Dino's Game 12 Press Conference for Pitt: 11 AM | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Dino's Game 12 Press Conference for Pitt: 11 AM

Spot on. Hes a carpet bagger type coach. Its been my number 1 criticism of him. He isnt and has never been committed to SU or the community.
I have concerns with his time management (think Homer Smith would, too) and other matters related to coaching, but I have zero problems with his character. He always comes across as a fine human being. To the best of my knowledge, he treats everyone with respect, from media to fan to player...and IF it's true that living in Syracuse isn't his life-long dream, that's okay, too.

He didn’t say he wasn’t going to use the portal. He’s saying he’s not a fan of it.
like 1 to 3 players at obvious positions of need

Spot on. Hes a carpet bagger type coach. Its been my number 1 criticism of him. He isnt and has never been committed to SU or the community.
KCSU, your comments about Dino are starting to become cringe worthy. Your #1 criticism has actually been on his mental capacity and his decision abilities because it has been almost a daily tirade for you. CL called it out once, 007 did again the other day. Others are noticing. Not sure what your beef is, maybe a bit tone deaf but your comments about Dino go way off the field many times it seems like. “Has never been committed to SU or the community” What on earth are you talking about? How can you even possibly back that statement up? Time for some perspective…..

Seems to me that Gilbert is not going anywhere. Also, it is Interesting that he referred to Tommy as (I think the term was) “the other guy”.

Wasn't he offered more desirable jobs after 2018 that he turned down when Wildhack extended his contract?
Which ones?

According to 2018-19 NFL and College head coaching changes :

AkronTerry BowdenTom ArthDETAILS
Appalachian StateScott SatterfieldEli DrinkwitzDETAILS
Bowling GreenMike JinksScot LoefflerDETAILS
Central MichiganJohn BonamegoJim McElwainDETAILS
CharlotteBrad LambertWill HealyDETAILS
Coastal CarolinaJoe MogliaJamey ChadwellDETAILS
ColoradoMike MacIntyreMel TuckerDETAILS
East CarolinaScottie MontgomeryMike HoustonDETAILS
Georgia TechPaul JohnsonGeoff CollinsDETAILS
HoustonMajor ApplewhiteDana HolgorsenDETAILS
KansasDavid BeatyLes MilesDETAILS
Kansas StateBill SnyderChris KliemanDETAILS
LibertyTurner GillHugh FreezeDETAILS
LouisvilleBobby PetrinoScott SatterfieldDETAILS
MarylandDJ DurkinMike LocksleyDETAILS
MiamiMark RichtManny DiazDETAILS
North CarolinaLarry FedoraMack BrownDETAILS
Northern IllinoisRod CareyThomas HammockDETAILS
Ohio StateUrban MeyerRyan DayDETAILS
TempleGeoff CollinsRod CareyDETAILS
Texas StateEverett WithersJake SpavitalDETAILS
Texas TechKliff KingsburyMatt WellsDETAILS
TroyNeal BrownChip LindseyDETAILS
UMassMark WhippleWalt BellDETAILS
Utah StateMatt WellsGary AndersenDETAILS
West VirginiaDana HolgorsenNeal BrownDETAILS
Western Kentucky
Mike SanfordTyson HeltonDETAILS

Dino wasn't leaving for anything other than Ohio State, and that wasn't happening.

I believe there were some short lists he was on floating around about Miami. But he was never spotted going down there for an interview.

Besides meaning Hello and Goodbye, Aloha also means love and fellowship. Maybe everyone should have a Hawaiian shirt.
Yeah I looked it up before I posted it. Didn’t want to get banned for profanity or something

Last edited:
I know there’s a little over a month left, but I’m calling it now. This is my favorite post of 2021.

Not quite at the level of Gross' Southern Cal luggage, though. LOL

I just want to be competitive and win football games at a mediocre clip. And it’s tiresome wading through a half decade of Schittsville for a short jaunt through success. Frustrations have to be mounting no matter how much of a staunch supporter anyone is.

I don’t know how I’d be expected to react if someone asked me about my job security, I’d probably get defensive. Might fly off the handle.

Really love Syracuse Football. Really wish we could find a way to get the job done. Really hope that everyone finds a way to pull through on Saturday, Dino included.

Last edited:
I just want to be competitive and win football games at a mediocre clip. And it’s tiresome wading through a half decade of Schittsville for a short jaunt through success. Frustrations have to be mounting no matter how much of a staunch supporter anyone is.

I don’t know how I’d be expected to react if someone asked me about my job security, I’d probably get defensive. Might fly off the handle.

The fact that he’s asking kids to step forward whom he thinks may transfer is somewhat concerning to me.

A) you should know where your kids heads are at. B) asking in front of all their teammates is bad form. C) the ones that are going to go, ain’t standing up in that team circle to say it most likely.

Maybe he asked them individually, I didn’t watch.

Really love Syracuse Football. Really wish we could find a way to get the job done. Really hope that everyone finds a way to pull through on Saturday, Dino included.
Does anyone have the actual quote? Why his exact words were about the Players leaving situation?

Does anyone have the actual quote? Why his exact words were about the Players leaving situation?
You can listen to the presser in the first post of this thread. It was in response to the media asking who in the Junior class was leaving. His response was that he asked the Juniors in the Sunday meeting so they can take part in the Senior Walk after the game.

You can listen to the presser in the first post of this thread. It was in response to the media asking who in the Junior class was leaving. His response was that he asked the Juniors in the Sunday meeting so they can take part in the Senior Walk after the game.
Whelp - that’s an entirely different perspective. And why I shouldn’t make assumptions.

Whelp - that’s an entirely different perspective. And why I shouldn’t make assumptions.
They asked him who the Juniors were and he would only say that it would be obvious when they took part in the Senior Walk.

He also discussed that there are Sophomores, who have been around longer than two years that may have degrees. That this will continue until the last Covid Freshman graduates.

Pretty scathing critique of the QB play Dino says “missing guys wide-ass open” … My opinion reading between the lines is that it's an open competition come spring time.
Exactly the sentiment I got out of that statement as well

Seems like he made very limited use of it this past spring/summer. We left open a bunch of spots. Why not flyers on some big OL or DL who had a year left?
1. Typically transfers come with a lot of baggage.
2. Everyone and their daughters are looking for an OL or DL that can start at their program, not just us.

Pretty scathing critique of the QB play Dino says “missing guys wide-ass open” … My opinion reading between the lines is that it's an open competition come spring time.
I don't recall him ever using profanity in a Press Conference-I think it indicates some frustration on his part.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diamondmakr

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom