Diagne | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Diagne

No Diagne, no NCAA's. That's the hard truth. He would have filled a huge role this year just based on his size alone. Absolutely critical blow if he doesn't make it up to the hill this season.

Who is Blair?
th

I've said before it is folly to "expect" anything from Coleman, say nothing about counting on him. Without Diagne there are 2 options, either Obokoh plays a lot of minutes OR the coaches have to completely revamp the offense and defense for the times DC is not on the court. Even at best case most optimistic for Coleman I can't see him playing more than 25 minutes per game.

G will have to play PG and Center.

I'm sorry but the person I heard it from was told by the coaches last week that Diagne is not coming. Now it is possible that Jimmy B. may not know, but somehow I doubt that. Hate to break the bad news, and I only hope somehow this is wrong, or that something drastically changes from last week when this person was told.

We have only one guard and one center, maybe they should play 1-3-1 zone.

Geez. This would absolutely suck. We don't have the ball handlers or guard depth to play Villanova style.

We didn't even need to wait for the summer to end for the first crisis to materialize. And whether there is one or not there can be do doubt that you can count on one condensing out of the ether.

No Diagne, no NCAA's. That's the hard truth. He would have filled a huge role this year just based on his size alone. Absolutely critical blow if he doesn't make it up to the hill this season.

After last season, it's like we're already waiting for next year again, to get the new guys in here. This SUCKS.

I'm sure some will lambast this post as overreacting, but the safer bet at this point is NIT. That's not to say the current roster isn't capable of making the dance, but we all know Boeheim is not going to be willing to change the script.

To be honest, whether we're talking NIT or out the first weekend in the NCAAs, the fact is we're setting up for another disappointing year. At some point we can't keep making excuses for the staff. This kind of predicament isn't a flash-in-the-pan fluke- it's the confluence of a lot of bad developments. I'd say let's warm up the "wait for next year" bus but we've been riding it since the spring of 2014.

So many people worried and not much to substantiate it. Is he currently at SU? No. Does he have to be right now? No. Has the fall semester started? No. I think some have become so accustomed to bad news that they just assume that this will turn out poorly as well. It's turning into the football board. Relax and enjoy the last few weeks of summer. As Bob Marley said, "Every little thing, gonna be alright".

I'm sure some will lambast this post as overreacting, but the safer bet at this point is NIT. That's not to say the current roster isn't capable of making the dance, but we all know Boeheim is not going to be willing to change the script.

To be honest, whether we're talking NIT or out the first weekend in the NCAAs, the fact is we're setting up for another disappointing year. At some point we can't keep making excuses for the staff. This kind of predicament isn't a flash-in-the-pan fluke- it's the confluence of a lot of bad developments. I'd say let's warm up the "wait for next year" bus but we've been riding it since the spring of 2014.
You are overreacting.

What script should Boeheim change? Play more people because he might be down another player? That makes no sense. Or is it the "play Villanova style ball" nonsense being spewed about. How Igorish of you to suggest SU could make the tourney if only JB would adhere to your crackpot suggestion of changing his entire system.

How is it a "fact" we are setting up for another disappointing year? Because you believe Diagne won't make it here. Because you think SU won't do well? Those aren't facts.

Doesn't sound like you are waiting for anything to unleash on the staff before the first game is played.

FrancoPizza said:
I'm sure some will lambast this post as overreacting, but the safer bet at this point is NIT. That's not to say the current roster isn't capable of making the dance, but we all know Boeheim is not going to be willing to change the script. To be honest, whether we're talking NIT or out the first weekend in the NCAAs, the fact is we're setting up for another disappointing year. At some point we can't keep making excuses for the staff. This kind of predicament isn't a flash-in-the-pan fluke- it's the confluence of a lot of bad developments. I'd say let's warm up the "wait for next year" bus but we've been riding it since the spring of 2014.

You're correct. You're overreacting.

2010: #1 seed. Top 15 recruiting class.

2012: #1 seed.

2013: #11 ranked recruiting class

2014: 25-0 start to the season. Ranked #1.

2015: #12 recruiting class

2016: Tyus Battle.

Is that a confluence of a lot of good developments?

Life is all peaks and valleys.

Settle down, sir. Even with his struggles, last season would have been a 20+ win season with a healthy Chris McCullough. The staff got the talent we needed; there's nothing they can do about injuries. And it's way way too early to say this season is shaping up to be a disappointment. Let's maybe wait until we see a single game?

LOL. That's an interesting way to say that we've had ONE down year(after a disappointing finish the previous year).

Let's maybe wait until we see a single game?
My 30,000 foot view is simply: it would be nice to go into a season with some buzz and reasonably high expectations instead of hoping we'll surprise. We haven't had that alpha mentality for awhile. Fan bases of elite programs should expect an occasional down year, but how many suffer back-to-back years of irrelevance? If we're in the NIT again or get bounced as an 11 seed in the NCAAs... it places a tremendous amount of pressure to exercise the demons in 2016-17.

If you're holding out hope for a top-25 caliber team this year, I suppose we'll quickly have a decent barometer in Atlantis. All I know is the frontcourt is in crisis mode and we still have a chucker who can't finish or fast break, so I'm not going to get my hopes up.

Last edited:
2010: #1 seed. Top 15 recruiting class.

2012: #1 seed.

2013: #11 ranked recruiting class

2014: 25-0 start to the season. Ranked #1.

2015: #12 recruiting class

2016: Tyus Battle.

Is that a confluence of a lot of good developments?

Life is all peaks and valleys.
Orange-tinted statistics there. 2014 was a hindenburg flameout. Without Diagne, the 2015 class is in the 20-25 range (not elite). We need to have top 10 classes every year if we're going to be a serious contender with Duke year-in, year-out. That's just reality. We can't B&M when things don't fall our way, because happens. Duke has attrition but they manage to weather the storm.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom