they do. So I think we count on Coleman as half a center rotation. Then you have Chino. And if it's only Chino, first that's sub-optimal, but if Coleman gets hurt, then we're screwed.

We're not going to beat any Top 25 teams with only 1 center (who happens to have so little court experience). I'm hoping for the best, but if there's one position we can't afford to lose anyone, it's at center. We have enough interchangeable parts at all the other spots. But we're looking dangerously like a Wake Forest kind of roster this year. We need a lot of guys to step up.

This is how I feel. If Diagne is a no-show it's going to be a pretty long season. Until proven otherwise I think at best we get half a season out of DC. There's no evidence DC is even capable of playing basketball at this point.

JB will have to adjust and play a smaller faster team. JB is way too stubborn not to play a 2-3 zone which means TR will have to play center with CO. This means TL will get a lot more playing time. We may see G and TC on the wings and MR and FH at the 2. OMG, it hurts my head!

Even if Diagne makes it this is a 20-23 win team at best, will have problems on defense, and scoring still will be a problem.

I don't see scoring being an issue. Defense is a question mark but I think we're more offensively capable this season than last. At the very least, the scoring should be more balanced.

Even if Diagne makes it this is a 20-23 win team at best, will have problems on defense, and scoring still will be a problem.

That's not true.

Backcourt will be extremely experienced. Rising junior PF is ready to break out. Center is coming off injury, but has talent and was a McDonald's All American.

Not to mention Lydon & Richardson, who will be able to contribute off the bench.

Even last year with our minimized team w/o McCullough and without a PG, we were in a ton of games only to fall late.

We will be fine.

I really don't even know how high this team's ceiling is, we have a lot of unknowns. How Dc2 comes back from his injuries. Can Kaleb make the soph leap and become a halfway decent pg, the Freshman, can Cooney in his last year become more consistent.

That's not true.

Backcourt will be extremely experienced. Rising junior PF is ready to break out. Center is coming off injury, but has talent and was a McDonald's All American.

Not to mention Lydon & Richardson, who will be able to contribute off the bench.

Even last year with our minimized team w/o McCullough and without a PG, we were in a ton of games only to fall late.

We will be fine.
Roberson knows what is expected of him with both scoring and BOARDS. We can also depend onDC2 to finally show us why he was 5 star rated player coming out of high school. OK that was a joke! If in fact he contributes well this year,I will be shocked.

It's fun reading posts from glass half empty to glass half full, but it's all wishin' and hopin'. Personally, I am hoping for the best, but the years have tempered my enthusiasm...made me think cautiously. We had a phrase in the SU dorm back in '63..."don't fly too high, you might have a long way to fall if you get shot down". It was meant for relationships, but can be related to SU sports. For now, we shall see what we shall see. Soon. Have fun. I gave up guessing a long time ago. Too many question marks this year.

This is how I feel. If Diagne is a no-show it's going to be a pretty long season. Until proven otherwise I think at best we get half a season out of DC. There's no evidence DC is even capable of playing basketball at this point.

JB will have to adjust and play a smaller faster team. JB is way too stubborn not to play a 2-3 zone which means TR will have to play center with CO. This means TL will get a lot more playing time. We may see G and TC on the wings and MR and FH at the 2. OMG, it hurts my head!

Actually, there's plenty of evidence that DC is capable of playing basketball... considering he's been tearing it up all Spring and Summer (no pun intended hopefully). There's certainly no proof that he will make it through a season without injury, but to say there's none that he's capable of playing basketball is absolutely false. Regardless, until we officially hear that Diagne is not coming, it's all just speculation. Just like it's speculation to say that the best the team could do is 20-23 wins. Would anyone have ever said that the Ennis team would win 28 prior to the seasons' start? I highly doubt it.

Actually, there's plenty of evidence that DC is capable of playing basketball... considering he's been tearing it up all Spring and Summer (no pun intended hopefully). There's certainly no proof that he will make it through a season without injury, but to say there's none that he's capable of playing basketball is absolutely false. Regardless, until we officially hear that Diagne is not coming, it's all just speculation. Just like it's speculation to say that the best the team could do is 20-23 wins. Would anyone have ever said that the Ennis team would win 28 prior to the seasons' start? I highly doubt it.

I am glad that he is doing well in the spring and the summer, but we won't know just how healthy he is, until organized practices start in the fall, and then when he starts playing in games.

FYI, have learned that Mike Waters is working on a Diagne update story now - not sure when it will be out but should be very soon
guess I shouldn't have tacked on the "should be very soon" part - my interpretation of that being the case was obviously off the mark.
Honestly, I'm guessing Mike isn't having much luck gathering legit info on this

This sucks.

Nobody can provide a straight freakin' answer. Coaching staff is mum, reporters haven't found out anything, Diagne's host family isn't being definitive, no news from the NCAA, nothing from the University. What. There's most likely some BS confidentiality laws preventing anybody from leaking information about this, but c'mon. There must be somebody who knows.

This sucks.

Nobody can provide a straight freakin' answer. Coaching staff is mum, reporters haven't found out anything, Diagne's host family isn't being definitive, no news from the NCAA, nothing from the University. What. There's most likely some BS confidentiality laws preventing anybody from leaking information about this, but c'mon. There must be somebody who knows.
"BS confidentiality laws." That's rich. It really is not our business, and to worry about it is silly, as it has no impact on the outcome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom