Dino Might Be Disappointed Friday Night | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Dino Might Be Disappointed Friday Night

Seats are moving, have a way to go but its picking up.
Looks like they have decided to sell the $20 tickets at the 300 level on the 40 yard line and then work towards the end.

Earlier this evening seats were available in Section 336 / Row N. They have been sold and now there are seats available on the visitors side of the dome in Section 320 / Row N.

I agree we have a long way to go but tickets are moving !!

You people worry too much. It’ll be north of 40k. Still guessing 42k.
If it hits 42k I will pay your mod stipend for two pay cycles.
1541471751209.gif

Geez, that is beyond stupid. Why in the world would they be worried about Duke of all weeks? Unless they're going to give people discounted tickets to the Louisville game when people call in to purchase Duke tix.

Just give them away at this point. The poor coaches are wasting their time tweeting about filling the Dome. It really shouldnt be this difficult.

Well said, i get it and its a dead weekend in terms of notheast BS activities. too late gpr foliage, too early for Santa. if cuse sports, fb isn't on your radar the next few weeks then you might be a lost cause. This TEAM IS the bomb. Make a night of it and come see them and make some noise and send off the seniors the right way on Friday night.

This may be the single biggest factor.
That pic was depressing. That generation is going to be hard to engage. They've never had a reason to care.

Taking a step back. I'd like to think that if it was a ranked team, we'd pull 42K plus. I'm sure of that, and it'd be wild. I'm afraid too many people think it won't be a good game. Kind of sucks that it's a weak L'ville.

As someone who is fully invested. I expected 45K.. :-( I was going to try and sneak a Decibel meter into the dome(can I bring that?) I'm not bringing one.

I know it's important to HCDB and the team.. I sincerely hope the team gets some support.

Mentioned it at our morning meeting at work today and 3 people came up to me to get the link. Sold 6-8 tickets from it. There’s a definite buzz around this team amongst the casual supporters. Just wish it was a Saturday game.
Doesn’t Friday make it more of an event for the casual fans? While it’s not the best for my own personal schedule, I will sacrifice to get butts in seats.

Doesn’t Friday make it more of an event for the casual fans? While it’s not the best for my own personal schedule, I will sacrifice to get butts in seats.
I think you lose more people who work out of town on Friday than you gain people around here who want to go to the game. The locals would be just as interested on Saturday plus the people who could travel.

Should have run a promo tomorrow - can buy 1 Duke ticket for every Louisville ticket you buy. Then put Duke on sale to the public next week...

Somebody give this man a contract! Great idea.

One of our secretaries just popped her head into my office and excitedly said that she picked up 3 tickets for Friday. I don't think she's been to a football game in years, and our office is almost completely full of generic Central New Yorkers who have no idea what's going on with football beyond occasionally saying something negative about the team. So this is a nice step. There's positive buzz out there.

Well your looking at it from a diehards perspective which is what 98% of this board is made up of. The problem for SU and its been noted here a few times is that there are different levels of casual fans. Based on the last essentially two decades SU has lost a large portion of the "casual fan base" leaving die hards, a small casual base of fans who follow the team but don't go out of their way and then another group who just follow it along the periphery. What this season has done has put a lot of those fans who were just following on the periphery back into casual fan mode, there now following the team closely, discussing it with family and co-workers, and talking about SU football being good again. The problem is that a majority of these fans haven't transitioned to actually attending games yet, they are now making it a priority to watch when SU plays but we still haven't crossed that final hurdle yet in getting them to actually go. That will probably be next year despite the great record this season and the completion of the turnaround under Babers.

Babers and the school and of course winning have done a good job in getting the exposure and excitement level up this season but its still a work in progress in actually getting people back to the Dome. Its a much harder climb then people realize unfortunately.

Well your looking at it from a diehards perspective which is what 98% of this board is made up of. The problem for SU and its been noted here a few times is that there are different levels of casual fans. Based on the last essentially two decades SU has lost a large portion of the "casual fan base" leaving die hards, a small casual base of fans who follow the team but don't go out of their way and then another group who just follow it along the periphery. What this season has done has put a lot of those fans who were just following on the periphery back into casual fan mode, there now following the team closely, discussing it with family and co-workers, and talking about SU football being good again. The problem is that a majority of these fans haven't transitioned to actually attending games yet, they are now making it a priority to watch when SU plays but we still haven't crossed that final hurdle yet in getting them to actually go. That will probably be next year despite the great record this season and the completion of the turnaround under Babers.

Babers and the school and of course winning have done a good job in getting the exposure and excitement level up this season but its still a work in progress in actually getting people back to the Dome. Its a much harder climb then people realize unfortunately.

good post agree 100%, next thing is to get the people who will be sitting in countless bars within a 30 mile radius Friday night watching the game up to the dome. I certainly understand it but there are plenty of people who go that route. They will be the next step because they are out on a Friday or Saturday night, have to get them into the dome. Next step are the people who feel that their living room is the best seat in the house, etc.

This is a great post.

The marketing department needs to make a big push after the BC game to get the word out about the $125 season tickets. People like the $20 tickets well if ypthey by a season ticket they can have $20 tickets for every game next season.

We need a season ticket base of 20,000 in 2019 with a goal of 25,000 for the 2020 when the dome renovation is complete.

They should be doing something where you can lock in the price for the new dome now if you buy seasons next yr. something like the price is good for 3-4 yrs.. show people the value..

its all about cashing tickets

The marketing department needs to make a big push after the BC game to get the word out about the $125 season tickets. People like the $20 tickets well if ypthey by a season ticket they can have $20 tickets for every game next season.

We need a season ticket base of 20,000 in 2019 with a goal of 25,000 for the 2020 when the dome renovation is complete.

I agree, assuming Babers signs an extension or at least comes back they definitely need to push seasons hard. Some of Syracuse's issues are self-inflicted, they need to make things clearer about seasons and especially parking options (tailgating especially). I think they have done a much better job under Wildhack and the current AD and ticket departments (the new held in abeyance permit parking thing not withstanding) but their is always room for improvement. As you noted if you really want to increase butts in seats it has to be done via an increase in season ticket sales because having to go all out for every home game like this to try and get in the 40K+ range is not feasible long term.

I got the renewal email for my seasons... is it strictly renewals and not relocating? I’d like to move to another part of my section.

I got the renewal email for my seasons... is it strictly renewals and not relocating? I’d like to move to another part of my section.

You can do that as well just note that when you re-up. Once the deadline to renew ends in March they open up the rest of the seats and will give current season ticket holders first dibs.

Sadly I think DST also hurts the crowd. I think the night game and going out in dark (and probably sh--y weather) nights is a drag for some of the fans. I think the difference between a September night game and a November night game is not a small number of people simply because its dark.

good post agree 100%, next thing is to get the people who will be sitting in countless bars within a 30 mile radius Friday night watching the game up to the dome. I certainly understand it but there are plenty of people who go that route. They will be the next step because they are out on a Friday or Saturday night, have to get them into the dome. Next step are the people who feel that their living room is the best seat in the house, etc.

I LOVE SYRACUSE! Countless bars within a 30 mile radius.

Sadly I think DST also hurts the crowd. I think the night game and going out in dark (and probably sh--y weather) nights is a drag for some of the fans. I think the difference between a September night game and a November night game is not a small number of people simply because its dark.

SU basketball draws plenty well in sh--y weather in the middle of the winter in the dark. If a fan is using it being dark out as an excuse to not go to a game, then they aren't worth the time of ever trying to get to come to a game, because they will use any excuse possible to not go.

This post isn't directed at you per se, but there is literally an excuse for why fans don't attend games for every single kickoff time. Friday night it's dark out and out of towners can't get there. Noon games suck for tailgating and interfere with apple picking. Blah blah blah. Maybe SU should just schedule games for 2 a.m. That way fans could have legitimate gripes as to why it's inconvenient for them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Foxda130

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom