Dino’s post game presser is worth watching. Great stuff | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Dino’s post game presser is worth watching. Great stuff

bUt fIrE dInO bAbErS

He isn't perfect but he's our coach and I love him. I think we're on the right track again and proud of this team. They haven't given up on one play all year and have been in every game. That speaks overall to his ability to coach these kids up. Let's go Orange.

Now the key is to restructure his deal. Add years and reduce the buyout for both parties is what will most likely happen.
Why would Dino’s agent go for a reduced buyout when Dino is thisclose to a hot seat or another losing record.
I am not sure this would be in either parties best interest.

Alford, Hatcher, Gadsden could have played for just about anyone.

There was a hole in the middle.

For as much as people don’t want to believe this, Syracuse is an extremely tough place to recruit. 20,000 empty seats doesn’t help.

There is definite talent here. Those guys outside and then guys like Courtney and Trebor in the slot, the future is bright at the WR position.

Alford will be the next Custis. Dude has some deficiencies, but he has straight line speed and is learning to go up and get the football. Those are the 2 primary ingredients to be the #1 WR in the old Babers attack. It took Custis years to get there, Alford has the benefit of a free year to learn.

Fascinating part will be to see what this offense looks like when committed to a run first game plan around Schrader and Tucker with an offseason to prepare for it. Makes recruiting fascinating to follow, see if the things we knew about what the staff targeted remain the same in what looks like an offense shifting to run 1st.

There is definite talent here. Those guys outside and then guys like Courtney and Trebor in the slot, the future is bright at the WR position.

Alford will be the next Custis. Dude has some deficiencies, but he has straight line speed and is learning to go up and get the football. Those are the 2 primary ingredients to be the #1 WR in the old Babers attack. It took Custis years to get there, Alford has the benefit of a free year to learn.

Fascinating part will be to see what this offense looks like when committed to a run first game plan around Schrader and Tucker with an offseason to prepare for it. Makes recruiting fascinating to follow, see if the things we knew about what the staff targeted remain the same in what looks like an offense shifting to run 1st.
Mang will be a better Elmore, who can put a crushing block on someone. But he also will be a part of the offense. He has 2 real years of experience in American football.
As he gets more comfortable he will be a real weapon in the receiving game. A former volleyball player with long arms should have a large catch radius.

Mang will be a better Elmore, who can put a crushing block on someone. But he also will be a part of the offense. He has 2 real years of experience in American football.
As he gets more comfortable he will be a real weapon in the receiving game. A former volleyball player with long arms should have a large catch radius.

I agree. I want to see the jump pass again with his frame at the goal line.

It is, the point of a game thread after all. It’s the bachelor party equivalent of a wedding. If you want to go bowling with other couples for your bachelor party then don’t read game threads. Pretty simple stuff and silly we’re even talking about it.
my bachelor party golf got rained out so we went bowling to kill time (also, i love bowling - i'm only good at sports that aren't sports. there was some family with two little kids bowling nearby so we all put down money on which kid would win. they were both terrible and it came down to the final frame. family had no idea why everyone went crazy when the one wobbly pin decided it.

Not necessarily, although I want at least six wins, there is always the possibility that we could make a bowl with five wins.
Oh yeah totally and with the way the ACC is this year who knows who else will even be eligible. One would think if we did go to a bowl with 5 wins that means we lose out and can’t imagine we’d have much luster. Would be great to get to 6 or 7 wins

I’m just saying that press conference reminded me a lot of Shafers after we went 3-0 with all the chest pounding and anyone who doubted was an idiot. We all know how that year turned out.

I love the last two wins but to me beating a BC team that hasn’t won an ACC game this year doesn’t quite make up for the embarrassment of losing to Rutgers, winning one game last year and all the odd clock management decisions. Winning one more would be great, two more wins and I’ll be fully back on the Dino train

That’s why they are called predictions. Thankfully things didn’t end up that way but to act like it was a forgone conclusion to be where we are now is foolish
That's just it. People making predictions like that as if they're foregone conclusions should step back and realize there's a good chance they're going too far. I suppose, though, in this world where every talking head in sports media has to make outlandish claims on a daily basis so they can claim they made some amazing prediction before anyone else, it's the way the general populace will view and talk about sports too.

I just want to publicly admit I was wrong for calling for Dino’s job earlier in the season. The penalties, poor clock management and some other decisions drove me crazy. It was inpatient and short sighted of me.

The most significant point of Babers’ statements to me is the idea that the players don’t want to let people down. There was a thread on here a couple of weeks ago in which the poster theorized the players have to “learn how to win.”
I don’t think that’s it at all.

I don’t think teams or players forget how to win. I think they lose the need to be accountable to their team. When a team is struggling, it’s too easy for a kid to look around when he makes a mistake and say, “Well, I’m not the only one. Everybody is messing up too.” But at some point, when a team has the right chemistry and leadership, a kid will do everything in his power to not mess up because he doesn’t want to let his teammates and coaches down. That’s not learning to win, it’s learning to be accountable. A beautiful thing in sports, and in life.

The most significant point of Babers’ statements to me is the idea that the players don’t want to let people down. There was a thread on here a couple of weeks ago in which the poster theorized the players have to “learn how to win.”
I don’t think that’s it at all.

I don’t think teams or players forget how to win. I think they lose the need to be accountable to their team. When a team is struggling, it’s too easy for a kid to look around when he makes a mistake and say, “Well, I’m not the only one. Everybody is messing up too.” But at some point, when a team has the right chemistry and leadership, a kid will do everything in his power to not mess up because he doesn’t want to let his teammates and coaches down. That’s not learning to win, it’s learning to be accountable. A beautiful thing in sports, and in life.
That's what having leadership, and a QB willing to do whatever it takes to win. The receiver Jackson said when he saw Shader jump to get a TD at the goal line, he was all in. Said he never saw a QB do that before.

I just want to publicly admit I was wrong for calling for Dino’s job earlier in the season. The penalties, poor clock management and some other decisions drove me crazy. It was inpatient and short sighted of me.
It's gotta get fixed. Can't throw away wins every year. I'm still on board but like chips preferences it's a continuum not binary

The stuff about BC defenders making move calls was priceless.

Completely in line with what I’d expect a Schiano acolyte to teach his players.
When he yelled "MOVE" and he had to apologize because he startled the journalists, I cracked up

When he yelled "MOVE" and he had to apologize because he startled the journalists, I cracked up
It reminded me of the making everyone close their eyes moment. As long as we win, these crazy cat moments are fine lol.

I won’t apologize for calling for it….he still had a lot to prove and he still needs to fix some things.

Im good with him coming back next year, but he absolutely needs to make a bowl game still and continue a run of bowl games.

I also want him to work on the clock management issues. I would assume, like many of the other things, he will work on this in the off season….and I want us to hire a ST coordinator. I know many of you say we really don’t need it……but I wonder how many of those close 1 possession games that we lost season would have been flipped if we had a dedicated ST coordinator to work on the lack of hangtime in punting, Szmyts FG slump etc

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom