Dino can't recruit QBs. The OL OL OL crowd is on meth. | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Dino can't recruit QBs. The OL OL OL crowd is on meth.

Yeah tell UGA, Bama, Clemson, Michigan, OSU … meh what’s the point? The fact is you guys can be dismissive of defensive tacticians all you wish, they don’t know how to win :rolleyes:
You are so close.

So close.

Yeah tell UGA, Bama, Clemson, Michigan, OSU … meh what’s the point? The fact is you guys can be dismissive of defensive tacticians all you wish, they don’t know how to win :rolleyes:

We aren't ever going to be like UGA - Bama - Clemson - Michigan - OSU not in talent - money - coaching staffs nothing we do will resemble those programs. They can win with defense because they have NFL talent at ever position we wont and never will

Are you a perfect ai ultimate meathead

LOL ... I'm not the one stuck on a brand of football that can win at the elite level .. keep avoiding the question. Cool story though. You can save your remaining meathead tropes if you aren't willing to address the point directly go waste your time arguing with someone else.

We aren't ever going to be like UGA - Bama - Clemson - Michigan - OSU not in talent - money - coaching staffs nothing we do will resemble those programs. They can win with defense because they have NFL talent at ever position we wont and never will

Talent level is a separate issue ... but ironically most of the NFL level talent we have generated of recent late plays defense .. weird.

LOL ... I'm not the one stuck on a brand of football that can win at the elite level .. keep avoiding the question. Cool story though. You can save your remaining meathead tropes if you aren't willing to address the point directly go waste your time arguing with someone else.
I can be direct.

Talking about the lack of air raid national championships is hilariously dumb because that isn't a consideration for us

Factories win national championships and factories have good reasons to be more conventional on offense

I can be direct.

Talking about the lack of air raid national championships is hilariously dumb because that isn't a consideration for us

Factories win national championships and factories have good reasons to be more conventional on offense
I’ll speak slow so you can understand.

There
Is
A
Reason
Tier
Teams
Don’t
Run
Air Raid
Because
It
Isnt
The
Advantage
You
Think
It
Is

I can be direct.

Worse yet you give two top offensive examples in another thread with air raid and neither is above .500

I’ll speak slow so you can understand.

There
Is
A
Reason
Tier
Teams
Don’t
Run
Air Raid
Because
It
Isnt
The
Advantage
You
Think
It
Is
I agree. We are not a factory and never will be

You asked for direct. Ohio State can afford to not run the air raid which I fully admit limits how good your defense will be. We are not a factory and our defense will always be up and down whether you like it or not

Direct. Simply imitating factories while not being a factory is not smart.

I agree. We are not a factory and never will be

You asked for direct. Ohio State can afford to not run the air raid which I fully admit limits how good your defense will be. We are not a factory and our defense will always be up and down whether you like it or not
I’m well aware however I am not the one ruling out a coaching option because of what side of the ball he built his career on. I want the best guy possible whether it be O or D. I don’t however want to lock myself into an offensive style that could limit my recruiting options or effectiveness. That is where we differ.

Give me all those air raid national champions … don’t worry I’ll wait. I can tell you how many had elite defenses though. Keep clinging to gimmicks.

I like having a great defense, but you still need to be able to score points to win. We play in a dome. Use it.

I think it’s harder to build a good offense. That’s why I lean towards hiring an offensive guy. You can hire a quality DC to build a good defense.

If you hire a current head coach, he’ll likely bring one or both coordinators with him. If you hire a guy like White who knows what the plan is for the O. And you better have strong OLine coaches who can recruit and develop

Last edited:
I like having a great defense, but you still need to be able to score points to win. We play in a dome. Use it.

I think it’s harder to build a good offense. That’s why I lean towards hiring an offensive guy. You can hire a quality DC to build a good defense.

If you hire a current head coach, he’ll likely bring one or both coordinators with him. If you hire a guy like White who knows what the plan is for the O. And you better have Strong OLineman coaches who can recruit and develop
That’s also fair … I am not ruling out hiring an offensive coach but to rule out a guy completely because he is traditionally a defensive guy is ludicrous… give me the best dude period.

For the third time .. defense travels well ... your adversion to hiring a defensive coach is meathead all unto itself until you know who the coordinators are. Sorry but I want a team that can muster more than 2 points on the road when sporting a "high-powered" offense. It's a matter of consistency, if you aren't scoring the results are compounded.

But it's no longer an era when defenses win championships. Defensive talent, yes, but schemes, not so much. We need a competent offensive line, so that our defense isn't on the field for 40 minutes.

But it's no longer an era when defenses win championships. Defensive talent, yes, but schemes, not so much. We need a competent offensive line, so that our defense isn't on the field for 40 minutes.
So you’ve never seen UGA play?

If you hire a current head coach, he’ll likely bring one or both coordinators with him. If you hire a guy like White who knows what the plan is for the O. And you better have Strong OLineman coaches who can recruit and develop

Guy who develops a good running game, 1,000 yard rushers year after year.
Yes, I think our best chance of winning again as a program is a return to a Pasqualoni style coach who knows how to teach offensive line play.

This is our only path to relevance again; we are not going to "out talent" people at the skills positions, so we MUST have a competent offensive line that can move the ball on the ground. All the rest flows from that.

Yeah Matt, why don't you want to be like Georgia

Or Clemson or Bama or any of the last champions not named LSU of 2019 ... they all have excellent defenses. When you say championship teams that is what they are.

If flinging the ball around the Dome was so simple, I think someone might’ve tried it.

I’d love to see it, but I’m not sure how possible it is within the breadth of our recruiting.

I think our best hope for scheme is what other successful NE teams like BC under Addazio (yes, that’s correct) and Narduzzi at Pitt have done. Essentially they’re pro sets.

Yes, need that O line. Marrone proved it’s possible at SU and BC is a living example.

Will we beat Clemson and FSU? Probably not, but maybe we won’t be embarrassed week in and year out. 7-5 and a bowl Addazio style? I’ll take that right about now.

Great strip clubs, but just too racist.

Tell me you haven't been to Athens without actually saying so ... strip clubs I'll give you ... racist? GTFOH. I lived 20 mins from campus this has to be the most ridiculous thing to cling to.

If flinging the ball around the Dome was so simple, I think someone might’ve tried it.

I’d love to see it, but I’m not sure how possible it is within the breadth of our recruiting.

I think our best hope for scheme is what other successful NE teams like BC under Addazio (yes, that’s correct) and Narduzzi at Pitt have done. Essentially they’re pro sets.

Yes, need that O line. Marrone proved it’s possible at SU and BC is a living example.

Will we beat Clemson and FSU? Probably not, but maybe we won’t be embarrassed week in and year out. 7-5 and a bowl Addazio style? I’ll take that right about now.
Addazio was .500 in the ACC, with some of the lowest recruiting classes in the ACC. A well coached line does that.

Get that right? If you have a guy that can sling it? By all means. If you're recruiting at a lower level, a well coached line/scheme helps balance the scale.

No it doesn't.

In college football defense is an illusion.

Uh yes it does ... which is why a majority of the top defenses in the NCAA are above .500 ... because defense travels well and is a consistent presence even on the road. Ohio is above .500 for crying out loud and a top 20 defense ... not Ohio State but Ohio, we would kill to have their record with our "offensive" guru.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom