Dino Gets Contract Extension !! | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Dino Gets Contract Extension !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Essentially "this doesnt mean much in the end, he will still do what he wants"
Isnt that true of every other school aside from a handful of programs?

Seems like a silly point to bring up.

If he's happy here and has a chance to win, that would go a long way. Theres a better path to the playoffs where we sit than there would be in the SEC or. BIG

Actually Dino has spoken quite openly about what motivates him. He wants to win a national championship and is committed to doing that at Syracuse. He wants to see the same level of commitment from everyone associated with the program - athletics administration, university leadership and community. Signing this extension indicates that he has faith that level of commitment exists or is well on its way. As long as he is paid a competitive wage, feels he can attract and retain a strong assistant coaching and support staff, sees a commitment to upgrading facilities and sees the community support the program we have very little to worry about and I can see Dino retiring from Syracuse.

Next big hurdle to come is a major upgrade in student-athlete housing (a pet peeve of his). Funny, when I first heard Dino talk about a National Championship in football I'll admit I rolled my eyes a bit. But having gotten to know John Wildhack and having met a good portion of his staff it is evident they share that commitment. For the first time in years I believe that goal may actually be in reach. Amazing turnaround!

Doug Marrone declared himself a "saint" for getting us to 8-5. What would that make Dino if he got us a second national championship? :confused:

A couple of random thoughts on the extension from Dino's view.

Our side of the division is down. It's Clemson and the 6 dwarves and HCDB probably recognizes there's no better opportunity than right now to win it and realistically get into the playoff; say over the next 3 years.

combine that with the underlying belief the offensive roster will be much better over the next 3 with the QB, RBs and WRs. They'll clean the bone.

It goes without saying things like the OL and Schedule have to align but the playoff is a realistic view right now. The division has become a little less daunting while we're on the rise. The timing is perfect.

This had to play into his mind and it makes me feel pretty good about the roster and where we sit.

Last edited:
There are a lot of times where we, as fans, talk ourselves into hires. But I truly believe we all knew that this could be a home run if the hand unfolded properly. Dungey stayed healthy for the most part, and we had a great year.

I really don't think the offense has been optimized yet, though, and our defense was vastly improved minus a propensity to give up big plays.

Really think this program could skyrocket in the next few years if everyone stays put and the Dome renovation goes as planned.

Talked to a local media guy pre-season. He said that the master plan was built toward 2019 and 2018 was seen as the final rebuild year. Called me after that convo and said that the staff was starting to get the inclination that we may be a year ahead of schedule. Good nes is they were right. Better news is that the expectation of the staff is that there will be a big leap forward next year!

Doug Marrone declared himself a "saint" for getting us to 8-5. What would that make Dino if he got us a second national championship? :confused:
Dougy was off his rocker. 8-5 was a nice season but it was no miracle. And last I checked you need 2 to qualify.

I think the "bad" homes games go from what low 30's to high 30's. the middle games go to low 40's and then clemson/ranked team goes to 45-48k.

I remember when we broke through in the late 80's i felt that not only were we good again but Jake Crouthamel and the rest of the administration would not let things slip the way SU had back in the late 60's and 70's and that we were going to stay good. That was true for awhile...

Right now I have the same feeling about Wildhack. Of course he needs the continuing support of the chancellor and the Board of Trustees. This is also where joining the ACC helps us as we should have the means to keep up with the top schools in the conference. We're still a mid-size private school in a cold, glamorous place in a state that doesn't emphasize the sport the way some other do. But we have Dino and the Dome and he's got the support he needs to be successful. The next few years, at least, should be fun. Now the fans have to step us and fill the Dome. Don't just come to see the opposition. Come to see our team play football the way it ought to be played. Make the renovated Dome "The Loud House".
SU had money. Powers that be, above Jake, would not let him spend it.

When I mentioned how much getting the extension done sooner than later would help recruiting many on here scoffed at the idea. They also scoffed that DB doesn’t talk contracts during the season. I guess I wasn’t far off when reading today’s article...

“The timing of the announcement served a purpose. Babers was motivated to get a deal done before the early signing period Wednesday, when recruits can sign a binding letter of intent.”

I’ll be serving crow for dinner tonight for those that thought I was insane...

When I mentioned how much getting the extension done sooner than later would help recruiting many on here scoffed at the idea. They also scoffed that DB doesn’t talk contracts during the season. I guess I wasn’t far off when reading today’s article...

“The timing of the announcement served a purpose. Babers was motivated to get a deal done before the early signing period Wednesday, when recruits can sign a binding letter of intent.”

I’ll be serving crow for dinner tonight for those that thought I was insane...

I’m guessing humble pie isn’t on the menu. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom