Dino’s post game presser is worth watching. Great stuff | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Dino’s post game presser is worth watching. Great stuff

I won’t apologize for calling for it….he still had a lot to prove and he still needs to fix some things.

Im good with him coming back next year, but he absolutely needs to make a bowl game still and continue a run of bowl games.

I also want him to work on the clock management issues. I would assume, like many of the other things, he will work on this in the off season….and I want us to hire a ST coordinator. I know many of you say we really don’t need it……but I wonder how many of those close 1 possession games that we lost season would have been flipped if we had a dedicated ST coordinator to work on the lack of hangtime in punting, Szmyts FG slump etc
Definitely agree about a special teams coach for sure.

my bachelor party golf got rained out so we went bowling to kill time (also, i love bowling - i'm only good at sports that aren't sports. there was some family with two little kids bowling nearby so we all put down money on which kid would win. they were both terrible and it came down to the final frame. family had no idea why everyone went crazy when the one wobbly pin decided it.

i need to frame this post

I won’t apologize for calling for it….he still had a lot to prove and he still needs to fix some things.

Im good with him coming back next year, but he absolutely needs to make a bowl game still and continue a run of bowl games.

I also want him to work on the clock management issues. I would assume, like many of the other things, he will work on this in the off season….and I want us to hire a ST coordinator. I know many of you say we really don’t need it……but I wonder how many of those close 1 possession games that we lost season would have been flipped if we had a dedicated ST coordinator to work on the lack of hangtime in punting, Szmyts FG slump etc
Definitely need a special teams coach, also need to get back to kickers like Hof who could kickoff, punt, and kick field goals, so if someone slumps, they don't kill the team.

I still don’t get why some of you think the special teams units like the punter don’t get any coaching. Each unit has a coach. What should be said is the asst coach that is also coaching the punt team should be replaced. Dino is likely to give all specials to one asst like he has in the past, but that asst will have other assignments too. He needs to find a position coach that has a background in specials like lustig did.

I still don’t get why some of you think the special teams units like the punter don’t get any coaching. Each unit has a coach. What should be said is the asst coach that is also coaching the punt team should be replaced. Dino is likely to give all specials to one asst like he has in the past, but that asst will have other assignments too. He needs to find a position coach that has a background in specials like lustig did.

Right, that’s what we’re saying….we need to have a guy that specializes in it

We currently have no one that does that.

Generally your main coaches in football are..

Head Coach
Offensive Coordinator
Defensive Coordinator
Special Teams Coordinator
Position Coaches

We need to hire someone in the off season who is dedicated to special teams

Right, that’s what we’re saying….we need to have a guy that specializes in it

We currently have no one that does that.

Generally your main coaches in football are..

Head Coach
Offensive Coordinator
Defensive Coordinator
Special Teams Coordinator
Position Coaches

We need to hire someone in the off season who is dedicated to special teams

i don’t know if we’ve ever had someone dedicated to just specials. Not under Dino at least. Lustig had a long background of coaching specials but he was also the receivers coach and Asst HC.

i don’t know if we’ve ever had someone dedicated to just specials. Not under Dino at least. Lustig had a long background of coaching specials but he was also the receivers coach and Asst HC.

Either way, without him here, we’ve seen some scary things on special teams and we need to get someone in there to help out in my opinion

our specials didnt suck like this year lustic was the coach, thats what we need to get back too

our specials didnt suck like this year lustic was the coach, thats what we need to get back too

I don't even think we need good special teams, just average and not awful would be fine

Either way, without him here, we’ve seen some scary things on special teams and we need to get someone in there to help out in my opinion
Specs has always been led by position coaches. For instance being a defensive coor I have always been responsible for punt return so I know that unit just as well or better than our special teams coach. I control that unit. Most college guys have coached multiple units. Cuse specs (certain units) are down this year. I dont know why but it could be a matter of sharpening up what they do, changing some tecniques or schemes.

Some of the units have been good. As for the other units it could be chemistry, technique issues etc.. Sometimes its the players you have. They might be off for whatever reason. Its not always coaching. Vandy's specials is worse than ours this year. Is that because of Lustig's bad coaching?

Some of the units have been good. As for the other units it could be chemistry, technique issues etc.. Sometimes its the players you have. They might be off for whatever reason. Its not always coaching. Vandy's specials is worse than ours this year. Is that because of Lustig's bad coaching?
that is a fair point but a 5 star punter has the yips and walk on kicker and holder have issues, the blocking on returns sans td saturday has been poor all year. The coverage teams are good

Alford, Hatcher, Gadsden could have played for just about anyone.

There was a hole in the middle.

For as much as people don’t want to believe this, Syracuse is an extremely tough place to recruit. 20,000 empty seats doesn’t help
SU sold 65% of its tickets'
Lou sold 65% of its tickets
pitt sold 69% of its tickets
Gt sold 75% of its tickets

wake only has 31K so we had more people than they did

ND had 10K of empty seats for its game vs UNC.. thats something i didnt expect.

that is a fair point but a 5 star punter has the yips and walk on kicker and holder have issues, the blocking on returns sans td saturday has been poor all year. The coverage teams are good
has it been bad blocking or good kicking? I havent seen many returnable punts no matter what we wanted to happen

Most 5 stars dont play up to expectations. Do you think the staff is teaching him bad techniques or something? Do you think Lustig would have made a difference in his kicking? Because he is not a kick expert I can tell you that.

Most 5 stars dont play up to expectations. Do you think the staff is teaching him bad techniques or something? Do you think Lustig would have made a difference in his kicking? Because he is not a kick expert I can tell you that.
he needs mr miyagis crane kick

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom