Dino Gets Contract Extension !! | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Dino Gets Contract Extension !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will never understand the mentality of sh#tting on great news. If the time ever comes, you'll have plenty of room and company to moan and groan. But now? All for a possible "I told you so" moment down the line? You have to be a real miserable b#stard to indulge in that kind of thinking.
Maybe some are doing that but I see this as much like a mid-season big win. Take a day to celebrate then get working on the next challenge. If Dino is as successful over the next few years as we're hoping, he'll get some great offers. 'We' need to get working on even more reasons for him to stay.

How about the, " you can't win at Syracuse threads" Money, facilities, private school, weather, ECT... I always felt it was BS and if we got the right guy here he could bring us back, of course I had the advantage of being in the Dome from 87 to 98.

More times than not, I've read here that we shouldn't think about the playoffs. It will never happen.

This will be tested.

Fake news
I did not mean to imply he was definitely getting $4 million per year just that I had someone tell me in the morning that Babers was extending his contract and that was what was said to me in terms of the salary. Then later in the day the extension was announced. Will be curious to see what SU is paying Babers when their financials are released in 2019.

Yup.

I think this contract closes the door on a lateral move. Only 1-2 jobs are going to open up annually that he'd actually consider. The odds are no longer stacked against us. My gut tells me if he leaves its for the NFL.

Well, he has stated publicly and unequivocally that he has absolutely no interest in the NFL. Never has, never will. Feels his coaching style and offensive and defensive philosophies simply don't fit.

Well, he has stated publicly and unequivocally that he has absolutely no interest in the NFL. Never has, never will. Feels his coaching style and offensive and defensive philosophies simply don't fit.

Agree. He is not an NFL coach IMO. Agree though, that the number of jobs he would leave for is now probably closer to 8 than 18. I think that the extension did that. And I also think that there are only maybe 3 that are 100% slam dunks he would take every time. I think that the other 5 or 6 would be decisions he would think on. And that includes USC.

Didn't someone else post a few weeks ago that Paul Finebaum said he wouldn't stay at Syracuse either. Like to hear his thoughts on that today.

Easy. His thoughts are: Alabama, Alabama, Georgia, LSU, Alabama, SEC, Florida, Auburn, Alabama, Tua got robbed of the Heisman, SEC should have 3 teams in the playoffs, Alabama, Alabama, Georgia, Alabama.

I wonder what Dougie is thinking right now?

Easy. His thoughts are: Alabama, Alabama, Georgia, LSU, Alabama, SEC, Florida, Auburn, Alabama, Tua got robbed of the Heisman, SEC should have 3 teams in the playoffs, Alabama, Alabama, Georgia, Alabama.
Actually the SEC should have got 4 teams and 3 NY 6 choices. TUA should get 4 Heismans pre chosen till 21.

Screw the buyout threads..

Lets pick up where we left off with 2019 attendance threads in 2018. We’re about to average 40 a game
Real talk here, does season ticket numbers go up by the thousands? I would expect a solid increase, I wonder how much though? Syracuse community needs to start supporting more. We already have such a homefield advantage with 40k people. But adding that extra 5-7k makes this one of the top 5 hardest places to play in the country IMO. I am hoping that the fair weather fans really start showing up. In my life I’ve never witnessed a sold out carrier dome. And that’s all I ask for. I really hope to see that soon.

Real talk here, does season ticket numbers go up by the thousands? I would expect a solid increase, I wonder how much though? Syracuse community needs to start supporting more. We already have such a homefield advantage with 40k people. But adding that extra 5-7k makes this one of the top 5 hardest places to play in the country IMO. I am hoping that the fair weather fans really start showing up. In my life I’ve never witnessed a sold out carrier dome. And that’s all I ask for. I really hope to see that soon.

I dont know numbers, but between the season, the bowl, the guys coming back, and the extension, gotta think there will be a decent bump. I'd love if it was closer to your 5-7K number than 3-4k. Like I said, I know I am in for 2, as are others here. But not sure if active members of a Syracuse message board is the best barometers. Need the casuals to come back, and need the BIZ community to see SU tickets as valuable to have and toss around again.

If we don't stub our toe early next year you will see one for Clemson next year. I think seasons should see a 2 or 3 k increase. Just a guess on my part.

Realistically i think season tickets will increase 1.5 to 3,000.

Can we start a new thing where all of cny throw
That is about as dead-on a Syracuse accent as you can have. He sounds exactly like my uncle. You know Wildhack is one of us.
It's really a Central New York accent. All the old New York telephone information operators were located in CNY because they could be understood!

I did not mean to imply he was definitely getting $4 million per year just that I had someone tell me in the morning that Babers was extending his contract and that was what was said to me in terms of the salary. Then later in the day the extension was announced. Will be curious to see what SU is paying Babers when their financials are released in 2019.
Relax. I was making a joke.

Contrary to what the free world was saying (read: desperately hoping), Babers is staying at Syracuse. We’re a great fit and a good job - whether others want to believe it or not.

I think Dungey graduating may reduce the number of casual fans signing on.
The Dino factor will supercede ED grad.
Plus the fans have a lot of optimism with Devito. There is a lot of optimism about the program as a whole. Been a long time since we have entered a college football season with this vibe.

Never thought Dino was going anywhere so long as he got a market rate deal.

Everything he needs to achieve his professional goals, he has right here.

The man is adored and owns this town. He can retire here a legend -go match that.

Besides, people are like capital - goes where needed and stays where well-treated.

He will be 58 next year and when he wins a couple if ACC championships he'll be in his early sixties. He will be well set for life and probably won't want to start over somewhere else.

Dino is a very smart guy who knows what he has here.

Besides, the market narrows for a coach with a big buyout looking for 6-7 more years, taking him into his 70's.

Everything he needs to achieve his professional goals, he has right here.

The man is adored and owns this town. He can retire here a legend -go match that.

Besides, the market narrows for a coach with a big buyout looking for 6-7 more years, taking him into his 70's.
Dead on these 3 points. Why leave when you can make the HoF if you stay?

going back to the babers megathreads when he was hired, seemed to be a good consensus that he was the perfect age for us - we thought it increased the chances he'd stay here longer

There are a lot of times where we, as fans, talk ourselves into hires. But I truly believe we all knew that this could be a home run if the hand unfolded properly. Dungey stayed healthy for the most part, and we had a great year.

I really don't think the offense has been optimized yet, though, and our defense was vastly improved minus a propensity to give up big plays.

Really think this program could skyrocket in the next few years if everyone stays put and the Dome renovation goes as planned.

You may see it for a huuuge home game vs Clemson next year. Gameday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom