Dino can't recruit QBs. The OL OL OL crowd is on meth. | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Dino can't recruit QBs. The OL OL OL crowd is on meth.

Sorry man. Devito is on an active NFL roster, after he lost his Cuse job and went elsewhere. He's certainly lucky, but thats a fact.

I think Babers is a decent recruiter.
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't TD sign as a HS JR w/HCSS?

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't TD sign as a HS JR w/HCSS?
Apologies. Dunno HCSS... He committed to Cuse and then went Elite 11 with Tua and Trevor Lawrence. Cuse was clearly not a good fit for him.

Well, I agree that we 100% should go offense. But from pretty good sources, we are looking at 2 dc's and one of them, is to be frank, ridiculously a bad choice. He doesn't recruit.
I heard of 2 choices (no names, no details) to replace B, but just assumed they were interim choices until a national search was conducted.

Sorry man. Devito is on an active NFL roster, after he lost his Cuse job and went elsewhere. He's certainly lucky, but thats a fact.

I think Babers is a decent recruiter.
DeVito seemed to try super hard to recruit people to SU. Did anyone come bc of him?

DeVito is one of 32 starting QBs in the NFL. He had a great season at Illinois after Babers quit on him.

I think DeVito proves you can recruit QB potential to SU, but Babers doesn't know how to develop it.

For that matter, Shafer & Cdrw proves this too.

Shredder never learned to play within himself. He always made huge mistakes after going for something too extra. Also, his throwing never improved.

CDRW hurts his knee last night on a basic pass, bc of poor form.

or put WR everywhere and get rid of the ball

air raid teams didn't start with OL

They have put our 4 WR's so how many more can they put out? Now it's a 3 WR and a decent TE and it still is failing. I agree with you regarding the QB and OL's but you are missing how poorly these WR's are and have been.

They have put our 4 WR's so how many more can they put out? Now it's a 3 WR and a decent TE and it still is failing. I agree with you regarding the QB and OL's but you are missing how poorly these WR's are and have been.
We are really bad at getting rid of the ball. It's part of the reason why shrader drives me nuts

Last edited:
Is there any time you would have called him a “very good QB” at Syracuse?

He’s in the NFL because of Illinois.
He is in the NFL because he can make all the throws

It's all tools, college had nothing to do with it

And when they had to play him they refused to throw the ball

CDRW comes to CUSE.. what 2 springs ago?
4 star level recruit...very good arm...can run.
How is it 2 seasons at CUSE and he just sucks so bad??
How is it he had a week to prepare for BC and he turns in a performance like this??
Many thought Beck was some kind of QB Yoda and yet both Shrader and CDRW
haven't improved QB skills in the least...and there is tons of room for improvement!!

Just seems to me we have some pigskin emperors with no clothes...

Is Manny Diaz the other defensive coach being rumored? Not Rocky Long?

CDRW comes to CUSE.. what 2 springs ago?
4 star level recruit...very good arm...can run.
How is it 2 seasons at CUSE and he just sucks so bad??
How is it he had a week to prepare for BC and he turns in a performance like this??
Many thought Beck was some kind of QB Yoda and yet both Shrader and CDRW
haven't improved QB skills in the least...and there is tons of room for improvement!!

Just seems to me we have some pigskin emperors with no clothes...
Agree but the recruiting ranking guys also belong in that emperor's group

Well, I agree that we 100% should go offense. But from pretty good sources, we are looking at 2 dc's and one of them, is to be frank, ridiculously a bad choice. He doesn't recruit.
I hope you aren't talking about a really old dude and we do the Shafer from DC to HC thing again.

Dino hasn’t recruited a very good QB in TWELVE YEARS of being a head coach.

Not a single, solitary one.
Devito scared off all the recruits and then hit beat out by a guy who couldn't throw with too much eligibility left

So devito's failure gave us two years of shrader

He had to go to shrader, no choice

I have been saying shrader is bad forever and got ripped for it. How do fans react over dino bringing in a transfer and running him off the team

Devito learns how to throw the ball before 69 Mississippi and everything might be different

Well, from pretty good sources, we are looking at 2 D.C.'s as the leaders in the club house.
If they hire Al Golden, I’m done. He has a 59-59 career record and 0-3 in bowl games. He couldn’t win at Miami, so that should tell you something. He’s another retread that adds nothing to this program. If this is Wildhack’s savior, he should be fired on the spot.

Come on now look at what happened last time we hired a DC (Shafer) and that was such a great choice.
Look at the last itme we hired an Offensive coach! Besides, Shafer recruited better, won a bowl game and if Terrel Hunt doesn't go down he might still be here with Dungey following him. Would have had a better record than Dino the last 8 years. HCSS recruited Eric Dungey, Ervin Phillips, Brisly Estime, Jamal Custis, Steve Ishmael, Zaire Franklin, Donate Strickland, Jordan Fredericks, Aaron Roberts, Chris Slayton and others.
Everybody gave Dino a pass becasue of injuries but nobody gave HCSS one and his were at least as bad as Dino's. Time to quit bashing HCSS and realize Dino's only good year was with Shafer's players.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom