Dino's Game 12 Press Conference for Pitt: 11 AM | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Dino's Game 12 Press Conference for Pitt: 11 AM

I believe BrooklynCuse made a valid point elsewhere. He stated that he felt that Dino was never intending to be here so long, that after 10-3 he'd follow up with another solid year and parlay that to a more desirable job elsewhere.

That plan was derailed by a miss at QB and terrible OL play.

Now he is here and he is miserable. And his window for something bigger and better closed.

That's why he seems so different now versus when he started. He's a guy going through the motions and is indifferent to whether he gets canned or not.

I'm not happy about this post, but I think this seems pretty accurate.

Pretty scathing critique of the QB play Dino says “missing guys wide-ass open” … My opinion reading between the lines is that it's an open competition come spring time.
It needs to be. As good a leader as Shrader is he has to improve or he cant start. His passing has been horrendous.

"My job belongs to my employer. My career belongs to me."

Candidate for greatest no information answer ever made. High priced PR firms would be proud.

Personally, that sounds to me like a guy who just had a tough talking to, and is probably expecting to get fired. Seems a bit defiant. A bit of an "F. U."

Very weird thing to say. I’m not sure what it even means but it sounds like he is indifferent as to whether he stays or goes.
He is saying it is beyond his control, not his decision to make.

I believe BrooklynCuse made a valid point elsewhere. He stated that he felt that Dino was never intending to be here so long, that after 10-3 he'd follow up with another solid year and parlay that to a more desirable job elsewhere.

That plan was derailed by a miss at QB and terrible OL play.

Now he is here and he is miserable. And his window for something bigger and better closed.

That's why he seems so different now versus when he started. He's a guy going through the motions and is indifferent to whether he gets canned or not.
Spot on. Hes a carpet bagger type coach. Its been my number 1 criticism of him. He isnt and has never been committed to SU or the community.

Spot on. Hes a carpet bagger type coach. Its been my number 1 criticism of him. He isnt and has never been committed to SU or the community.

Most coaches are carpet baggers.

They're always listening and looking around.

I don't know where the not committed to the community comes from. He's a guy that's moved around his whole life, seems like he's embraced Syracuse as much as anywhere.

Dino is a class act and always has been, criticizing his coaching is one thing , attacking his character is another, that is BS. You really should talk to somebody that knows him well.

Last edited:
What do you base this on besides a losing record?
He has had about 100 jobs and lived in more places than most people have traveled to. This is a guy who has Hawaiian Syracuse shirts. He is not committed to SU.

He has had about 100 jobs and lived in more places than most people have traveled to. This is a guy who has Hawaiian Syracuse shirts. He is not committed to SU.
That's basically every college or professional football coach in America. The nomad lifestyle is one they become accustomed. Saying he prefers to move around vs. not being committed to SU are two different things though.

Nope, those were prior positions. He has been here for 6 years now. Not sure you can base it on wardrobe choices.

Wouldn't it be funny if Syracuse, NY winds up as the place he's lived the longest in his life?

To be fair, it's hard to ignore the significance of the Hawaiian shirt thing.

Now I need to have one of these...

TSNCFLRLBTUSY_s_44e7eebf-74f0-4e37-a057-cb78f88ec4a2_2048x.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom