Dino can't recruit QBs. The OL OL OL crowd is on meth. | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Dino can't recruit QBs. The OL OL OL crowd is on meth.

His career record is 59-59 and 0-3 on bowl games. He couldn’t win at Miami. How do you think he can win at SU? He would be an absolutely horrible hire. White would not be much better. Wildhack is not serious about winning if he hires either of these guys. Diaz couldn’t win at Miami either. Wildhack is once again thinking old school.

Miami seems to be a Miami problem, lots of coaches seem to underperform.

At one point in life he was the recruiting wiz kid of our "footprint." (Shaq sized foot).

Jones has a brace on his knee that's huge. Not sure why they bother.
Not like there was a promising freshman wideout who has pretty much disappeared in Gill who could be getting snaps

Or Donovan Brown over Hatcher

Well, from pretty good sources, we are looking at 2 D.C.'s as the leaders in the club house.

I'd rather have a guy with a background of developing offensive linemen. It's the one thing that has consistently held us back over the last 20 years. The few times we have a competent line, we can compete.

I think you're confusing Hatcher and Jones.

Look, Hatcher's asked to do more than he's capable of right now, but there is something there. He's the one guy this season that other than one game has consistently been involved in the passing game somewhat.

Jones had a good first two games and has disappeared.
Hatcher is not an ACC receiver. His inability to hang onto that pass was the play of the game. It’s the second time this year (Purdue) that he caused an interception because the DB took the ball right out of his hands. Jones is also useless. He hasn’t done anything since game two. We don’t have a single player on this team that has a combination of speed and power. David Hale said it best. There is no talent on this team, at least on the offensive side of the ball.

No I’m not. Jones got injured, again. Same thing as last season.
Jones's doesn't have an issue with being too small. You said he weighs 14 lbs.

Miami seems to be a Miami problem, lots of coaches seem to underperform.

At one point in life he was the recruiting wiz kid of our "footprint." (Shaq sized foot).
I think to be fair, and I’m in no way characterizing his time at Miami a success, but he did inherit a program that was on probation and had self imposed bowl bans the first two seasons he was there. So I’m sure that hampered his ability to recruit right out of the gate.

There are X's and O's coaches, and technical development coaches. XO guys love XO coaches. They fall flat on their backsides if positional coaches aren't technical development guys...

Gimme an oline coach - that isn't afraid of air raid, spread, whatever. Just well coached lines. XO's means nothing without well coached lines- and incorporating that into the scheme.

This is frustrating.

This is where I am at 100%. Without an effective offensive line, the rest of the team will eventually break down.

Hatcher is not an ACC receiver.
I don't think that's accurate.

He's being asked to do more than he's capable of right now.

But there is talent there. He's a young guy that's still developing. He's going to get better.

Contrast that with former board favorite Alford, for example, who continues to disappear and is the same player he's been for years.

But there is talent there. He's a young guy that's still developing. He's going to get better.

Getting better? I just don’t think that is possible with this staff.

It’s as dumb as playing zone and shooting long twos in basketball. Only at Syracuse do we try to do things the way they were done in the 90’s FFS.

Even Air Raid offenses need a good offensive line, or else receivers don't have enough time to get downfield into their patterns.

So if I read the tea leaves correctly it appears JW wants to go back all in on meathead ball.

Defense doesn't win in college football when everyone who is any good averages over 30 points a game. That doesn't mean you still don't need good line play.

Defense doesn't win in college football when everyone who is any good averages over 30 points a game. That doesn't mean you still don't need good line play.
Funny two of the top coaches in football have defensive roots and still have solid offenses. The fact is the head coach can come from either side of the ball .. .who cares? The rubber will meet the road when the rest of the staff is formed. Sometimes I think we lose the forest from the trees when the program spirals in free fall.

Even Air Raid offenses need a good offensive line, or else receivers don't have enough time to get downfield into their patterns.
It’s easier to overcome bad line play with a good QB and good receiver than it is to find 15 farm bred descendants of Scandinavia from the upper Midwest. Throwing gives you a chance against everyone. Running will just lead to losing by less.

I swear the worst thing that happened to this Giant fan infested fan base was winning 3 meathead Super Bowls against one of the best offenses of the 1990’s and against the best QB of all time. The sht that works in the NFL doesn’t work here.

Mike Leach had unprecedented success at Texas tech and Washington State because his offensive lines were so good in those conferences?

They bought time for wr with wide splits where DE had to go farther and they get the ball out fast

Also, throwing all day in practice means more reps doing doing one thing well

Funny two of the top coaches in football have defensive roots and still have solid offenses. The fact is the head coach can come from either side of the ball .. .who cares? The rubber will meet the road when the rest of the staff is formed. Sometimes I think we lose the forest from the trees when the program spirals in free fall.
If we were Alabama, I would want to use an Alabama style approach where you don't have to concede any tradeoffs

They just hire ten offensive assistants better than anyone we will ever get