Dino Gets Contract Extension !! | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Dino Gets Contract Extension !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't get your hang up about the timing. It's weird.

Huh???? Don’t know what you’re talking about. I’m replying to someone who thought we will find out his salary now. You just replied to someone for the same reason. Must be you have the same weird hang up.

While this is great news, does it really assure us that he'll be here well into the future? I remember Tom Herman being extended at Houston through 2020. A year later he goes to Texas.
Does the extension just make it harder, and less likely for him to go somewhere else, or do coaches generally stick around through their new contract after an extension?

It's an employment contract for a guy that has a great deal of leverage. How exactly would you "assure" he'll be here well into the future?

Huh???? Don’t know what you’re talking about. I’m replying to someone who thought we will find out his salary now. You just replied to someone for the same reason. Must be you have the same weird hang up.

You keep saying that the data that is eventually disclosed doesn't mean anything. Of course it means something.

Ohana...

Dino supposedly doesn’t like to talk contracts during the season, right? Possible that JW talked to Dino’s agent, it was a solid offer, and the agent told Dino “You should take a look at this right now?”

It is good to be orange!!! Great to see Dino and hopefully his staff being treated well for the gift of a season they and the kids have given us this year!

Last edited:
He was never leaving. Tried telling ya'll... ;)

Another great day to be a Cuse Football die-hard.

This is silly. Where was he going to go?

Let's see what happens when some big jobs actually open up.

I thought his salary was not officially disclosed prior to today (since SU is not a public school).
What's the likelihood that it will be disclosed for his new contract?

2018-12-12_22-46-29.jpg

This is silly. Where was he going to go?

Let's see what happens when some big jobs actually open up.

The board was silly starting back in like week 7 saying he was leaving for _____________ job.

He likes it here. There were other schools calling that could've paid more.

He can move on if he so chooses, but I often said he wasn't going to leave. That's all.

I wonder how many ADs have a weekly lunch with their head football coach. Well done by Wildhack, including convincing whatever powers may be - to pay market rate.

You keep saying that the data that is eventually disclosed doesn't mean anything. Of course it means something.

I didn’t say that. The diddly was for what will be heard now and we wouldn’t know what he made this year for 2 years. I’ve said 2 years about 3 times.

The 2020 recruiting class just got really promising!

Here's my guess. He had 2 years left. 2M extra on that. (WOOT!) I'm thinking at least 2 more years,(8M). The buyout for an extra 10M of security would have to be substantial. At LEAST 3 more Dino years, for sure.

Dino is a good man. This is an exceptional day for his family and the University. Great day for Syracuse Football!

So i read he’s signed until 2024 at 4 million a year. That true??

Nobody knows. I’ve heard 3 different numbers and 2 different extension lengths.

The 2020 recruiting class just got really promising!

Here's my guess. He had 2 years left. 2M extra on that. (WOOT!) I'm thinking at least 2 more years,(8M). The buyout for an extra 10M of security would have to be substantial. At LEAST 3 more Dino years, for sure.

Dino is a good man. This is an exceptional day for his family and the University. Great day for Syracuse Football!

His original contract was 6 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.