Dino Gets Contract Extension !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is live.

Attachments

• sabre.jpg
    sabre.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 28
Best news for Syracuse football probably since our win vs Michigan in the big house. This is massive.

Merry Xmas to all! Wildhack you clever bastard

I'd say it's much better news than that. That win was a confirmation of what we'd already achieved. We were a much better team than Michigan, and should have had Tennessee the week before if not from some stray SEC laundry.

This is about being on the way up. This is not about reaching an apex, it's about riding the upward curve to...well, who knows what?

I didn’t say that. The diddly was for what will be heard now and we wouldn’t know what he made this year for 2 years. I’ve said 2 years about 3 times.
I guess we were both wrong lol I heard 4 mill and was saying pay him 4.5 u were in the 3.5 area. It’s funny cause we have who we want it don’t get any better. I just like talking about this stuff as it passes time for me. I wonder if it goes up from 4 as u had on an eirlier thread each year it would go up or if it stays at four. I also never really thought about the living expenses being different in different areas until u had mentioned that a while back. 4 mil here is better than 5.5 at usc.

If I'm to believe what I heard jw say in that interview that a kid in the recruiting classes of 2019-at least 2021 will positively have Dino babers as his coach, or words to that effect, means Dino's here by contract til 2025? That what I heard so that's what I'm going with until given reason to believe otherwise. Woo hoo go Cuse!
I think this is right...

I'd say it's much better news than that. That win was a confirmation of what we'd already achieved. We were a much better team than Michigan, and should have had Tennessee the week before if not from some stray SEC laundry.

This is about being on the way up. This is not about reaching an apex, it's about riding the upward curve to...well, who knows what?

I used that game as my last personal high water mark. After that game I thought we were as good as any team in college football and were as exciting as you could be.

Since then it’s been a slow burn.

John Wildhack and the BOT deserve a ton of credit for getting this done. Those positions have gotten a ton of criticism over the years but they got this one right, thank God.

It is underestimated how important the role the Carrier Dome plays in all of this. It differentiates this program from Pitt, BC, VT, MD, WI etc. The timing of the renovation is an ingredient as well. If the final ingredient (fan support/attendance) can come together, this can be the most difficult place to play in the country. This staff realized it’s potential. (Maybe somebody asked Steve Spurrier his thoughts on the dome.)

Wonderful news! Pats Dino and staff on back...

Now get back on the road and get some recruits.

I guess we were both wrong lol I heard 4 mill and was saying pay him 4.5 u were in the 3.5 area. It’s funny cause we have who we want it don’t get any better. I just like talking about this stuff as it passes time for me. I wonder if it goes up from 4 as u had on an eirlier thread each year it would go up or if it stays at four. I also never really thought about the living expenses being different in different areas until u had mentioned that a while back. 4 mil here is better than 5.5 at usc.

Those were guesses a few weeks ago, but nobody was right because we don’t know the details of the extension.

Personally, I honestly don't care about the years or money. Dino signed and to me that says something about him, SU and the BOT and the future of this program. Things...multiple things are and will get done to make this football program a success now and in the future and it feels good to just enjoy this as a football fan of Syracuse University.

Don’t be surprised with a raise for Babers and his staff that Babers is going to pick up more marketing and fundraising duties

His plate was clean of that stuff in order to focus on coaching exclusively.

I think we’ll see the return of the coaches lunches and that the school leverages his popularity for fundraising.

Great to see people step up and demonstrate support by purchasing season tickets. Excellent show of solidarity. However if you are likely unable to attend most games a better option might be a contribution to the Orange Club or Athletics Director’s Discretionary Fund. Only a portion of ticket sales goes to the Athletics Department and sold, empty seats don’t help with optics.

If I'm to believe what I heard jw say in that interview that a kid in the recruiting classes of 2019-at least 2021 will positively have Dino babers as his coach, or words to that effect, means Dino's here by contract til 2025? That what I heard so that's what I'm going with until given reason to believe otherwise. Woo hoo go Cuse!

Most players get a redshirt with the new rule. So let’s just put a bow on this thing. 6 year deal was extended by 5 years, he’ll be the coach until 2026.

Now let’s go win a bowl game and beyond.

Don’t be surprised with a raise for Babers and his staff that Babers is going to pick up more marketing and fundraising duties

His plate was clean of that stuff in order to focus on coaching exclusively.

I think we’ll see the return of the coaches lunches and that the school leverages his popularity for fundraising.
Agreed. I think this is the word “partnership” that ADJW kept referring in his interview.

Aka.. we are happy to invest in you, your staff and the program but we need more in return than a good/great winning %

And luckily, Dino is the guy precisely BECAUSE he believes in this philosophy of an all in two way partnership / ambassadorship (aside from being a crazy good coach of course)

Isn’t that what la familia, ohana, FAMILY is all about?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom