Dino Gets Contract Extension !! | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Dino Gets Contract Extension !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never been so happy about cuse football in my life (I’m 22) we as cuse football fans have had to expect the worst for too
Long so it felt like this somehow would not happen. I am so happy. This is the best news for Syracuse football we could have ever imagined. The future now is stable. This feels like a weight has been lifted off of cuse fans. It feels like we can just focus on football and not about holding onto our fantastic coach. I’m belated !

Better late than never!

John Wildhack and the BOT deserve a ton of credit for getting this done. Those positions have gotten a ton of criticism over the years but they got this one right, thank God.

It is underestimated how important the role the Carrier Dome plays in all of this. It differentiates this program from Pitt, BC, VT, MD, WI etc. The timing of the renovation is an ingredient as well. If the final ingredient (fan support/attendance) can come together, this can be the most difficult place to play in the country. This staff realized it’s potential. (Maybe somebody asked Steve Spurrier his thoughts on the dome.)
Yeah, it's taken us, well, decades really, but we're finally leveraging the Dome the way it could be.

DuQGKzXXgAA7tpl.jpg

Great to see people step up and demonstrate support by purchasing season tickets. Excellent show of solidarity. However if you are likely unable to attend most games a better option might be a contribution to the Orange Club or Athletics Director’s Discretionary Fund. Only a portion of ticket sales goes to the Athletics Department and sold, empty seats don’t help with optics.

Just made a small additional donation to the Athletics Director's fund with the following note under "Why is giving to Syracuse important to you":

My time at Syracuse continues to define me personally and professionally and the friendships I have made as part of the community of Syracuse Athletics are among my most valued. As I get older it is a passion that gets stronger year to year. Making a small, unscheduled gift as a token of appreciation and statement of support of the work John Wildhack and his team are doing and in recognition of the wonderful Christmas gift ensuring that Dino Babers will be at the head of our football program for years.

Just made a small additional donation to the Athletics Director's fund with the following note under "Why is giving to Syracuse important to you":

My time at Syracuse continues to define me personally and professionally and the friendships I have made as part of the community of Syracuse Athletics are among my most valued. As I get older it is a passion that gets stronger year to year. Making a small, unscheduled gift as a token of appreciation and statement of support of the work John Wildhack and his team are doing and in recognition of the wonderful Christmas gift ensuring that Dino Babers will be at the head of our football program for years.
How can I donate to that?

Dino supposedly doesn’t like to talk contracts during the season, right? Possible that JW talked to Dino’s agent, it was a solid offer, and the agent told Dino “You should take a look at this right now?”

I think it was done with the early signing period in mind. Wildhack telegraphed that in his interview with Axe. Otherwise, I'm sure Babers was prepared to wait until after the bowl for the announcement.

How can I donate to that?

Go to cuse.com and click on the "Donate" icon (small gift box) in the banner. You can choose an individual fund or choose AD's Discretionary fund. You can also include comments and a reason for giving. In retrospect I should have mentioned syracusefan.com.

1544710428741.png

In all the excitement I'd like to shout out Mark Coyle who's been trashed on these boards ever since he skipped town.
That hate was warranted but the man brought us Dino Freakin Babers and I am forever grateful for that.

I await the unveiling of the Mark Coyle statue next to Dino's.

We may be a legitimate top 10 team all year next year.

Oh man I am beyond excited for the beatdown we’re about to give Pittsburgh in the Dome

I know, I am tentatively planning my trip for my one game a year and I am torn between Clemson or Pitt in the dome. Clemson will likely be the choice, but I think that the Pitt beatdown could be fun too.

Go to cuse.com and click on the "Donate" icon (small gift box) in the banner. You can choose an individual fund or choose AD's Discretionary fund. You can also include comments and a reason for giving. In retrospect I should have mentioned syracusefan.com.

View attachment 147037

And on an iPhone it’s in the drop down menu located in the upper left corner.

John Wildhack and the BOT deserve a ton of credit for getting this done. Those positions have gotten a ton of criticism over the years but they got this one right, thank God.

It is underestimated how important the role the Carrier Dome plays in all of this. It differentiates this program from Pitt, BC, VT, MD, WI etc. The timing of the renovation is an ingredient as well. If the final ingredient (fan support/attendance) can come together, this can be the most difficult place to play in the country. This staff realized it’s potential. (Maybe somebody asked Steve Spurrier his thoughts on the dome.)

I remember when we broke through in the late 80's i felt that not only were we good again but Jake Crouthamel and the rest of the administration would not let things slip the way SU had back in the late 60's and 70's and that we were going to stay good. That was true for awhile...

Right now I have the same feeling about Wildhack. Of course he needs the continuing support of the chancellor and the Board of Trustees. This is also where joining the ACC helps us as we should have the means to keep up with the top schools in the conference. We're still a mid-size private school in a cold, glamorous place in a state that doesn't emphasize the sport the way some other do. But we have Dino and the Dome and he's got the support he needs to be successful. The next few years, at least, should be fun. Now the fans have to step us and fill the Dome. Don't just come to see the opposition. Come to see our team play football the way it ought to be played. Make the renovated Dome "The Loud House".

We may be a legitimate top 10 team all year next year.

Oh man I am beyond excited for the beatdown we’re about to give Pittsburgh in the Dome

Beat Clemson in the Dome and anything is possible

2019 Syracuse Football Schedule | Future Schedules

By the way- watch our three star recruits become four star recruits now that we're winning. they will be the same guys, just full generals instead of lieutenant generals.

I remember when we broke through in the late 80's i felt that not only were we good again but Jake Crouthamel and the rest of the administration would not let things slip the way SU had back in the late 60's and 70's and that we were going to stay good. That was true for awhile...

Right now I have the same feeling about Wildhack. Of course he needs the continuing support of the chancellor and the Board of Trustees. This is also where joining the ACC helps us as we should have the means to keep up with the top schools in the conference. We're still a mid-size private school in a cold, glamorous place in a state that doesn't emphasize the sport the way some other do. But we have Dino and the Dome and he's got the support he needs to be successful. The next few years, at least, should be fun. Now the fans have to step us and fill the Dome. Don't just come to see the opposition. Come to see our team play football the way it ought to be played. Make the renovated Dome "The Loud House".

They didn’t slip to those levels under Jake. It was never not true. Ridiculous assertion. Football cratered because of intentional decisions by new management

Bad leadership and bad hires by his successors drove the program into the ground

They didn’t slip to those levels under Jake. It was never not true. Ridiculous assertion. Football cratered because of intentional decisions by new management

Bad leadership and bad hires by his successors drove the program into the ground

The decline began in the late 90's, not the mid 2000's. it certainly wasn't just Jake but I felt even he got complacement late in his distinguished tenure here.

Our decline happened because we let facilities decline drastically due to Buzz putting the clamps on Jake.
Jake and P were loyal soldiers who took the decisions like pros. the facilities hurt recruiting and the talent started to dry up.
The ACC move would have given us more money and probably allowed for spending on a football practice facility.
We didn’t move and Jake retired because he didn’t like the Big East hybrid conference.
Cantor and Gross were different from Buzz and were okay with spending.
The problem was Gross wanted to make us USC East which was a nice thought but never going to happen.
Gross got McNabb and some donors to fund the weight room at Manley.
Gross fired P and hired an incompetent boob.
That hire destroyed 15 years of relationships and set us back even more. P didn’t leave much talent but he left more talent than 1 win in 2005.

Our decline happened because of facilities and recruiting. We finally got the Ensley Center and have a coach who has energy to recruit.
Our decline was mainly Gross misreading our situation and making a terrible hire. If P comes back in 2005 we likely go anywhere from 4-7 to 6-5 and continue being mediocre.
We needed fresh facilities and a new coach.
Thankfully we are on the right road now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom