Did anyone notice that we have 10 conference wins? | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Did anyone notice that we have 10 conference wins?

Yes. Still not good

I don't know about "not good." I agree that the league is top heavy with UVA, UNC & Duke, and that the bottom is pretty bad, but I think us being in the middle, is just that...not that good...not that bad.

We have 10 wins in the conference...fact. Another fact; 7 of our wins have been against teams with a combined conference record of 25-78, or .321 winning percentage.

I'm saying the teams aren't good. Getting in the tournament is nice. Not all college basketball seasons are created equal.
You need to be happy to get into the tournament like we're Northwestern or something.
If it was the ‘80s, you two and the rest of the Cherry Picker Club would be whining about getting knocked out early. People like you always find something to complain about. You were probably predicting an early exit in 2003 after we got smoked by UConn in the conference tournament. Probably turned off the TV when we fell behind against Oklahoma State. I wouldn’t be surprised if you qualified the title by stating we got lucky because we played a bunch of teams from the Big 12. Your myopic observations regarding this decade are just as nonsensical.

Yeah and we lost 13 games. And this year we got beat up by UB and Old Dominion at home. Get this crap outta here. 2 weeks doesn't make up for 4 months of struggles. Just go look at the damn AP poll, we are top 10 in resources and aren't even getting a single vote in the top 25. Haven't finished the reg season in the top 25 in 5 years now. We squeak in as literally the last team into the tourney and managed to flummox a couple teams in the tourney that don't see the zone and now the season is a big success. Congrats on lowering your standards.
Buffalo will definitely make the tournament and ODU is in position to do the same. Check the metrics, those aren’t bad losses. We only have one Q3 loss. One.

Losing 10+ games is becoming more common in college hoops across the board.

We didn’t have a healthy PG during preseason practices. Set the team back and didn’t allow them to jell. Now we only have one PG and he hasn’t fully recovered. Neither has Sidibe.

Still, go back to each time we had a week off between games. The improvement the next game was noticeable, especially against Louisville. We’re not the same team that lost to Buffalo and ODU.

We played Duke twice, UNC and UVa which is 4 games against the top 3 teams. This is the exact same number of games Duke will play against the top 3 teams. Yes we were 1-3 in those games but their schedule against the top 3 teams is essentially the same as ours. Duke will most likely go 2-2 versus these teams.
lol. A little unfair since Duke can't play Duke. You're comparing us playing 3 teams and Duke playing 2 teams.

If it was the ‘80s, you two and the rest of the Cherry Picker Club would be whining about getting knocked out early. People like you always find something to complain about. You were probably predicting an early exit in 2003 after we got smoked by UConn in the conference tournament. Probably turned off the TV when we fell behind against Oklahoma State. I wouldn’t be surprised if you qualified the title by stating we got lucky because we played a bunch of teams from the Big 12. Your myopic observations regarding this decade are just as nonsensical.
You have a picture of daredevil as your avatar. That's all I have to say.

We didn't get lucky, we recruited the best player in the country. Now we're recruiting middle of the ACC recruits and finishing in the middle of the ACC. I'm not whining, that's just the way it is unless you're blind. Do you think that we're going to be better next year than this year? I'm pretty certain that's not going to happen, so do I then need to be happy again if we sneak in as team #68?

We didn't get lucky, we recruited the best player in the country. Now we're recruiting middle of the ACC recruits and finishing in the middle of the ACC. I'm not whining, that's just the way it is unless you're blind. Do you think that we're going to be better next year than this year? I'm pretty certain that's not going to happen, so do I then need to be happy again if we sneak in as team #68?
We thought we were getting Darius Bazley.

For those of you who haven't done it, read the writeup of JB radio show last night.
It might surprise you to know he understands exactly what has, or hasn't, happened in the last few years.

lol. A little unfair since Duke can't play Duke. You're comparing us playing 3 teams and Duke playing 2 teams.

I was replying to someone who said we had an easier schedule because we didn't have to play UNC and Virginia H/H. My point was that our schedule against the top teams was just as difficult as Duke's (even if we played 3 teams versus 2). BTW life isn't fair, lol.

I was replying to someone who said we had an easier schedule because we didn't have to play UNC and Virginia H/H. My point was that our schedule against the top teams was just as difficult as Duke's (even if we played 3 teams versus 2). BTW life isn't fair, lol.
I'm sure that the other ACC teams that saw us play Clemson, BC, and Pitt twice certainly believe live is not fair. lol

For those of you who haven't done it, read the writeup of JB radio show last night.
It might surprise you to know he understands exactly what has, or hasn't, happened in the last few years.

It’s almost like the guy might actually care about the program a billion times more than any of us, but that can’t actually be the case can it?

These are your words:

Not ignoring our success, huh? Your argument is, "Take away the highs and focus on everything else." My argument is, "All things considered, this has been a great decade." You won't see me using any language about ignoring anything that's happened, good or bad. Your entire premise depends on it.

How can I judge a program by decades? Because that's how it's done. And not just in sports. I Love the '80s. That '70s Show. More importantly, you don't seem to understand what a decade actually represents. 2009 wasn't this decade, it was last decade.

All things considered, we've been one of the better teams this decade. A media outlet devised a point scale and analyzed every program. Syracuse ranked 10th. That's taking everything into account.
You’re arguing semantics and trying to claim stuff that happened 7, 10 years ago has any bearing in the current program. Things are far different than 2009 or 2013. Different league, different staff, different landscape, etc.

I’m focusing on our current situation and our current status in our current league. What happened in 2013 or 2010 is part of our history, very strong and successful parts. I’m not ignoring those runs or seasons, I’m saying that they have no impact on where we are currently. Those aren’t part of “the big picture”. We need to look forward and improve our standing. We need to appreciate the past, but that’s not something that’ll improve the program.

You’re arguing semantics and trying to claim stuff that happened 7, 10 years ago has any bearing in the current program. Things are far different than 2009 or 2013. Different league, different staff, different landscape, etc.

I’m focusing on our current situation and our current status in our current league. What happened in 2013 or 2010 is part of our history, very strong and successful parts. I’m not ignoring those runs or seasons, I’m saying that they have no impact on where we are currently. Those aren’t part of “the big picture”. We need to look forward and improve our standing. We need to appreciate the past, but that’s not something that’ll improve the program.
Our current situation includes a recent Final Four, which doesn't count in your mind. You have a funny way of showing your appreciation.

I'm saying the teams aren't good. Getting in the tournament is nice. Not all college basketball seasons are created equal.
We might not be great, but we’re certainly good.

We might not be great, but we’re certainly good.

Yeah this team is definitely not good. It is the very definition of mediocre. There is not a single thing that this team does exceptionally. Not one.

Some mods said this would be the big year!
So just curious! How many will accept the ACC money in exchange knowing SU will never win another championship in our lifetime?
Overall how many would rather be Villanova?

Some mods said this would be the big year!
So just curious! How many will accept the ACC money in exchange knowing SU will never win another championship in our lifetime?
Overall how many would rather be Villanova?

Being Villanova wasn't an option if we wanted to keep football. Be intelligent.

Anyone who says they are happy with how this season has played out is either a liar or someone who is content with consistent mediocrity. It's a good thing that we played so many god-awful ACC teams so that we are able to get a shot to even play in the NCAA tournament this year.

10 conference wins is solid but the schedule was favorable for us, should've had 12 IMO. But if we had taken care of nonconference schedule we could've had a bid locked up with the Duke win

Our current situation includes a recent Final Four, which doesn't count in your mind. You have a funny way of showing your appreciation.
Seriously, what are you talking about? It doesn’t count? Or I don’t care. Or I don’t appreciate it. Adios. All I’ve said and will continue to say is that a nice postseason run is just that. A nice run we all appreciate and loved. The entire body of work over the past 5 years shows where we are as a program. Those are two separate thoughts, something you seem incapable of understanding or respecting.

It also seems to me that you think that one run is all that needs to be considered when looking at our recent history and current status in the ACC.