Dino Gets Contract Extension !! | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Dino Gets Contract Extension !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now what? Don't we all want to know details? Salary for how many years.
I get a Cmon man? Really? Right back at ya.

He meant that if you want contract details, you'll have to join the pay side. Cmon man you should know that. ;)

All you complainers happy now? Sheesh. I guess ADJW read this board this morning and said, "I'd better get going on this." :rolleyes:

Yup was it that hard to make this announcement, they just made every Cuse fans Christmas!

PS - thought Dino didn't talk contract during the season?

Edinger after hearing the official word...

tumblr_ogny5udCPy1u1ljrzo1_540.gif

To go from such depths to this. This year reminded me of what life was like in the 90s but I think we can be so much better than even those great teams. Wow. Fall 2019 can’t come here fast enough!

Buyouts don't mean a damned thing if a wealthy school wants a coach. Exhibit 1: Jimbo Fisher had a huge buyout at FSU. It didn't stop aTm from hiring him.
But there are only a select handful of schools that can afford this.

You mean like USC?

Actually, the boosters and donors had it signed, sealed, and delivered for Swann on a silver platter but he wouldn’t do it. It would’ve made him look bad and the school/Swann didn’t want to do it then.

All the serious blowback, Fire Helton signs flown by planes, cancelling of season tickets worked though. Swann did NOT even fathom the potential blowback because he was tone deaf and too busy at Augusta every week. But, the fans, donors’, etc. voices were finally heard with that Kingsbury hire. They had to do something to quell the blowback, bad vibes, and help Helton out (i.e. push him further down the trough).

They ultimately leak out over time. We'll have to wait some.

Not sure leaks and rumors can be trusted. It’s been about 4 hours since the extension was announced. I’ve seen 3 people already who “heard” what the contract was. One here in this thread, one in a DM and one from someone not on this board. All 3 differed.

Not sure leaks and rumors can be trusted. It’s been about 4 hours since the extension was announced. I’ve seen 3 people already who “heard” what the contract was. One here in this thread, one in a DM and one from someone not on this board. All 3 differed.

Who cares about exact dollar figures. Wildhack said market rate so you can approximate it pretty well. The better questions are how many years and what is the buyout.

The only reason to worry about a buyout is if Babers has done well enough for someone to pay that kind of money. That means Division 2 or 3 times or a National Championship. It's okay.

They ultimately leak out over time. We'll have to wait some.

First real data is three years out. You won't have any confirmed information prior to that.

It will be north of $2.4, reasonable guess is somewhere between $3.4 and $3.9M to start, and 4 more years added to the original term with a large buyout the next three years.

Last edited:
The only reason to worry about a buyout is if Babers has done well enough for someone to pay that kind of money. That means Division 2 or 3 times or a National Championship. It's okay.

Not exactly... you also conflate a buyout with what a team would pay in salary. But in reality, there are only a handful or so of programs that can truly just buy him outright from us.

Who cares about exact dollar figures. Wildhack said market rate so you can approximate it pretty well. The better questions are how many years and what is the buyout.

I don’t care about exact dollars. But plenty did in threads a few weeks back.

I thought the University discloses what its top 5 earners make. Whether that would show his entire contract package amount is dubious.

It's top 20 and they disclose W-2/1099 income plus additional income from related sources. ANY compensation that is taxable is disclosed.

I don’t care about exact dollars. But plenty did in threads a few weeks back.

Wasnt directed at you... just trying to make the point the years and buyout are more intriguing info now that the deal is signed. Prior to today, it was how much to get him to sign. That deed is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.