Did the WVU AD get discussed today? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Did the WVU AD get discussed today?

He may want to play Pitt each year and he may think Pitt will want to play them, but I think it is extremely unlikely that is going to happen, for the same reasons Penn State will not play Pittsburgh each year anymore. The main one is that Pitt now has a huge recruiting advantage over WVU and can only marginalize it by playing the Mountaineers and possibly losing to them.

The schools that could do the most to help get WVU into the ACC are SU and Pitt. You don't attack people that can help you, at least not in public. If UConn or Rutgers gets into the ACC someday instead of WVU, these comments may have played a role in it. Though I have to say, I don't think WVU gets into the ACC unless the SEC takes 3 ACC schools first.
If the time comes where he needs a reference from SU/Pitt, he just pulls an Emily Littella: "Never mind."

I read the comments as saying more about WVU's commitment to trying to build up the Big East viability post Pitt/SU. JB did the same thing after BC left for the Acc. If true, his feelings on SU/Pitt are more telling about the problems that WVU is facing in the post-Pitt/SU Big East in building football. It appears their short term options may indeed be limited beause it would be foolish for an AD to lob bombs if they were indeed thinking of switching conferences.

I read the comments as saying more about WVU's commitment to trying to build up the Big East viability post Pitt/SU. JB did the same thing after BC left for the Acc. If true, his feelings on SU/Pitt are more telling about the problems that WVU is facing in the post-Pitt/SU Big East in building football. It appears their short term options may indeed be limited beause it would be foolish for an AD to lob bombs if they were indeed thinking of switching conferences.

I agree. I know all the SEC rumors are swirling tonight, but Luck sounds like a guy who had the SEC slam a door in his face.

As someone who did some tailgating and watched the pre-game scene for Navy - Air Force (before coming home to watch that SU - Rutgers game, good call), I'll have to say it was a pretty cool thing watching everyone march through the streets into the game. And I remember at the time thinking these poor kids who are making these sacrifices and working so hard are going to have to go to Morgantown and have beer thrown at them by hillbillies with mouth fungus who are angry that it's their new conference opponent.

And now their AD has all but setup the scenario.

This WVU situation would be so much funnier if they were stuck with Stewart as head coach this year. But the AD got his last name's worth on how that played out.

Luck, the WVU AD said today that he would gladly take Air Force and Navy over SU. Must be he knows they have a B12 invite now and he can talk sheet.

He would have said that at a point WVU did NOT have an offer; that's why he would be so sour grapes. Those who have a seat at the table don't need to talk . If he gets into the SEC this week, you can bet he will be polite as hell to the Big East. Book it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom