Dino Might Be Disappointed Friday Night | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Dino Might Be Disappointed Friday Night

I also would not have put the Duke basketball game on sale tomorrow to the general public. There is only so much disposable income people have and some will choose the hoops game over SU football.
Yeah. Horrible timing there. Will need a big push to get to 40k. Weather looks crappy for a walk up crowd too.

The NC State game was the best selling game all year long. Tough to get a big push this late.

But they are moving good numbers...

Anyone notice that 4 symmetrical sections are suddenly unavailable? 303, 335 on our sideline, 317, 321 on their sideline. There's no way all the seats in these sections will be full. Or even half full based on recent games.

Gotta be closed off for a reason. blocked off until sales pick up below.

I have to say, the $20 tickets has a bunch of casuals talking about going and it being a good Friday night activity.
Mentioned it at our morning meeting at work today and 3 people came up to me to get the link. Sold 6-8 tickets from it. There’s a definite buzz around this team amongst the casual supporters. Just wish it was a Saturday game.

I also would not have put the Duke basketball game on sale tomorrow to the general public. There is only so much disposable income people have and some will choose the hoops game over SU football.
Yup seems counter productive...wait till next week to schlep Duke.

Last edited:
it does make you wonder if they think when the do this.. the duke game is gonna sell itself no matter when it goes live.

Agreed...that looks like 32-33k to me. I think we can get to 40K but the Duke presale will clog the phone lines and frustrate several hundred not to buy

Offer to give them then tickets in person IF they come to the Dome Friday night.

Geez, that is beyond stupid. Why in the world would they be worried about Duke of all weeks? Unless they're going to give people discounted tickets to the Louisville game when people call in to purchase Duke tix.

Just give them away at this point. The poor coaches are wasting their time tweeting about filling the Dome. It really shouldnt be this difficult.

there are barely any decent duke tickets anyway.. its all long range for the most part left.

Talk is cheap...you have to push them to commit.

I have a pair coming from Albany for the game...my old next door neighbor. If every STH can convince someone to come it will help.
A referral program would great. Can’t believe they haven’t done it.

$10 concession voucher plus a lottery ticket for every ticket referred. Then you can have a bunch of different cool stuff for the lotto. Meet the coaches/players/dome tour etc. even a set of seasons tickets to b-ball!

I'm hoping things pick up but Wednesday night should provide the best feel for whether this trended in the right direction or not.

BVille44 - I'm not sure what I was looking at at work but when I got home and looked again, I saw where there were all the empty seats. Very depressing, not what I thought I saw originally.

If someone is looking for all the links and information about tickets here they are:

Best seats in the house: 1-888-DOMETIX or Cuse.com/Tickets

$20 Tickets: Cuse.com/ThankYou18

$69 Fastrac Orange 4 Pack: Orange 4 Pack - Fastrac

$10 Tickets: Veterans and members of the armed services bring your MilitaryID to the box office on game day.

Cuse fans are responding...we need to keep pumping our friends to commit. Starting to feel confident we'll announce a crowd of 40-42k. Not great but not horrible either. Love to see us get to 44k

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom