Diagne | Page 36 | Syracusefan.com

Diagne

It seems to me that the NCAA could hire a few more people to staff their Clearinghouse, what with all the money that they have coming in. All about the student, yeah, right.
This is why I ask all the time - where does all this money go? Who gets their pocket filled?

Day2 said:
His coach's story is from over the weekend. Again, we've been talking about his coursework for a month.
These stories have been out there in 1 form or another before this past weekend.

This is why I ask all the time - where does all this money go? Who gets their pocket filled?

I thought they made most of their money in March...which subsidizes the NCAA championships of all other sports.

Day2 said:
I'm not dodging anything. I've said this several times now. They're already in the US. He's in Senegal.
It's a very simple question. Why not enroll at SU instead of JUCO? Diallo did. Yakwe did.

you're dodging the question. He could get his visa by enrolling at SU. Why didn't he? Diallo did. Yakwe did.

I thought we'd established previously that Syracuse doesn't take non-qualifiers?

pfister1 said:
I thought we'd established previously that Syracuse doesn't take non-qualifiers?
correct.

you're dodging the question. He could get his visa by enrolling at SU. Why didn't he? Diallo did. Yakwe did.
Are Yakwe and Diallo enrolling at SU?

LOL.
I've just learned form this thread that enrolling at SU is exactly the same as enrolling at Kansas.
Whew! Problem solved

Low hanging fruit. The NCAA is always the default guilty party of fans. 99% of the time emotional fans are wrong.
Your defense of the ncaa is spectacular.

pfister1 said:
Non qualifier or partial? Wasn't Chino one?

Non qualifier or partial? Wasn't Chino one?
I thought the deal with Chino was that he was being punished by the NCAA for taking too many classes. Yeah that NCAA - the one known for harshly interpreting and applying rules on an inconsistent and often nonsensical basis to student athletes and universities for going on forever. Headed by a paragon of virtue who has failed upward into his current position.

pearl31 said:

Thank you but I don't call it defending.

Toga said:
I thought the deal with Chino was that he was being punished by the NCAA for taking too many classes. Yeah that NCAA - the one known for harshly interpreting and applying rules on an inconsistent and often nonsensical basis to student athletes and universities for going on forever. Headed by a paragon of virtue who has failed upward into his current position.
he was a partial. He could practice and not play. Www.syracuse.com/orange basketball/index.ssf/2013/09/syracuse_basketball_freshman_c.html

His coach is! You asked what he'd gain by lying! If he's lying it isn't one course from his freshman year in Senegal! Are you being intentional here? It's pretty clear why the coach wants this to be about Senegal/NCAA.
This is about a coach covering his butt and nothing about a class in Senegal and now the NCAA won't embarrass anyone. They won't and don't have to make any determination now.

pearl31 said:
I think you might want to warm to the concept that people putting the brakes on the NCAA bashing here might have a reason to do so. It's not like it's one random poster...

Does the NCAA suck? Yeah, in many cases they do.

Do I think they had a personal agenda against JB? yep. But they have their pound of flesh. That's why the they took 100 wins and imposed an historically long suspension. I bet the punishment against the program gets reduced(scholarships and recruiting restrictions), but not the suspension, or removal of wins.

Do I think they are the boogie man waiting in the shadows just to screw SU at every chance? Absolutely not.

pearl31 said:
LOL. I've just learned form this thread that enrolling at SU is exactly the same as enrolling at Kansas. Whew! Problem solved
And why do you think we might not take him...?

Low hanging fruit. The NCAA is always the default guilty party of fans. 99% of the time emotional fans are wrong.

We all love you bees. Not trying to change your opinion :)
Just sharing my opinion as well. This is how I really feel when I speak for many of the diehard fans that want to know why the ncaa can't do their job, if you can't meet the deadline then get out of the courtroom. Its like waiting in a courtroom camping out for 4 months for the judge to come, when he is to busy sitting on his butt eating hoho's and watching reruns of the greatest american hero, then he comes and says you are going to have to be stuck in his concentration camp to all hope is gone.

Can't help but hate the ncaa. one class in senegal for a 18 year old who left his home country and took up three languages to make it in another counry. Then he went to a top high school. We could have spent our time recruiting a different 3rd big for this year if the ncaa is going to sit on their butt and say a kid can't play by not even coming up with a conclusion before the deadline.

I understand the make friends with the communist terrorists(ncaa) to better the future but they are pure evil.
No Cuse fans care if a foreign exchange student gets ruled elgible for syracuse 200,000 fans care if Diagne does. Other exchange students can wait another semester to be ruled elgible, Diagne can't. So they need to get their head out of the sand and get him to Syracuse. They deserve to be tortured with nightmares every night with devils that look like syracuse fans eating the flesh off their bones. Whatever God has to do to get him elgible :). That is my prayer hoping God will get Diagne to Syracuse. He is our last hope!

Just my opinion and how I feel about them. And they know the supsensions they hit us with were awful reciculously overboard and we just lost two Juniors transfer on top of it. And they know us diehard fans read these boards daily.
That is how I feel, yes its passionate and I am not alone alot of fans are passionate for Diagne to get here as a last second miracle.
And we are Tired of losing Faith in things, and tired of being stomped on by the Ncaa. We are asking for some help against the evil hipocritical choosing who to punish power that the ncaa has become. This feels like the hunger games.
I am 34 not a young fan and They have become evil evil evil evil people they are like a communist organization hat doesn't work but punishes people. God Help Syracuse defeat these devils. Get behind us satan, no weapon fashioned against us will prosper. Enough is Enough!

Last edited:
I think you might want to warm to the concept that people putting the brakes on the NCAA bashing here might have a reason to do so. It's not like it's one random poster...

Does the NCAA suck? Yeah, in many cases they do.

Do I think they had a personal agenda against JB? yep. But they have their pound of flesh. That's why the they took 100 wins and imposed an historically long suspension. I bet the punishment against the program gets reduced(scholarships and recruiting restrictions), but not the suspension, or removal of wins.

Do I think they are the boogie man waiting in the shadows just to screw SU at every chance? Absolutely not.
This is a tough nut to swallow. The requirements put forth by the NCAA are not that tough that any student who scores reasonably well on their SAT's should be declared eligible. I would guess that every high school guidance counselor (they still have them, don't they?) and everyone in the new, revised compliance department at Syracuse are well aware of what these kids need. How a supposedly smart kid like Diange can't meet the minimum requirements are beyond belief, especially when he was in American high schools for three years.

It's a very simple question. Why not enroll at SU instead of JUCO? Diallo did. Yakwe did.

My understanding is that we don't take partial or non qualifiers.

Syracuse, NY -- Chinonso Obokoh, the 6-foot-10 freshman from Bishop Kearney High School in Rochester, will redshirt this season, said Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim.

Obokoh is one of four big men in the Orange system this year, making him unlikely to play meaningful minutes. Baye Moussa Keita is the lone senior, followed by junior Rakeem Christmas and sophomore Dajuan Coleman.

Obokoh, a native of Nigeria, learned late last summer that the NCAA would permit him to enroll in classes at SU. He will be allowed to practice with the Orange this year, but will not be permitted to play in games.

The Post-Standard just says that he's redshirting. Doesn't mention anything about him being a partial qualifier.

At the time, it was assumed that he was "5 to play 4".

These stories have been out there in 1 form or another before this past weekend.

From the HS coach? All I remember him saying is that he expected Diagne to be back for class.

I'm sorry you read it in your head as snark. When I read it in my head, it didn't come off that way. Going back over it, it still doesn't. The point is, the kid has P5 talent, and will play at the P5 level. If you don't think so, fine. I don't care. Doesn't change the fact that he will play at that level.

Um, he had offers from P5 schools. If that isn't an indicator...

I think you're being disingenuous at this point.

Furthermore, I never questioned his talent. You should know what I meant by now, so why are you still arguing about it?

I think you're being disingenuous at this point.

Furthermore, I never questioned his talent. You should know what I meant by now, so why are you still arguing about it?

You're literally the only person in this thread who didn't understand what he meant by "P5 player."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom